“Enjoyed Our Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed Our Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed at The Mandala for 3 nights at the end of our vacation. Nice hotel, though a little annoyed that we paid extra for a room with a balcony only to find that it faced a construction site next door. Also a little annoyed that the hotel did not have free wi-fi. The rooms were nice, though. Comfortable, spacious, nice bed, very large bathrooms. Location was in Potsdamerplatz, directly adjacent to the Sony Center, convenient to the U-Bahn (U-2 line) and easy 10-15 minute walking distance to the Brandenburg Gates and the Unter Den Liden.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

Stayed here four years ago and I've been in many hotels around the world since, but my wife and I still recall it as one of the most elegant hotels we've stayed in. Location is excellent, room is marvelous, and rates were reasonable.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

We went to this hotel for our short honeymoon on January. The city was frozen so we got to spend a lot of time in the hotel and our choice of the hotel couldn't be better!
We stayed at the management suite. The suite was huge (50 square meters). When comparing to other hotels suite on the same price, this is the largest room available (others were 33 Square meters for the same price...).
The suite had a very large bathroom and separate area for a living room. Also a kitchenette and dressing room...
The design is very modern and still warm.
We enjoyed our stay and recommend it to everyone.
You can take a look at the photos I took there

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mshirit
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

The Mandala deserves the rave reviews it receives here and I'd like to commend the staff for their care, efficiency and excellent service.

The hotel in on Potsdamer Platz with a small alcove which helps in unloading the car. Friendly, efficient check in that clarified there would be a 30 Euro charge per night for the dog which had already been explained on booking. Rate included breakfast and use of spa facilities. The rates are very good for the service and quality of the hotel.

If you wish to stay with a dog, then only the Executive Suite is an option. And what a great option it is. Very large 60 sqm studio with seperate lounge/eating are and small kitchenette. King bed which was a tad too firm and soft pillows. I guess the only real gripe i had was that the pillows were too soft - so clearly there were not many issues during our stay!

Good breakfasts and you need only ask for eggs although there is no menu as such. Good selection of fresh juices, fruits and other European breakfast goodies.

Valet parking was good. Reasonable rate and we either walked or took cheap taxis during the stay as you are so close to everything. Ka De We is within 10 minutes and you should go and have a seafood lunch there as the quality is first rate (plus a nice glass of bubbles to help the meal along). Good room service and funky bar. Mini bar rates are also very reasonable.

Some other pluses, free laundry room on 3 floors and a good gym.

All in all, an excellent choice and hopefully we shall be back for another long weekend soon ;)

2 Thank JoJoZep1970
Atlanta, GA, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

After a little trouble finding the place in my rental car at 10 pm on Thursday night, I was shocked by the friendliness of the staff. I had called the front desk because the navigational system told me I had arrived but I couldn't see the entrance, so the front desk person came running down the sidewalk to find and guide me, unloaded (despite my obscene volumes of luggage), then valet-parked my rental car. I was really tired, but the staff were extremely friendly, helpful, upbeat, succeeded in getting me to laugh and smile and cheer up after a nasty 700 Km drive... The best was yet to come: the room. To be honest, I'd never seen a room quite like this one, bedroom, living room / study, kitchen / dining room, two bathrooms, entrance hallway, wrap-around balcony including nice views of their rooftop bamboo garden, the whole thing in extremely tasteful blond wood tones.... I feel like I'm writing for an architectural magazine, but it's true. I paid about EUR 250 for the room (may be expensive if you're on a personal vacation), but right in the center of sold-out (owing to a convention) Berlin and desperate for a hotel room on a business trip, it really was a bargain, 1/3 the price being charged by similar class hotels at the time. Business services I need all worked flawlessly: unloading and valet-parking the car, efficient checkin/checkout, wakeup call, room service breakfast, internet access, send/receive faxes, printing e-mails and document attachments and then sending them up to my room, it was great. Personally, I'd seriously consider staying here on a family vacation as well, though, because the room had so much space, at least 4 separate rooms, a full kitchen with stove, large eating-alcove with table for 4, refrigerator. The only possible drawback was that the bar was tiny, no pool, cramped common areas, but personally I ate room service breakfast to save time and spent all my time in the room, either sleeping or working against a deadline. Location also is not ideal I think as it's in an extremely modern, sterile, new-construction development on the Alexanderplatz, but I guess you can't have it all and it's an EUR 5 cab ride from the Unter den Linden. All in all, I spend about 3 months a year living in hotels and have becomem pretty picky and I'd really give this one a huge thumbs up: great price / value proposition for the room, and very friendly and efficient staff. Stay here and avoid the over-priced chains!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GeorgiaJoe
washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

The Mandala is an elegant hotel right in the middle of everything - literally a couple of blocks from the Tiergarten, museums, restaurants, and all kinds of transit. It's very walkable to Brandenburg Gate and the Museuminsel. Everyone at the hotel was friendly, helpful and nice. Rooms are clean, modern and nicely furnished. We'd highly recommend this and would go back in a second.

1 Thank m165
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

What a beautiful place! My husband and I arrived around 6am after a long, overnight train ride. We were so happy to hear that our room was ready because we desperately needed a rest! The executive suite was huge. Plenty of room to spread out and relax and the bathroom was just superb! I especially loved the deep tub and towel warmer. Sleeping here is easy, as the windows block out all of the street noise - even the minor construction happening across the street from our side of the building. My only complaint is that we would have liked to have our room a little cooler than 20 deg C (it felt warmer), but were unable to drop the thermostat lower.

We enjoyed the spa on the top floor every afternoon when we returned from sight seeing. Having a sauna and using the foot reflexology path, followed by naps in the super comfortable loungers with beautiful floor to ceiling views of the city was the perfect way to relax before dinner.

One thing we were very surprised with was the quality of the food in the lounge. We had big plans to explore the city and try lots of different restaurants, but we ended up eating dinner at the hotel lounge twice because it was so good. I believe they share a kitchen with the restaurant on the 5th floor, Facil. The first night we had the truffle spaghetti and asparagus soup. It was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had. Fresh spaghetti and a truffle cream sauce that wasn't too heavy with cream or heady with truffles. Perfect! The soup was served with smoked salmon and was out of this world. The second night we had the nicoise salad and the gnocci and were equally impressed.

1 Thank smeeshu