“Great value Hotel.”

Ranked #54 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Great value Hotel.”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This brand new hotel less than 30 seconds from the Berlin underground is excellent value. A modern style deco with a great room made it perfect for 5 days of exploring this great city. The manager was beyond helpful, she spent over 1 hour helping me with a new mobile sim card (don’t pay roaming charges). I can recommend this as the best hotel in a city centre at this prise level. We had a great time and felt well looked after in a very excellent hotel, thanks guys for a great stay.

Room Tip: just accross the main rd, there is a very nice cheap resterant, wood berning pizza stove, its just o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Hotel Mani in Berlin was recommended to me highly, and I was surprised that it was only 69 Euros. I arrived and had to stand at the desk a very long time while the Receptionist finished a call. That would have been fine but she didn't even acknowledge me for the longest time.

I won't go into specific details about the hotel other than the fact that, if all you care about is feeling like you're in a black and white, stark, design hotel for mini people, then you'll love it. Otherwise, forget about this place! I am so annoyed! They didn't bother to tell us on the internet, or when we made the reservation, that they are under serious construction, men and equipment and the whole nine yards. It was too late and too cold to switch hotels (I'm surprised that Booking.com, the best service of its kind around, gave it such raves). I could only get a room on the 2nd floor because of the construction. And then, when it got really cold outside and I went downstairs to inquire about having food and hot tea brought up to my room, the Receptionist said sorry, we've only got room service 3 days a week because of the construction! HELLO?! I was never told they were under construction or that there would be no room service when I was there. Unbelievably, she told me I could get a warm drink in a MACHINE in the hotel. I let her know how I felt about that, so she helped me tiptoe and tread my way past construction guys and wires, to a hot water machine, where I poured myself some hot water, grabbed a tea bag and came back to my room. BAD BAD BAD STUPID WAY TO DO BUSINESS AS A HOTEL! And thank goodness my husband wasn't with me or we would have been cramped like sardines in this miniscule, stark black and white, checkered hip hotel room!

Room Tip: I guess you have to ask first if construction is going on
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business