“Modern true 5 star hotel”

Waldorf Astoria Berlin
Ranked #23 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Gjovik, Norway
“Modern true 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Superb location, spacious room and exellent service. We really liked the view from the library, as the staff told us, its worth a visit both at daytime and in the evening. We loved the breakfast, all fresh made with champagne inclusive. We are coming back. Waldorf Astoria is now our preferred hotell in Berlin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gregor A, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Summer22k I am very pleased to read that the Waldorf Astoria Berlin is now your preferred hotel in the city. This is a great compliment and I thank you very much for your positive comments. The library is indeed one of our most popular facilities because of its comfortable ambience and the splendid views over the city and the zoo. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you again and letting you experience the cosy atmosphere of the Libary and the great breakfast buffet once more.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Without a doubt one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Only downside was that I had to leave. Everything from the location of the hotel; to the bedroom, to the amenities to the staff was perfect. I have never felt so welcome. The staff tried their utmost to ensure we were comfortable, I especially have to thank Nicole/a from the front desk/lobby. Room service was delicious, and on time, no delays. The hotel has a beautiful spa and is at walking distance to all of the best shops including the famous KaDeWe and the Zoo, perfect if visiting with children. We had a high floor with some great views of the city and the zoo. I would certainly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a luxurious stay. Will definately be back soon .....

Room Tip: Higher floors have a magnificent view of the city
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lara386, thank you very much for your kind compliments about your stay at the Waldorf Astoria Berlin. I am always very pleased reading such nice feedback about our services and I am sure that Nicole will be very happy to know that you have expressed special thanks to her. It is great to hear that me and my team could assist you to have the perfect stay at our hotel. Indeed the location of our hotel is very attractive offering many opportunities for entertainment, also for children. Please feel free to contact my concierge team in case you have any questions. Since your check out was the only downside of your stay, I am very much looking forward to welcoming you at the Waldorf Astoria Berlin again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 March 2014

have spent 10 days at the Hotel for a trade show and overall had a pleasent experience, even though from an F&B point of view, for breakfast, room service and dining...waiting times are by far too long for the standards of such a Hotel. Rooms are really nice, spacious bathrooms and nice technology. Also the business center is well done even though printing facilities were too basics and a bit challenging.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Gregor A, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your kind compliments about your stay at the Waldorf Astoria Berlin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit in Berlin and your accommodation. Regarding the waiting time in our gastronomic facilities I kindly ask you to accept my apologies. Due to the fact that we are a young hotel we constantly improve our services. Nevertheless service delays should always be avoided. Therefore I am always pleased to read valuable feedback from our guests.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

First of all this was my first stay at Waldorf Astoria Berlin. I expected everything to be A+ and to the hilton highest standards. However the only great thing were the rooms.
Staff tried to steal one of the shopping bags that were supposed to be delivered to the room. We had approx 6-7 bags, however when we arrived to the room one of the bags was missing. After 3-4 calls to the reception and the concierge and hours of waiting for their response, they came up with an excuse which was they were not sure whether that was our bag (considering i did not see anyone with shopping bags in the hotel that day, except for our company) after a long wait, the guy at the reception apologised and admitted that they forgot the bag. Awful experience. Their only excuse was that their staff is unexperienced. Rediculous.
This was my first and last visit to this hotel.

Stayed February 2014
7 Thank Tiggy00
I am really sorry to hear that we have not fulfilled your expectations. We are a very young hotel and constantly improving our services. Therefore we apologize for causing any irritation or inconvenience. I assure you that there was no intention from my team to disappoint you by letting you wait for your lost bag. The more I am glad that it was finally found and I hope that this obstacle will not deter you from visiting our hotel once more. I would be happy to welcoming you as a guest at the Waldorf Astoria Berlin again to provide you with the luxury of our services and facilities. Besides the unpleasantness of the missing shopping bag, I hope that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 March 2014

It was my wife's birthday and I didn't know where to go,so I decided on Berlin and the Waldorf Hotel,I am so pleased I did ,because you could not ask for anything more from a hotel.It is first class and we have decided what ever country we visit in the future ,if it has a Waldorf thats the one for us they are great and very professional.

Room Tip: the 15th floor overlooking the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gregor A, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this review, 27 November 2014
All the best from Berlin to Dublin! What a great posting about our beautiful property! We are delighted to inform you that we just won the Word Travel Award 2014 for the best Leading Hotel in Germany and for the best Suite and in April for the best Luxury hotel Spa! Please come back very soon to fantastic Berlin!
New York
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have just returned home from a brief business trip into Berlin. I was booked into the Waldorf Astoria as it was near where my business would be taking place. This hotel was the perfect location for early morning sightseeing, walking/jogging and public transportation pick-up. Also, the staff was absolutely fantastic and was attentive to every need (directions, food suggestions and general inquiries into my stay). I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee during an afternoon break up in the 15th floor Library. The views are breathtaking with miles and miles of Berlin landmarks. I took advantage of room service (the Salmon Filet was wonderful!), one in-house restaurant and the "hang your sign on your door before bed" breakfast delivery before leaving for the airport. The food was prepared perfectly and delicious each time.

Finally, the room was spacious, extremely clean with the most modern conveniences.

There is no question or doubt in my mind that I will return to the Waldorf Astoria, Berlin during future trips, business or leisure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingFamilyOfNYC
Gregor A, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
Wow! We are overwhelmed by reading your fantastic and very detailed description of our wonderful and exclusive property and its location.
We are delighted to inform you that we just won the Word Travel Award 2014 for the best Hotel in Germany and for the best Suite and in April for the best Spa in Germany?
As we are constantly striving for perfection, comments like yours are our best reward!
Our warmest regards from Berlin over the ocean to the Big Apple.
London, England
Reviewed 4 March 2014

What a wonderful hotel this is! We have been in Berlin many times and this is the nicest hotel we ever stayed at: beautiful and modern decor, very friendly service, large and comfortable rooms, great food and very nice cafe with yummy cakes, and very centrally located. U-Bahn station "Zoo" is just a few metres away. A really stylish and relaxing oasis in the middle of Berlin. Kurfuerstendamm ist just around the corner. Only downside is that the wifi is chargeable.

We will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Quaxie
Gregor A, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this review, 5 December 2014
I wish to thank you wholeheartedly for your passionate description about our beautiful and elegant property and I will forward your compliments very proudly to my staff. We would like to inform you that our guests have free Internet access in the Peacock Alley/ Lobby, in our exclusive library on the 15th floor and in our business centre and via tv screen which is in each room. Internet on devices is free for our frequent guests and for HHonour Gold & Diamond members. We are already looking forwardto welcoming you very soon again.