“Surprisingly good”

Gorki Park
Ranked #405 of 8,394 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Russian, Eastern European, Central European, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Princeton, New Jersey
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Looking for a light dinner we strolled around Rosenthaler Platz and decided to try Gorki Park, partly because the menu was interesting and partly because the alternatives were unappealing. We were very enjoyably surprised at the quality of the meal we ate–an excellent value for the money.

We can’t claim anything beyond the small number of dishes we chose but they were first class. The (meat) borscht was the finest we have ever eaten, deeply flavored and nourishing. The smoked fish platter was extraordinary: excellent herring and salmon, egg with roe, a variety of delicious pickles, good black bread, and blinis.

We could have done without the background of techno music.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Fellwalker57

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London
“Nice food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We ate here last week (march 2014) and had a really nice meal. We started with a tasting plate with vodka shots. The tasting plate for 2 was really quite large and the vodka was good.
For mains we had Pelmeni and Vareniki and they were really good and traditional dumplings, lots of good meat in them and with butter as they should be! Services was a bit average, but that didn't bother us too much, especially after the vodka and wine!

• Visited March 2014
Westfield, New Jersey, United States
“Excellent for breakfast/brunch!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I went to eat at Gorki Park at the recommendation of the receptionist/manager at the Circus Hotel. I am so glad she recommended this restaurant! I ate brunch here on my first day in Berlin. I loved the atmosphere -- warm and cozy. The waitress was wonderful -- she was friendly and made helpful suggestions about what I might like to eat. I ordered an omelet, which came with potatoes and a delicious bread basket. I was starving, and asked for a suggestion as to what else to eat. I asked about fruit salad. The waitress recommended a side dish of "almond cream cheese and fresh fruit." It sounded strange to me, but she reassured me that it was delicious, and she was right. It was amazing, as was the tea that I had with my meal. I had a great conversation with the waitress as well. I would recommend Gorki Park to anyone visiting Berlin. I wish I had stayed longer so that I could have eaten here again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank RLF90
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Poor service, greasy food”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Called in for dinner as it was busy, and felt like being adventurous and trying some Russian food. We both had dumplings which were very greasy, and didn't come with the advertised red onion and pickled cabbage. Our waiter seemed nice at first, understanding our lack of German, but there it stopped. He came to us for our order after he'd served everyone else who'd come after us, and didn't come back after. We asked for the bill 3 times, and he said to us 'you want to pay?', but it never came. Half an hour later we got up and found a waitress at the till to take our payment, meanwhile he was stood behind us huffing as we were blocking his way. Not recommended.

Barcelona, Spain
“Fine Russian Fare”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I thought the menu was offering an excellent selection of typical Russian food and the shot of vodka that came with my meal was also to my liking...it was certainly welcomed after having braved sub 0 temperatures to venture out! I look forward to going back and trying more from the menu, it sure looks promising.

Visited January 2014