Waldorf Astoria Berlin
US$157
US$132
US$126
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

US$105
US$179
US$175
Cancelon
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

1,688 results
All reviewslang barguerlain spaapple tvles solistestv in the mirrorsalvatore ferragamolibrary loungetower suitebeautiful hoteldiamond memberthe kaiser wilhelm memorial churchluxury hotelconcierge teambahnhof zooturn down servicecorner roomhigh floor
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a Gold or Diamond Member of Hilton Honors we received a free Continental breakfast in the guest room rate for up to two people in the ROCA Restaurant each day. A Continental Breakfast in the US does not mean much – at the Waldorf Astoria Berlin it means magnificence! (I took some photos and added them) – What makes it so good is that it included sliced meats, sliced cheeses, lettuce, avocado, sliced papaya, a bowl of cut mango with pomegranate seeds, yogurt with pistachios, FRESH SQUEEZED juices, freshly made mini-smoothies, gluten AND gluten-free bread options plus coffee/tea (that even included a macchiato!) By the time we finished our continental breakfast we were stuffed and usually skipped lunch. The service staff spoke English very well – with special thanks to Eliana. There were two types of continental so we varied it each day.
(Minor drawback for the restaurant: The chairs should have some padding as every time someone got up their chair scrapped loudly on the hard flooring.)
As you can see from the guest room images, the rooms are nicely appointed. There is an in-room safe, in-room single cup coffeemaker, stocked refrigerator (that has room for some extra storage if you want to throw in an extra water bottle or two), plush bed and bedding, floor to ceiling windows and draperies, loaner umbrella, robes. Waldforf has turndown service at night. The TV had 3 English news station – BBC, CNN and MSNBC. (minor drawbacks: We had frustrating trouble getting the TV to turn on/off – no problems changing channels, though. We are used to American Hotels with ice-chests – slightly disappointed when Housekeeping could only bring us a champagne bucket without a lid, but it is Europe afterall!)
A few special notes about the marble bathroom: not only was the bathroom beautifully styled, the bathroom had a TV in the mirror that could be watched while in the tub. The marble floors were heated. The shower had two options for shower heads. Strongly scented soaps and shampoos.
The Front Desk seemed to always be very well staffed and friendly. Thank you to Sarah at the Front Desk!

Stayed: May 2018
Gregor A, Geschäftsführer at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

The entire team of the Waldorf Astoria Berlin would like to thank you wholeheartedly for the tremendous review you wrote about your recent stay. The success of the Waldorf Astoria Berlin is not only due to fantastic interior or location, but the amazing staffs as well, as the team members make every visit extra special. We truly think that our renowned True Waldorf Service make our guests’ stay even more memorable. The luxurious, comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms with modern technology are also important parts of the experience and we always look for new options that may improve them. We send you all the very best to the eight- largest city of the USA accompanied from our wish to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Booked room "King Delux with View". While booking the hotel the pictures which hotel has uploaded were not true and deceiving. The room category I booked the pictures were showing the view of the church with bathroom tub facing it, that was the reason to book the room which is eastside facing. To my surprise, when i reached the reception the receptionist "Tatjana Shorling" talks me into having a west side room which is suppose to be equally exciting according to her. Upon going to that room 1109, i see construction site from my room, i come down with my luggage complaining that this is not the room i booked, I show her my booking pictures of my room category. She says, these pictures are from our junior suite bathroom, and you have booked King Delux with VIEW, so the view could be anything and these are just some random pictures uploaded for the room category you have booked. So I was like "Wow, waldorf astoria does that, so far the room category from any other hotels i book online, i always get the same or similar, not completely opposite of what is shown to me as a customer" My argument was: So that means your marketing department has uploaded the pictures of Junior suite bathroom view to the church only to deceive customers booking the room and then you give them a view of noisy constructions site west side room claiming this is what you will get as a VIEW which is mentioned in your booking. I asked well if the view of the west side construction site is so exciting, why don't your marketing team uploads the pictures of that view and let the customers book the room anyway. Why this making a fool out of customers and lying to them. To my surprise, they did have the room with east church facing which Later she supposedly pretending to do me a favour gives me room, 1303 (Which is still not the one I had originally booked) had finally the west side church view. It was around 9pm check-in and having the room available with church facing, but not giving it to me and talking me into taking a room with an inferior view was very mean and unfriendly of her and its absolutely unfair trade practice to show something else online and give something else.

