Hotel Indigo Berlin - Ku'damm
US$79
US$127
US$108
  • Room Service
All reviewszoo stationcoffee tea machineihg hotelszoologischer garten stationrooms are smallrain showerboutique style hotelexecutive roomreception staffshort walklocation is greattop floors bahnwould stay here againexcellent breakfastwalk in showertegel airport
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hotel Indigo is one of the recent breed of hotels that emphasise good design and location over large, spacious rooms - as a frequent solo business traveller, this ethos suits me well, as I don't need much space, and I like good design.

I was in room 511, at the end of the corridor; as a result, it looks like this room is a slightly different shape than others in the hotel (though I only have the pictures on the website to judge, as this was my first time here). I found there to be plenty of room, and overall the space was perfectly adequate - though if you're used to wide open spaces, as would be found somewhere like the Intercontinental or the Hilton, it might take a little getting used to.

The bathroom was very nice - excellent wetroom-type shower (admittedly a bit odd, as the "wetroom" was the shower cubicle, but it worked very well) with both hand-held and large rainfall options, plenty of room around the sink, and some nice touches like a nightlight below the cabinets. As mentioned by other reviewers, nice Aveda toiletries were provided, and the towels were large and soft.

There was a mini-bar with a few items and a Tassimo coffee machine, which is always good news.

The room isn't without its quirks. Firstly, plug sockets - there virtually aren't any! In the bedroom, the only sockets are behind the bed (on either side), most of which are already taken by the bedside lamps, iPod dock and cordless phone. It's the first hotel desk I've come across where I couldn't plug in my computer, as the cable wouldn't reach. Strangely, there are 2 in the bathroom, but these aren't much use for anything other than a razor.

Secondly, the sliding door into the bathroom and the design of the curtains lets a lot of light in around the edges. Not a big problem for me, but if you're a light sleeper, this might cause an issue.

The biggest problem, however, was this: despite plenty of wardrobe space, there is no iron & board. This turned out to be rather problematic, as I called down to reception to find that the hotel appears to have only 1 (!!) iron and board, and it was already in the possession of another guest. I was told to call back in the morning incase they had left it back, but unsurprisingly it wasn't available. For a hotel of this size - particularly one that caters very well to business travellers otherwise - this is somewhat baffling. I mentioned the issue at checkout and was informed that the issue has been escalated to head office, so hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

Overall, a well designed hotel that is in a very good location (3 mins walk from Zoologischer Garten S-Bahn, plenty of shops & restaurants nearby). I had a comfortable stay, and assuming that the iron issue is resolved, I will return.

3  Thank largebrick
AzureProperties, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Ku'damm, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear largebrick,

thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing rating.

We are very glad to heart that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us at the Hotel Indigo Ku`Damm.
I have already forward to problem, regarding the Iron to our Chief Housekeeper and also to the general Manager to resolve this as soon as possible.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

With best Regards from Berlin

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here with my wife for the second time and were just as happy with everything as a year ago. The hotel and rooms are very tidy and quiet (albeit small), service is very friendly indeed, breakfast and internet are included and location + connections are great. Wholeheartedly rexommended. The view is from our balcony (zoomed though).

Dear Tapio

thank you so much for your amazing rating.
We are always happy to read that our guests had an comfortable and nice stay.

We would be very happy to welcome you again at the Hotel Indigo Ku´Damm by your next Berlin visit.

With best Regards from Berlin

Reviewed 8 July 2014

€149 a night, room so small hardly any space to get round the bed to open the curtains. Hard to get the air conditioning right - either freezing or too hot. Nice Aveda products though very small bottles. Extremely helpful staff but very slow service. Breakfast €15 and not a good choice - no fruit salad, yogurt or fresh croissants.

Room Tip: I had room 611. Very tiny.
1  Thank Whatever6790064
AzureProperties, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Ku'damm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your feedback, which gives us the chance to improve our service.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had at the breakfast and also with the air conditioning.

Please rest assured that we take guest complaints very seriously and we will do our very best to please you at your next stay at the Hotel Indigo Ku´Damm.

We hope to welcome you again at the Hotel Indigo Ku'Damm to Show you we can do better.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Bedroom small yet adequate for my short two day stay in Berlin. Had all the usual facilities although the coffee machine was broken (someone thoughtfully left the broken plastic part in the water dispenser - not picked up by housekeeping). Bathroom VERY small. More like a large cupboard. Reminded me of what I have had at IBIS hotels.I had higher expectations for this IHG Indigo brand hotel. Young staff who were welcoming and helpful. Room rate included breakfast which I thought good. Hotel just a short walk to the Zoologischer Garden Bahn (U and S Bahn). There is also a handy supermarket under the station railway bridge for those who might wish to stock up with water, snacks etc.
Marked my rating as just average as bathroom size really too small.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel will be quieter and overlook residential areas.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Travel_Undercover

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay in our hotel. We are very sorry for any inconvenience you had.
For your next stay I recommend a Deluxe or Ecexutive room, please contact me directly supervisor.kudamm@hotelindigoberlin.com.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Decent hotel very close to zoo station. Restaurant (evening meal) very good - but you pay hotel prices. Breakfast good - coffee, juice, cereals cooked food and pastries. Safe and tea and coffee in the room and really good shower. Helpful staff on reception. Several restaurants and shops in the area.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is quieter
2  Thank Steve T

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice rating about your stay in our hotel. I shared your feedback with the reception staff. We are always happy to read that you like our breakfast and also your room.