“Impressing”

Berlin Jewish Tours
Ranked #21 of 388 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Berlin Jewish Tours are done by Yoav and Natalie Sapir. They are both academics focusing on German-Jewish history, offering tours of Berlin's Jewish and German aspects to hotel guests as well as cruise guests.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Yoav took me and my 3 kids and my mom to a trip to jewish offside memory sites in berlin. It was a strong and emotional experience for all of us. Yoav is very skilled, has a deep knowledge about history and was very attentive to our demands and questions.
I can highly recommend him ad a guide!
Naomi Bubis

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I spent two days with Yoav in Berlin this week. Each day was thoughtfully arranged around my particular interests and he indulged my desire to see specific locations in East Berlin. This was my first visit to Berlin and I could not have had a better experience. His specific knowledge of the city and its history was remarkable and it was apparent that he had done some additional research for my benefit prior to our meeting. His website is full of good historical information and he shares his knowledge easily both in speaking and writing. I am enormously grateful for our time together.

1  Thank sshapir
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We spent several hours touring with Yoav around Berlin by bus back in December. We had a very large group (over 30) and Yoav did great work in adapting his tour both to the size of the group and our particular interests. He gave a very efficient, engaging overview of the city and its history, and deftly answered the group's questions (he actually wanted us to ask more!) Further, as the person responsible for organizing the tour in advance, I was extremely appreciative of Yoav's email responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility. I recommend his services highly!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were taken on a very interesting and informative tour by Yoav yesterday on Jewish Berlin before during and after the Holocaust. We felt so comfortable with him straightaway and he shared so many interesting facts and stories with us. We walked around the back streets and would never ever had seen anything if we hadn't been with Yoav to explain it all .
We highly recommend him to show you the Jewish aspect of Berlin We will always remember him as one of the nicest tour guides we have ever had.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I and another couple hired Yoav to act as our Berlin guide on October 24th for a full day (10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.). We wanted him to spend the bulk of the time on visiting sites that tell a story about the Jews who lived there in the 30’s and 40’s.

To say that we got a lot more out of those 8 hours than we ever expected was possible would be an understatement. In addition to knowing history, politics, religion and a host of other disciplines, Yoav is learned beyond his years and just a wonderful person with a keen sense of humor and fun to hang out with.

Yoav was checking with us throughout the day wanting to be sure he was showing us the places we wanted to see and informing us of the kinds of facts we wanted to learn about. Like all great teachers, Yoav tells a story that captures one’s imagination and enables the visitor to transport him or herself into the time and place at that moment in history.

Had we known what a tour de force Yoav offers, we would have hired him for the entire three days we were in Berlin, not just one.

Harvey Feuerstein