Later that evening around midnight passing through the reception, I asked "Mr.Joshua Beckel" on the reception "What time is the breakfast from tomorrow morning" His reply "Its from 6:30am to 10:30pm, but it depends if its included in your room tariff or not". I have never heard a remark like this before after 25 years of my travelling. According to me while checking in, the receptionist, does ask you "your room doesn't include a breakfast would you like to add it? or the host at breakfast room informs you after asking your room number, that sir your room doesn't include breakfast and this will be additional charges. These are the two people you expect to get this information from generally, but asking just for the timing of the breakfast and the guy replies "It depends if it's included in your room tariff or not" is purely racial based. He wouldn't dare say that to some rich European guy wearing suit and Rolex on, walking around. I was very upset, and wanted to talk to the manager, who refused to meet and then i was sent the business development head Mr Sean Woods to listen to my complaint, and all he did was bragging about "We are Waldorf Astoria" "If you have been traveling for so long, you should know germans talk like this, this how they talk" blah blah blah. I told him, I am sorry but I do not agree with you, I have been to cheaper hotels than yours and I have been coming to Germany for 25 years for business, and never experienced this kind of biased treatment and judgemental remarks from the hotel staff, that it is the reason it's coming as a shock to me. Because my impression of Germans has been always straightforward yet friendly to their guests. Finally, next day i have moved the room which I was originally shown the pictures of online and which i had booked, but after all this talking and hassle. Staff at concierge, bell boy, breakfast room were very friendly. I would have checked out of this hotel for sure next day, if i hadn't set up all my clients meetings in this hotel already.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms Westside. Eastside has much better views.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Unfortunately our Third Party through which you booked your room mixed up the photos and categories. We already have informed them about the error and they are going to amend it in the coming days. We are very happy that we could move you on the next day to the desired room providing you with a double upgrade. We never had the intention to mislead our clients as you suggest in your review. Please be informed that we obviously cannot insert our information on Third Parties Websites. We only provide them with the pictures and the description of the rooms. Regarding your other comments we have to say that we felt more than concerned: First of all we guarantee that no staff member in the Waldorf Astoria Berlin has a racist view. As we are a Luxury hotel, belonging to a worldwide chain, we are empowered by our colleagues and guests diversity and an open minded mentality is one of our main criteria and one of the key values we identify when hiring team members. We understand that you are upset with some aspects of your stay but we always hope that they can always be relied back to us in a calm and constructive manner. What Mr. Wood tried to explain you is that Mr. Beckel only answered strictly your question, because we have two options for breakfast. If it is included in the room rate we serve it in our Breakfast room on the first floor. If the breakfast is not included you have also the option to enjoy it in the ROCA. Therefore our meal period varies per outlet.Best regards from amazing and sunny Berlin.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We stayed at the magnificent King Grand Tower Suite - one of the nicest suites I've ever stayed at! It is incredibly spacious (120 m2) with killer views of the city including from its own terrace on the 23-25th floors. Floor to ceiling windows add to this penthouse feel with a luxurious finish across the board. The service was outstanding from the front desk, doormen, to housekeeping. The location was excellent and there was always a cab waiting if you needed it. We enjoyed our lunch at the restaurant, and our only disappointment was room service where the quality of the food was disappointing. Stay here and get this suite!

Room Tip: King Grand Tower Suite
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Gregor A, Geschäftsführer at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

What a marvelous review from Scottsdale. Home to more than 125 professional art galleries and studios and one of the highest per-capita anywhere in the U.S. Seems that citizens from there understand about art & decor. Thank you very much for recommending us so highly. The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

This hotel is a dream. Impressive location, fabulous rooms, first quality service, everything that a client can expect from such a property - they have it. Their restaurant is impeccable. Congratulations to all the staff!! Well done guys!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Gregor A, Geschäftsführer at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

"Well done guys" is an exclamation which makes us smile from cheek to cheek! Thank you very much for your praising review. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

This is a great hotel in Berlin.
Here are questions that we had before booking and my answers after four nights at the Waldorf Astoria (WA):

1. Five star? Yes
2. Type of hotel? I incorrectly thought the WA was an old building - redone as a hotel; I was wrong. It is a beautiful new building built as a hotel. New. Modern. Lovely. It opened in January 2013.
3. Rooms? We were in #1517 - top floor - and loved the views. The rooms are whisper quiet, at least ours was. They have double glass windows that can be opened slightly, if desired.
4 Service? The guys/gals went out of their way to help. In fact, the concierge knew our names after one day. Front entrance folks were amazing with bags, cabs.
5. Lobby and entrance? It has a "wow' factor.
6. AC? You can set and adjust the AC to as cold as you wish. AC fan is adjustable, too. This is an issue in some older "redone" hotels in Europe.
7. Location? Perfect. In the district of Charlottenburg. Near the zoo, across from Bikini Berlin mall and so on. Near many restaurants. Favorite: dudu31.
8. Stay here again? Yes. I think this is Berlin's best hotel. I could not imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: 1517 is good, n ice views, quiet - any on 15th or top floor
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Gregor A, Geschäftsführer at Waldorf Astoria Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Gorgeous! Thank you very much for your praising words about your recent stay. We feel overwhelmed by receiving your lovely recognition of our True Waldorf Service! We passionately dedicate ourselves to delivering an once-in-a-lifetime service experience- without fail and we try our best to excel at anticipating guest needs, delivering an individual and personal experience. The team will be thrilled to read your kind words! Please keep your promise and visit us in a not too distant future! Sunny regards from Berlin to the Queen City of the Gulf.