The Circus Hostel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$197
US$144
US$108
US$100
1,304 results
All reviewsbar downstairsown breweryshared facilitiesbed dormbathrooms and showersrosenthaler platzthe free walking tourkey cardtram stoptop floorshared bathroomyoung peoplelocation is greatprenzlauer bergbeds were comfortablebuffet breakfastbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Nice hostel in central Berlin, next to buses, trams and metro. The neighbourhood is great: young people, plenty of cafés, resturants and shops and some beer gardens too!
The room was clean, but there is no toilet inside. Toilets and showers in the corridor = many young people that come to party and the toilets became a bit dirty...
The doors are new and heavy and close by it self, which makes a huge noise! Try not to get a room next to the corridor entrance!
The "all you can eat" breakfast buffé was very good, so I strongly recommend it! Even if you don't live in the hostel!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soderdrottning
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We stayed at the Circus Hostel for two nights.

We stayed in room 317 which was a private double room. The bed was nice and big, and the room was very large. Wifi was available in the room and throughout the building.

The shower room was directly opposite our room and the toilets were just down the hallway. The room was clean, and the bathrooms remained clean throughout our stay.

The hostel is well located on both the metro and bus lines, and there are lots of cafes and restaurants nearby as well as a laundrymat.

The hostel sells cheap breakfast ranging from €2-5 which is really good and they have a bar.

This hostel is fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Circus hostel (don't be confused with the circus HOTEL across the street) was immaculate. Funky reception area with postcards and magnets to buy. The rooms were spacious and the beds were so comfortable and large. Everything looked brand new and instead of the usual nasty hostel smells, it smelled like sanitation and oak...what a nice change! The bathrooms were awesome with individual shower stalls and they were very clean. The cafe downstairs was great and trendy, with good breakfast deals. The hostel had a pretty good location with an excellent walking tour. By far the best hostel I've stayed at. I left asking, was that really a hostel?

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Being a bit of Princess - or Duchess in my case I don't consider myself a "Hostel type person". If they were all like this hotels would go out of business!
It is AMAZING! The staff are fantastic. They are SO helpful and nothing is any trouble.
I arrived distressed as my purse had been stolen and they did everything they could to calm me down, get me to my room and then help me go thru the steps of reporting it, getting money to Berlin etc. I stayed there twice in the end! There are a selection of rooms available, I had a single with private facilities. There are dorms, rooms without facilities and apartments.
The cafe supplies an all you can eat breakfast for 5 Euro's. Enough for the day.

Please give this place a go regardless of your age or if you're a 4 star type! You won't be dissaponted. The Circus has been recently renovated so most of the the photo;s displayed are well out of date

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The Circus Hostel is incredibly well located (and indeed very well organised). It is particularly easy to get to from Schonefeld airport (though I imagine it is equally convenient for Tegel)

Check-in is efficient and they let you store bags till the room is ready. The staff are very helpful and very nice, and always willing to suggest things to see. There is a small bar downstairs and a cafe for breakfast, etc.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo