“Great hotel, great value..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Swissotel Berlin
Ranked #33 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oslo, Norway
“Great hotel, great value..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is a great hotel, the staff is friendly and and know the area. The hotel has a great large suite, all is new and clean. I do not have anything bad to say about my stay here, maybe only that I have to leave so soon...

Room Tip: We had the suite, and its great and large,,
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sjiraffen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

What a great hotel. The Swissotel in Berlin is situated in a great part of the city. It is well serviced by public transport (buses and trains - U and S Bahn) and it is very easy to get to the property from the airport (bus). My room was large, quiet and very comfortable with a very clean bathroom. Breakfast is terrific. The staff really made this hotel for me. They could not have been more helpful as I asked for advice on everything from tickets, public transport, shopping hours, tourist attractions, restaurant recommendations, the correct pronunciation of locations/names/phrases, and even Soccer! Thank you for your help and patience!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelFB
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Very good 5 star hotel. However I cannot believe that in this day and age some hotels (including swissotel) still charge extra for WiFi. It's absolutely a must for any Business Traveler.
Even McDonalds and Starbucks has free WiFi.
For my last few trips I always chose a 5 Star Hotel with the lowest cost that includes WiFi.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Hans F
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Swissotel Berlin is really stylish. Situated on a corner near one of the busiest shopping areas in Berlin, it's rooms feature panoramic views of the skyline. From the airport, it is easily and quickly accessible by bus (just take the one going to the zoo). From the train station, it is only a few stops away on the S-Bahn.

The glass elevators and floor to ceiling walls in many areas give the whole hotel an open, well-lit appearance.

The hotel is close to both the Zoo and Kurfurstendamm U Bahn/S Bahn stops, which connect guests to many of the sites throughout the city. We found the public transit incredibly intuitive and being located so close to it was a huge boon.

When we checked in, we were pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade since the hotel staff had heard that we were on our honeymoon. A gentleman at the reception desk gave us a brief tour of the site and then walked us to the elevator. When we reached our room, we were again treated to a surprise of fresh flowers, chocolates, and fruit along with a note congratulating us on our marriage.

The room was furnished simply, but was open, clean and bright. We had more than enough room to spread out and relax in the evenings following days of wandering the exciting city.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and was served in the hotel's beautiful, bright restaurant each morning. The small buffet featured fresh fruits, meats and cheeses, yogurt, pastries and breads, cereals, and hot breakfast staples like eggs, bacon, potatoes and sausage. The homemade applesauce was outrageously good and the pastries were always warm and fresh. They also had a selection of fresh juices, dairy and non-dairy milks, coffee, teas, and still and sparkling water.

This is an excellent hotel, and I would highly recommend it to travelers looking for a special place to stay that's in a fun, upbeat, bustling urban area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Ku'Damm on a higher floor. It's a pretty spectacular view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bananafish711
Roseville, California

Nice size room.
Short walk to S and U-Bahn with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby.
Great hotel, clean rooms, great staff, convenient location.
How about adding free WiFi?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frankb357
Bellinzona, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was my second trip to Berlin and I couldn't have choosen a better hotel. From the beginning to the end the staff offered a first class service.

The Room was nice, clean and offered a nice view over Ku-Damm, the location is great for business and for visiting the city too. The U-Bahn is across the street and you have every shop and restaurant you should desire within walking distance.

During my stay I unfortunately developed a bad penicillin allergy, but thanks to the concierge and the hotel I had two doctors visiting me in two separate days (in a matter of hours from my requests). The staff also bought and delivered to my room the drugs I needed.
I really couldn't thank them enough for the services they provided.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Full marks. From the moment I booked to the moment I left the hotel staff couldnt do enough for me. The staff were always willing to provide recommendations, book restaurants, give directions etc.

Central location a short stroll from both shops and major transport hubs. Just a short taxi ride from the airport. Perfect for a weekend trip.

The rooms were large, spacious and well equipped and spotless. I would swear we were the first people in our room.

We were on the 7th floor and although we didnt have a great view it was fine. There is a small gym with modern cardio equipment no free weights but a few weights machines.

There was fresh fruit at the check in desk and jugs of water - a nice touch. It was my birthday when I was there and the staff left a delicious and huge birthday cake in our room with a card signed by hand by all the staff. The cocktails in the bar are a must!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends