“Friendliest Hotel in Berlin!”
Review of Hotel Gunia

Hotel Gunia
Ranked #280 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I was visiting Berlin for a week from Ohio for business and stayed at Hotel Gunia. Everything was perfect! The owners, Horst and Simone, were very friendly and gave me tips about the sights to see in Berlin. The room was also reasonably priced; something that is difficult to find in Berlin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank dougindc2001
There are newer reviews for Hotel Gunia

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was travelling solo through Berlin and spent 3 nights at Hotel Gunia. I stayed in a single room with a separate bathroom down the hall. The room was clean and the hotel is in a great location near markets and the main shopping area is only 15-20 min walk. Breakfast is provided daily in the communal dining hall and is a great start to the day. Simone and Horst were warm hosts which was a real highlight of the stay, providing helpful tips on things to see and directions around Berlin. Horst was even kind enough to recommend a tailor and take me there to alter a few dresses. Really wonderful hosts and would be happy to return!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Would just like to say what a great time I had in Berlin. Our stay in Hotel Gunia was excellent with the hosts giving us a warm welcome. The room was very comfortable and spacious and had good wifi. Simone was a fantastic host who could not be more helpful giving us lots of really useful information and ideas that enhanced our trip. Breakfast was typically German with cold meats, boiled egg and coffee which I enjoyed. Please ignore the one star review as I think it is totally bogus. Simone speaks fluent English. I also stayed in room 1 and thought it was an excellent room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Last month I stayed 7 nights in this hotel. The hosts Simone and her husband are very welcoming couple and help with any needed information. I felt there like at home.
I had a big room in the second floor: quite and comfortable.
Breakfast is very good. Location is great as it is very close to the subway (Nolendorf Pl.), and near the Ku-dam. I like the neighborhood and enjoyed the small restaurants around: April and the Thai restaurant are recommended. I felt safe to be back late at night.
For me there is no other place to stay in Berlin but the Hotel Gunia. Next time in Berlin I am here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RonaJerusalem
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at Hotel Gunia for 5 nights in April and occupied the ground floor apartment which was ideal for us as we were travelling with my elderly parents. The hosts Simone and Amarni were delightful and really treated us with care and consideration. Simone's bright personality and welcoming nature added so much to our stay. Nothing was too much! The location was convenient to train stations and shopping facilities as well as some excellent restaurants for dining. Try 'April' restaurant for a special treat! Although we had the same breakfast each morning and would have liked a little more variety, the eggs, cheese, breads and meats provided were delicious. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DeniseBellingen
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Staff (owners) was the best thing in the hotel. I was traveling alone and felt very safe and taken care of at Gunia. I was addressed by firts name all the time as if I was part of the family. I had a big room in the second floor (I wouldn't recommend the rooms in the first floor) with ensuite modern bathroom. It was a little chilly in the room but after asking the owners turned on the central heating. I missed some more surfaces for toiletries in the bathroom and perhaps slippers but otherwise I was very happy guest. Location was perfect for me as the U-bahn from close by station (Nollendorfplatz) went straight to the Fair Centre (ICC) and places like Potzdamer Platz. Kurfursterdamm was also a walking distance away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tainak
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The hotel had a very friendly staff. It has a very good location in the center of Berlin (Nollendorfer platz), This old style (last century) hotel with a charm, offers a good bed and a very good breakfast. The rooms are clean, small, reasonably equipeed and decorated. It is quite cheap but the only problem is: the rooms are no way soundproof.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo