“Excellent stay for the family”

Ranked #82 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Beirut
“Excellent stay for the family”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast, great location, friendly staff - this is a great family hotel. Within walking distance of the Berliner Dom and museums. Would definitely recommend. 5 minute walk from the subway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Novotel Berlin ... A, General Manager at Novotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Berlin Mitte. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to get the possibility of welcoming you again.

Novotel Berlin Mitte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Braunschweig, Germany
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed as a 2+2 Family for several days at this hotel and we were positively surprised. The family room we got was well suited for our needs, and the whole staff was friendly and professional. The hotel is nicely situated five minutes on foot from the Nikolaivirtel, and ten minutes from Alexanderplatz. This gave as the perfect "roaming" base for the whole Berlin, and still allowed us to find a nice restaurant in the evening within walking distance from our room. The breakfast seems expensive, but considering that children eat for free, the price is ok for Berlin.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your stay at our Novotel Berlin Mitte. We really appreciate your positive words.

We are very glad to read, that the whole family enjoyed the stay in our hotel and that our service met your expectations. I will of course share your comments with my colleagues and I am sure they will be very happy about them.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope to have the possibility of welcoming you again in Berlin.

Kind regards,

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

For our first visit to Berlin we were very impressed with this hotel for the service and quality and range of the breakfast offered. Very clean rooms and shower rooms. Free use of room safe. Free wifi which worked good in our room on 6th floor. Great location for museum island. Only appeared to be one English TV Chanel and that was the news - not that it bothered us but as seen as a family friendly hotel if you have young children it might be good to have an English Disney Chanel. There is a supermarket located behind the hotel which was handy to get the odd nibble for your room rather than use hotel expensive as they are mini bar! Didn't have a car but walked into Mitte area which is a 10 min walk, no problem. Bus M48 from Alexandra Platz stops virtually outside but on opposite side of road. Would highly recommend this hotel and we would return when visiting Berlin again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor. 3 lifts in service so no problem. Noise free from road traffic with windows...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Figgysocks,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just returned from a six night stay in Berlin. We stayed at Novotel Berlin Mitte. The hotel was clean and the staff were professional and polite. What made our stay at the hotel memorable was the festive buffet every morning.Fab, fab breakfast with plenty to choose from!
The hotel was near all beautiful places we planned to visit. Alexandreplatz was not far making it so convenient.We booked our holiday via British Airways and the price was really good.
Landed at Tegel airport late at night. It was our first trip to Berlin. Taxis kept coming every other second so we were able to quickly get the one we wanted.The trip was less than 30 minutes and we only paid 25 Euros.Visited Museum Island which was breathtaking and quite a few other places.There was a small supermarket at the back of the hotel which I think is a bonus for families with children (all goodies for the little ones cheaply priced).
All in all it was such a beautiful experience and my children want to go back again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the third floor and it was quiet.
Green Features: Fantastic hosts and very professional.Value for money family friendly. Fit for gym lovers. Very good location.
1 Thank Londoner20142014
Novotel Berlin ... A, General Manager at Novotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Londoner20142014,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is nice to see, that we enabled you to spend an enjoyable and entertaining stay. We hope to see you soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I usually give fairly good reviews and takes a bit for me to rank down a hotel.

The location of the hotel is good and very walkable to sights like the TV tower and Musuem Island. Close by are transport links like u-bahn and s-bahn.

At check in it was done in a German efficient way and and it was fine. I got my room which I had booked as a standard double room with sofa however when I walked in it was a king single room. It seemed small but not proportioned well as the bathroom was about the same size as the room. It had an open wet area with shower and toilet on one end and basin on the other.

My friends (who are a couple) checked in the next day and had paid the same as me got a double bedded room with sofa. I then went down to reception to understand why I didn't get what I had paid for. I spoke to Carolin who said I had booked a king single. I had not I explained with the confirmation in my hand. She then went on to explain that they had to accommodate families in and couldn't put them in smaller rooms. I could understand that however they shouldn't confirm the bigger room if they are going to take more bookings to fill the bigger rooms. I got slightly more annoyed when she mentioned I had gotten a good rate (which I then explained to her was the same rate as my friends paid). She then offered me a token of free minibar for my stay.

As a single traveller I have no faith that when they are full they will not do a bait and switch on you and give you a smaller room then what you had confirmed. I would not usually rant about this but I thought it was the principle of it. I guess this is a family orientated hotel which is why scores would be so high. If I just received what I had paid for I would have given 5. If I had not seen my friends' room I may have given 4. Just the fact no one confirmed my room to me at check-in (it was a man that checked me in) has me giving service a 2 drags down my otherwise pleasant experience here.

Overall a nice hotel but the fact single travellers paying the same amount as couples or families may get inferior rooms is a definite black mark for me.

Room Tip: If you get a room ending in 12 you may have a king single room with a bathroom not in proportion as...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank rc33
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a child-friendly hotel. I really appreciate the fact that they had child buggies that could be rented out for free for the day. It is also very close to public transportation. The breakfast was such a feast!

I only wish that they had wash cloths available in the hotel room. Also, we had to put up a bit of a fuss over the transportation tickets that were supposed to be given to us. In the end, everything worked out.

Room Tip: Provide more hot chocolate in room when children are there.
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Novotel Berlin ... A, General Manager at Novotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Sophia S,

The idea with the washrag is very good.
Thank you!

Aachen, Germany
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Services and breakfast are very good. The hotel is located in an area near of supermarket, restaurants, sightseeings, and souvenirs shops. I recommend. I just think the parking could be free for guests.

Room Tip: The sofa be wasn't so comfortable, but in general way the room is very good.
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels