“Best place I've stayed in Europe”
Review of Guesthouse 21

and 1 more site!
Guesthouse 21
Ranked #54 of 194 Berlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This place is brilliant! The owners are friendly, helpful and welcoming. Daniel was so helpful orientating us to Berlin and making us feel comfortable.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a place to stay in Berlin.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brandontoronto

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This guesthouse is terrific. Daniel and Maik, the hosts and owners, are warm and friendly, going out of their way to accommodate their guests' every need. The rooms are nicely appointed and the breakfast indulgent (home-baked bread, eggs to order, cheese, meat, cereal, fruit, hot drinks). We were a bit wary of shared bathrooms but there was never a wait and they, like the rest of the premises, were always clean. The location is good and the helpful tips from our hosts made everything easy. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 day and let me tell you i was accommodated very well, Daniel & Maik were very nice people, my room were clean and neat and that is all matters, breakfast is at 9AM you would sit down and served :) this a quite facility its great because when you tour around Berlin the whole day you end up with peace of mind sleeping at night. I highly recommend this hotel and also the area is safe and close to every bars and restaurant. I enjoyed my stay and i will stay again whenever i'm back to Berlin.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KhrissPoO
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wonderful place to stay. perfect situation, great attention, just what I looked for !!
Big room, well heated, good matress, I stay almost one week and every morning good breakfast with many kind of cheese and ham...and delicious HOME MADE BREAD.mmmm feel like home. Thank you Maike and Daniel for great attention. I like very much the place because I feel at ease. Thank you Daniel to remove the stain on my trousers. Guesthouse21 is a guesthouse for gay people and not a hotel with a reception desk. From airport to GUESTHOUSE21 is easy follow the indications is easy and perfect just change one metro station from Schonefeld airport. Before arrival reconfirm your flight arrival time, Maike or Daniel will appreciate it and will wait for you ... Daniel or Maike are very good people, I appreciate the care about my stay and very helpful in case of. I like very much the place because of people meetings, location. It is clean and charming place and very good price. I highly recommend the place and really look foward to come back for my job or for pleasure. Si nunca has estado en Berlin y vas solo, con amigos o con pareja TE RECOMIENDO ESTE SITIO !!! POR CALIDAD , ATENCION Y PRECIO . NO LO DUDES !!

Room Tip: Cualquier habitacion esta bien . Tienes un supermercado ALDI en frente, para comprar agua, zumos.. t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We found this great B&B by chance around 3 years ago and have just returned from our 3rd stay there. The two guys that own and manage the property are great - very friendly, helpful and informative and always go out of their way to make you welcome and your stay comfortable.

The rooms vary in size but are costed accordingly and they all offer comfortable surroundings for either a long or short stay. Those at the front of the property are not as quiet as those at the back due to main road outside and the bus stop directly outside the front door. That said, I am a light sleeper and I didn't find the noise to be an issue.

I was initially doubtful of staying in a property that did not have en-suite facilities, but my fears were unfounded - the 2 bathrooms are clean and not on any of our stays have we encountered any waits to use the bathrooms.

The kitchen area is clean and tidy and the breakfasts round the communal table allow for chats with fellow guests. The breakfast includes cereals and muesli, yoghurt, a selection of cheeses and cold meets, jams, spreads, honey, boiled eggs, fresh bread and rolls and as much coffee or tea as you like.

The guesthouse is well placed for bars, restaurants and transport links. Due to the excellent transport network in Berlin, it is an easy transfer from both airports - nearest U-Bahn station Viktoria Luise Platz is directly across from the property.

Despite its many advantages, the guesthouse is not ideal for those with mobility issues. Whilst the main door is at at street level - up a couple of steps - the entrance to the guesthouse itself is up about 20/25 stone steps and no lift is available.

I was very surprised to see that others have commented that the staff are unfriendly and that the place is less than clean. All I can say is that they have had a VERY different experience to myself if either was the case. Of course, there is also the element that there really is no pleasing some people.

Daniel and Maik can be assured that we will return to Berlin and Guesthouse 21 again and again. A fantastic city and a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Guesthouse 21 met all my needs - a bed to sleep in, a comfortable room, easy accessability to the U/S Bahn, and a great location with regards to the gay neighborhood. I have to admit, I'm not a breakfast person, so I was never really around for breakfast, but the kitchen was available 24/7 so it made it easy to grab a quick bite and a cup of tea before I went out to explore the city. The price was great too. I would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is a great little guesthouse in the heart of Schoenberg. The hosts are very friendly and helpful, and the food is fabulous. Over the breakfast table we could interact with other tourists and share tales of what we've enjoyed. Close to both the bus and U-Bahn, they also offer gratis bikes to ride around the city. Spacious room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple