Hotel-Pension Bregenz
US$117
US$127
US$108
  • Room Service
All reviewsquiet streetyogurtshort walk to the bus stopgerman breakfastevery morningthree nightscold cutsroom was spotlessinner courtyardthe location is perfecttransportkufurstendammminibarcharlottenburgsubwaygermanystrasse
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I’ve stayed here twice & enjoyed both visits. It’s convenient to about anything you need. The bus stop, grocery, restaurants, & Starbucks are less than a three or four minute walk. Included in the price of the room are excellent wi-fi and a good breakfast.

The last time I was in Berlin, I found a bargain price on a five-star business hotel via Hotwire. It was a nice hotel, but I like Bregenz much better. The better rooms at the Bregenz are larger than the 5-star hotel. Wi-fi and breakfast aren’t expensive add-ons. The neighborhood is more interesting, active, yet safe and quiet. With the big chain hotels you don’t get a lot of local flavor, unlike a small locally owned hotel.

As others have mentioned, the owner is very helpful in providing advice and assistance.

I enjoyed walking around the neighborhood. It is a safe area with pleasant and interesting streets.

The hotel is on one floor of a 5 or 6 story apartment building. I think there are only about 15 to 20 rooms. So it is more of a guest house than a hotel. Usually the only time you will see anyone there is during breakfast.

There are U-bahn and S-bahn stations nearby (~10 minutes walking), but the bus stop (4 or 5 minutes away) typically has only about a 2 or 3 minute wait between buses.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I've stayed at the Hotel Pension Bregenz a couple of times in the past as well as my recent stay in May, and have enjoyed it very much. It's clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is excellent, with a good variety of choices, and the prices both for the hotel and the breakfast are very reasonable.

Christian is very helpful with advice about places of interest, transportation, and the like. An added plus for me is that I can hear birdsong outside and sometimes the unobtrusive sounds of children playing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to Germany. I don't know where to start except to say it was fantastic. Let me say that my husband and I are the type of people who need little out of a hotel since we only are there to sleep and shower. Cleanliness is important. This was so much more than just a clean hotel, though it was spotless. It is a pension, so it is the top floor of an apartment building, but that is not an issue. There are doors to lock the hotel area from residents and locks on the rooms of course. The room was a nice size, comfortable, clean, great value. The breakfast was a typical European style--hardboiled eggs, cereal, cold cuts, cheese, bread, yogurt. Everything you could need. Tanya, the manager, was so friendly and helpful. She gave us so many recommendations for things to do, see and places to eat and drink. The hotel is located 2-3 blocks off the Ku'damm (took us awhile to figure out that is Kurfurstendamm) and you can walk to most everything if you don't mind a 15 minute walk. Our stay in Berlin was so great, partly due to the great experience at Hotel-Pension Bregenz. We would stay there again with hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We were supposed to check in at a brand new hotel in Mitte but decided on a pension house for a more personal and "homey"atmosphere and it was a perfect decision. My family just loved it..the rooms, the location,the German breakfast, the serenity of the surroundings but most of all was the excellent personal touch of Christian. Believe the good reviews which for me are really understatements.
Really had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I'm back from this lovely family runned business after 5 days in Berlin with two friends of mine. We often travel the 3 together and it's almost impossible to find in Europe such a big room! Plus it's very clean and the owner very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was impeccable and always full of different things. It's also very close to the U ban station and buses to Mitte, round the corner from the famous Ku'Damm. I can only suggest to stay there!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends