Citadines Kurfuerstendamm Berlin
  • Pool
US$97
US$91
  • Room Service
All reviewssmall kitchenapartment hoteldrying rackself contained apartmentwashing up liquidadenauer platzmicrowave ovenown mealsbreakfast areafree tea and coffeeshopping streetlaundry roomtegel airporthome away from homedesigner shopsclean towelsreasonable size
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This is a good budget hotel. Great that it had a kitchen and a laundry to keep costs down. This is located out of the city but if you are confident with public transport you can get around easily. The rooms are cleaned weekly however it would be nice in rubbish was emptied a bit more frequently. Overall a good stay

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank deirdjames
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Excellent choice for apartment-like accomodation in the slightly "uncool" traditional center of western Berlin. Got an excellent rate on the hotel's site and not sure what I would get. Very welcoming reception assigned me a nice small efficiency with a double bed, kitchenette and small eating area. Well designed and laid out. Clean well outfitted bathroom. Wired internet access (free). I wanted to do selff cater while I was there which was easy with the supermarket across the street. Although many of the city's attractions are far afield, got a transport pass and easily accessed the subway just a block away. The Ku-Damm and Savigny Platz area is loaded with acfes, bars and restaurants although this is no longer tourist central nor does it have the trendy cache of "Mitte" or the older gentrifying neigborhoods in eastern Berlin. For me and ideal place to stay in Berlin in a great location.

Room Tip: The basic efficiencies are a bit small, so take the next higher level of room if there are two and you are claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank UKbanker33
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This place was perfect for our 5 day stay in Berlin. I got a very good room rate from their website (which of course I cross-checked with all the usual hotel websites and it still came out cheapest). Our room (304) was clean, bright and spacious with a nice little kitchenette, big flat screen TV, free internet access, nice big bath (essential after a day's sightseeing), VERY comfy beds and an i-pod docking station for music. The breakfasts were good and were included in our room rate. The location is great - about 100 yards from Ku'damm, with shops, buses, U and S bahn stations all close by. There are literally hundreds of places to eat and drink nearby too. The difficult bit is choosing which to go to. There is a supermarket across the road if you want to "eat in". We are regular visitors to Berlin but this is the first time we have stayed at Citadines. We will definitely use it for our next visit.

Room Tip: Club rooms are on the quieter side of the building and the room rate includes breakfast.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMLMTS
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I recently booked for two days with expedia and extended another day while being there.

Room are simple with high speed internet (beware! ethernet cable only, no wifi. I actually had to buy a wifi router to share it with my device)

The bed of my room wasn't that great (was actually good for a couch-bed). Service was good. The room was simple and clean and well optimized. The kitchen was obviously very small but functional.

The location of the hotel is also fine, it's near a subway station and you can buy groceries in front of the hotel (Kaiser's).

One last thing, they have a kind of electronic system to close the room electricity's when your not in it. They tell you to put your keycard in it. Unfortunately, that mean you can't charge your electronics while not being in the room. HOWEVER! I figured that you can put any card half-way in and it works (unfortunately, I only found out about this the last day).

Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Karl D
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My 15 year old daughter and I stayed in a studio apartment here for the weekend. It is a simple but very clean complex and you have everything you need. We had two single beds which were very comfortable. The kitchenette was fully equipped but small, although we didn't use it at all. We were very confused about how to get around but on the 2nd day took a City tour Bus, which goes round in a loop and you can get on and off as you please. It cost 20 euros which was a bargain. We loved Berlin and would certainly return to citadines as a Family but would book an apartment next time for more room. The internet access was useful. We found a beautiful Italian Restaurant called Bernards, which was very reasonably priced and had the best Pizza I have ever had ! Tis was located at Walter Benjamin Platz very close to the apartment.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family