Swissotel Berlin
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3,151 results
All reviewsswiss hotelnespresso machinegreat hotelpillow menuzoo stationshopping districtdepartment storefive star hotelaround the cornerzoologischer gartenjunior suiteexcellent locationbusiness hotelthree nightsbreakfast was excellentmodern hotelpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Great hotel in a great location. An easy walk to all that the Ku'damm area has to offer. Shopping, restaurants, the zoological gardens, and an easy train or bike ride to anywhere in the city. It takes a short elevator ride up one level to the lobby from the entrance, which seems slightly odd, but the hotel is well appointed, the accomodations first rate, and the food is very good. I also really like the tray of munchies they give you at the lobby bar. : )

Room Tip: There is an open area between the Europa Center and the old church, which sometimes has loud, live music playing on the weekends. Something to keep in mind if you're the type to open the windows and take a nap or do some reading in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BBmyself
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at the Swissotel in Berlin for my thirtieth birthday and I can't recommend it highly enough. It enjoys an excellent location (both in itself and for transport links), and was modern and spotlessly clean, in the public areas and in our bedroom.

Our room was very good value as we booked well in advance and were able to take advantage of a deal on the hotel website; however, the rate did not include breakfast and we decided to forgo this as the prices seemed a little steep. We did, however, have lunch in the hotel on the day we arrived, and this was very reasonably priced, and we had a birthday dinner in the hotel restaurant (Restaurant 44). This was expensive, but the food was magnificent and the service was attentive and very friendly.

In fact, what marked this hotel out from other high-end spots we have visited was the standard of service; every single employee with no exception was friendly, courteous and able to solve every request quickly and efficiently.

(And the Nespresso machine in the room, with its complimentary capsules, is a delightful bonus!)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hispanisto
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Perfect Service, Well Equipment in Room.Kind Personel.I stay with my wife ın Aprıl 2012 for four days.Everything was perfect.Especially there is a lot of restaurant near hotel for dinner.Close for public transportation and subway.We stayed bed and breakfast.I advice that breakfast was marvelous.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ecm66
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Swissotel exceeded my expectations with regards to comfort and service levels. Both the doormen and receptionists remembered my name, even though the hotel was fully booked (600+ guests).
I feel that the breakfast was the only thing that wasn't over the top, but it was still good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Proffnerd
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We spent a charming and luxurious three nights at Swissotel Berlin in August 2012. It is situated bang in the middle of Kurfurstendamm, the marquee shopping district of the German capital which makes it a truly premium setting. At the very outset we got lucky with a major upgrade as we were celebrating our anniversary in the hotel and were treated to a super-luxury deluxe room. It was truly a suite with a mammoth bed, a separate living area, work station and an ante-room for luggage and belongings. Considering we paid 89 euros a night for two through a special prepaid internet rate, this must be the best value I have ever had in my life! Among the trappings of the room were a nespresso machine, a state-of-art music system and really high-class wooden furniture.
However, in spite of all this luxury, what really stood out was the warm and friendly service! There was a rare Asian warmth in the interactions with EVERY staff member which has obviously been perfected with Swiss precision. The check-in experience was the warmest that I have ever experienced. I must also mention the personal letter sent by the front office congratulating us on our anniversary, which was truly touching.
To add to the joys was the close proximity to the metro, the HOHO bus, shopping centres and of course, every possible restaurant and pub. Most notable of which is the German Biersalon right opposite and a great Chinese joint just five minutes away.
In short, if it's Berlin, it must be Swissotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple