3,493 results
All reviewscheckpoint charlieprivilege suitefamily suitecheck point charliegreat hotelquiet streetseparate toiletcoffee machinearound the cornerhuge roomwithin walking distanceexcellent locationunter den lindensitting areashower roomsuperior roomsmall balcony
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

My fiancée and I visited this hotel back in September. It is in a fantastic location down the road from Checkpoint Charlie and the Currywurst museum and just a short walk from Brandenburg Tor. On arrival we were upgraded to an apartment next door which was amazing. We had a small balcony, two floors and two toilet facilities.

The staff were friendly and willing to help us find where we were on the map.

There are supermarket facilities near by, the hotel bar facilities are good and there is a beach really close by.

Great place would definitely stay again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thedayman
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for three nights in December after a recommendation from a friend. Excellent location, you can walk to Checkpoint Charlie or Unter der Lindon very quickly, the tube station is also very close. The staff were very friendly even when we arrived very late on our first night. The rooms are well appointed, the shower is excellent and the beds comfortable. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becks_8020
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Could not fault this hotel, Great location, spacious rooms and most helpful staff. Lovely breakfast to start the day's sightseeing. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank traveller037
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I think this hotel is good value for the money. We stayed 5 nights between Christmas and New Year and paid less than 100 euro per night for a basic double (hotels.com)

The room was clean and very spacious with a closet and drawers, little sitting area and desk. The decor was a jaunty royal blue/yellow/orange, so despite lack of natural light it was cheerful if not particularly stylish. We asked for a double bed: what we got was two singles pushed together with two single blankets. I finally realized that that's what I had been seeing on all the websites for Berlin hotels that I looked at, so I don't think it's only them. The bed and blanket were pretty comfortable though - mattress on the firm side.The room was warm (adjustable heating); we were able to open the windows for some fresh air and it was still very quiet (we were facing the courtyard).

The bathroom, also very spacious with plenty of room for toiletries, was quite far from the bed and separated by a wall. Very civilized. It had heated floors, good water pressure with plenty of hot water. The towels were OK - big enough but not super fluffy - changed if you left them on the floor. As noted in other reviews, they provide a wall mounted squeeze "all in one" soap for hair/body. It worked fine for body and I brought my own shampoo and conditioner.

Free wifi is strong, although after a while it does drop your connection and you have to click through again, but basically it works well and was fast enough for me and my husband to browse for restaurant suggestions, get directions and use Facebook including uploading pictures.

The desk staff were friendly, helpful and spoke perfect English. We arrived late on Christmas eve because of a flight delay which caused us to miss the booking I had made at a nearby restaurant. They helped us find a lovely place nearby where we had a very nice Christmas dinner.

It's walking distance to Museum island, Brandenberg Tor (where you can pick up a free tours of the city starting at 11 and 2pm) Postdammer Plotz.... longish walk to Gemeldegalerie. Also 2 blocks to the metro at Kochstrasse/ Checkpoint Charlie. It takes about 50 minutes by metro to/from Schoenfeld airport.

We loved the free coffee maker and used it every morning to get us started! Breakfast is 18 euro so we left each morning to find something local and much cheaper. Plenty of options.

Room Tip: our room facing the courtyard was quiet in winter, but might get noisy in the morning in summer as they get ready for breakfast.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rschwartz375
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Fantastic hotel close to Checkpoint Charlie and just a stones throw from the Gendarmenmarkt for one of the best Christmas markets I've seen. Staff we're very friendly and helpful and the rooms spotless. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013