“Excellent price good location ”

Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum
Ranked #260 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just come back from Berlin stayed one night in this hotel and the price was fantastic, service excellent and clean good bed and shower. I would recommend this hotel to anyone it also has free wi-fi and is right next to a u bahn station

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Neil S
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review.
We are delighted that you had a nice time in Berlin.
We would be glad to welcome you again in one of our Novum Hotels.

Faithfully Yours

Aldea Team

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I booked into this hotel with a guide dog. When I arrived I was told it was not allowed in the hotel. I explained that it had been booked in and eventually we were allowed to register. The same problem happened almost every time I entered the hotel. Problems in the breakfast room followed and consequently I did not eat breakfast during my stay.
Having locked my key in the room, I encountered reception at its worst, they made me feel as if this was the first time this had ever happened, and would not deal with the situation until we returned to the hotel.
On the plus side it was clean, the car parking was secure, the chambermaids were excellent. Having made a fuss about my guide dog they sent me a bottle of cava - but still would not let my guide dog in.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back - the ones on the front of the hotel are at the same level as the Ubhan
3  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is a 1-minute walk from the Bülowstraße U-bahn station, making it a good base of operations in Berlin. The rooms are small but reasonable, the bathroom/shower quite small, but just this side of usable. Breakfast is not lavish, but quite good and fresh. The elevators are ancient and slow, but there are three of them. Despite staying at the 7th (top) floor, I was not overly frustrated by the elevators.

Staff was rather indifferent and unfocused. The soap in the built-in dispenser in my room's shower ran out the first day, and was not refilled by the housekeeping staff for *four* days, despite there being a way to directly ascertain, visually, that the container is empty. (I was using my own soap, so did not bother to complain, but was curious to see when they would notice and act. They never did.)

So despite all this, I'm giving it four stars, because it offers what I'm looking for -- cleanliness, accessibility, and a reasonable price.

1  Thank ABW27
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Cheap but hygienic. So that is good. What is not so good is the attitude of the reception staff who seemed to have missed the bit about being friendly in their training course.
They were grudging about giving out keys and extremely rude to a colleague of mine who had the temerity to arrive with a guide dog. Even after a couple of days staying there they kept trying to stop her entering the hotel!
She was refused access to the breakfast room despite German law. I think the management should be ashamed.

Room Tip: If you have a guide dog, or any other special need I think, go to a friendly hotel
6  Thank arnottdavies
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights (april 9-14). This is a 3 star hotel but it looks like a hostel to me.

PROS

close to the U2-Bülowstraße station
close to a supermarket and affordable Asian and german restaurants.
The lady at the breakfast area is really nice.
Thats it

CONS
small room
small bed
small toilet and bath (I am about 170 cm and i still think the toilet and bath is small and cramped)
Bad customer service from the front desk
They let you carry your luggage and go inside the cloakroom (very unhelpful and this is a security risk i think)
If you need to iron your clothes you need to do it at the lobby
If you need a toothbrush you need to pay 1 euro and pick it up yourself at the lobby.
Breakfast is the same, every single day.
They only have 1 key per room, with a heavy metal keychain.
They never replaced our towels unless we ask them to.
they never replaced the bedsheets and blankets even if we ask them to.
No tea, water kettle or refrigerator inside the room.
The elevators have an extra door and its confusing, i saw a lady with a wheelchair and she is having a hard time opening the extra door of the elevator.

Room Tip: terrible hotel. I have stayed in better hotels and in better locations in Berlin. I recommend to avo...
3  Thank Sunkissedguy
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed there for 5 days. The beds were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was genuinely nice and typically German. The wifi was reasonably good, and the hotel was extremely well located within a short walk of Kaiser's and REWE supermarkets and the U2-Bülowstraße station. If you're my height (6'0" / 183cm) the shower is physically too small to get into although I did manage a couple of times. There was no fridge or minibar (just an empty area), nor tea/coffee facilities. I found some staff friendly while others decidedly not, and two white t-shirts disappeared from my room thanks to housekeeping on one of the days which I am still trying to get back.

1  Thank Andrew O
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was such a great place, very clean and well located!.... I was really worried because I was not the one who chose this hotel, actually it was a friend of mine who always stays in this hotel and I just decided to go for it and it was a very good decision :).

Room Tip: go for it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Jorge,

Thank you for your nice review.
We are delighted that you had a nice time in Berlin.
We would be glad to welcome you again in one of our Novum Hotels.

Faithfully Yours