“Nice hotel in quiet area”

Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz
Ranked #70 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in a classic room which, although rather small, was nice and big enough for 1 or 2 guests (windows can be opened). I found the mattress too hard and had preferred a cover with feathers (pillow is there) but that is a matter of personal taste. Chic bathroom; unfortunately my wish to reuse the bath towels was not respected even once. The breakfast was on the expensive side for what was offered (EUR 19) but you get a better rate when booking it online together with the room. The staff in the restaurant could do with a bit more training; i got a coffee pot only after walking up to one of the waiters and it was taken again from the table while i went to get a piece of bread. All in all however, a nice hotel with a good price/value ratio and location (less than a 10 minute walk to Potsdamer Platz, less than 20 to Checkpoint Charlie/Friederichstrasse) in authentic Berlin surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Miss mapalux,

First, I want to thank you for your review, which I read with great interest!

It was with great regret that I read about the issue with the towels and the situation in the restaurant. I will take your remarks to once again conduct trainings, so that we will avoid these kind of mistakes in the future.

My team and I hope to welcome you back as our guests soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed three nights here as a base for Berlin site seeing. Rooms and decor to very high standard. The location is a bit tucked away, but you can walk to interesting places and taxis were always available. Staff were friendly. I can't give it 5 stars because neither of the two wifi networks fully worked on my PC or my iPhone which made organising the days difficult. However, the concierge was helpful and enabled me to book the Reichstag rooftop restaurant (highly recommended by the way) which requires some online form filling.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr. SimonBJ,

I would like to thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com and sharing your words of praise with us!

It was great to hear that you had a pleasant stay and felt comfortable in our premises.

I regret that the wifi networks did not function properly and I will forward this to our Engineering Department.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Wyndham Grand Berlin was a quick choice hotel for a city break and it met all our expectations. The staff spoke perfect English, were extremely helpful and courteous especially the reception staff and Christian Huber, the concierge. Although the hotel is not in the centre of Berlin it is still well placed for visiting any part of the city as it is only 5 minutes walk to the bus or U-bahn station making all of the city easily accessible by public transport. All the rooms are modern, well decorated and extremely clean and comfortable - ours had a large walk-in shower. Initially we were a little concerned by the vacant land at the side of the hotel - was it a building site - however it was not and we simply asked for a room overlooking the park area opposite the front of the hotel. The hotel is used by holiday companies but we never found it too crowded or noisy, in fact the opposite. If you enjoy a buffet breakfast then make sure you have it at this hotel as the selection is enormous and constantly being refreshed so nothing is left on display too long. All in all we could not fault this hotel as the staff were so pleasant and the rooms so comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul4719
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Mr. Paul860exeter,

I greatly appreciate your pleasant review on Tripadvisor.com!

I am glad that we met your expectations and hopefully you spent relaxing days in our House and in Berlin.

It will be my pleasure to forward your kind words to my team and we hope to welcome you back as our guests soon.

Geschäftsführender Hoteldirektor

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great Room, excellent breakfast, pleasant atmosphere in the bar, Very goog location ( 5 min walking form Potsdamer Platz ). I loved every moment in this hotel.
I only had one issue but mr Wollenheit solved it exceeding my expectations.
Thank you again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Mr. Gas1276,

It has been a pleasure to read your great review!

Thank you very much for your compliments and for sharing them with us. I will be happy to forward your kind words to Mr. Wollenheit.

We would be pleased to welcome you back as our guests in the not so distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Location: not the best, but its ok, not close to the most of the sights by metro is ok

Hotel and interior: fantastic, I would even say 5 star hotel

Staff: only ok, were nice but did not give any info

Room: large, nice, lovely bathroom

Breakfast: amazing restaurant but breakfast is not more than in a normal 3-4 star hotel

Free wifi!!

Dear Mr. StarbucksFreak25,

Thank you very much for reviewing our House on Tripadvisor.com!

It was great to hear that you liked our House. Nonetheless, I regret that you did not feel well-advised by my colleagues, which I will bring forward.

I hope you had the chance to enjoy the sunny weather and we are looking forward to welcome you again soon.