DORMERO Hotel Berlin Ku'damm
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$259
  • Room Service
US$187
US$144
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdie quadrigawinter gardenquiet streetfree mini barmassive tvstar hotelnice bedbreakfast and dinnerrooms are modernbigger roomrestaurant stafftea coffee making facilitiesquiet hotelfew minutes walkstayed here for nightsreception desku bahn station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

been there for the ITB fair during 4-7 march. hotel is located near the center in a quiet street. you need to walk for 8 min to get to Ku'damm street, do not count on the taxi availability during peak hours. you may want to get a taxi on your way back to the hotel if you have heavily shopped. hotel is a typical german building with humble foyer and thanks to the large greenhouse patio at the back, lots of sunshine during breakfast hours. the room I have stayed in was a standard room with street view, however with a very comfy bed and lots of pillows. French balconies are at your disposal if you wish to have some clean and cold berlin air or a smoke (all rooms are non-smoking). breakfast was served both at the patio and in the building around, yet very elegantly decorated. service was prompt, however you need to walk around to find the various buffets. there are no bell staff available, so go prepared. reception staff were efficient and helpful. overall value for money and a little bit more...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Orhan K
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We arrived at new years day to find the hotel entirely shut down for service due to the upcoming new years party within the hotel. Our planned lunch in the hotels beautiful "garden" was for that reason not possible. Nothing was possible apart from hanging from hanging out in our room. The planned glass of champagne in the, for this day, non existing bar was not possible. We ended up with a quick glass in the lobby waiting for our taxi.
We got a small, nice and very basic room were we slept. Thats it. Actually rather boring first day. Our room service tray with our tea hovered on the floor outside our room for 24 hours wich surprised me as the service over all was very good.
At new years day we rang the reception that informed us that a brunch was offered until 14:00, just to find it closing 13:00. This however was solved in a quick and very responsive, professional way by the very attentive and friendly staff. We were offered an extensive luxurious breakfast/brunch served i the lounge. Free of charge. Impressive service from the staff in all aspects at all times.

To sum it up; we would have appreciated information prior to arrival that the only real service was "a room" and that nothing else would be accessible on new years day.
We ha a basic night of sleep without the usual experience of enjoying a hotel. We came, we slept and left.......... next time we definitely go somewhere more happening so we can enjoy lounging around with a drink and relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a soft bed, we slept ON a log.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This looks a wonderful hotel in a fabulous setting BUT a laptop and phone was taken from a bedroom while occupants were in the shower. The staff were catatonic and didn't even call the police or offer the use of a telephone. The couple who were burgled are English and despite their distress (they were students) they got minimum support possible. The attitude of all the staff (top management included) was understated to say the least and what's more, no compensation or apology was offered. No effort was made to look at security cameras or interview staff and there was a general 'laissez faire' attitude that we all found extraordinary. My husband paid the bill in full for five of us but I will never set foot in it again or recommend it to anyone. What a pity.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 543Ursula
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Clearly you cannot ignore this hotel's immaculate appearance and luxurious rooms. However, my stay in Berlin was ruined when someone stole everything I owned from my room in the space of 2 minutes, while I showered in that room! I was staying on the top floor of the hotel and it was around 10.30 at night. You cannot assume security in this hotel.

It was a devastating ordeal but made so much worse by the hotel's response to it all. When I immediately went to speak to the man at the front desk he literally shrugged his shoulders, muttered some incomprehensible words, and simply offered no support whatsoever. He would not even let me use the phone to call the police. Unbelievable no?!

After calling the police and my bank myself on my mobile phone in their lobby I eventually managed to get the attention of the manager. While his calm air of authority as hotel manager did make me feel like I was being taken more seriously, sadly this was short-lived. For he did not, and has not to date, offered me any sort of apology or condolence. He seemed much more concerned with the hotel's reputation rather than offering any sort of sympathy. Fortunately, I must say that one of the more junior staff members was sympathetic, and was a complete angel in such a hellish situation. However the attitude of the hotel at the time and since has made the experience unnecessarily worse. After they sent one email in reply to me that completely absolved themselves of all responsibility, they now ignore my emails entirely.

I was never chasing their money, all I wanted was a single sincere apology and recognition of how devastating this weekend was for.

They also charge you to use WIFI for each individual device, I can't remember exactly but probably more than 5 euros per device. Seems unreasonable no?!

No, I wouldn't go back here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Archie K
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Super hotel but marred by theft of cash from our room whilst at breakfast. Since the incident we have noticed it is not the first time this has happened and both whilst away from the room taking breakfast. Staff notified and whilst they were disappointed there was no contact with senior management to express any sort of explanation or understanding. It took the edge off our visit and whilst Berlin wonderful will not be returning to Brandenburger Hof.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family