“great stay!”

Ranked #456 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Limerick, Ireland
“great stay!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

clean room, very nice staff, perfect and tasty breakfast - everything at the very good price. that hotel is located on the way between Berlin city center and Tropical Island and in short distance to Schoenefeld Airport

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank enawrot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The owner is rude, the rooms are smelly, the place is not clean. Stay AWAY! it was dirty and the shower was not cleaned for ages. We asked for a cleaned room, you know - a room a cleaner has been in, but the owner came and said this is clean.
I think a pile of hairs on the bed says it all.

Room Tip: just do not book this hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josi K

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Copenhagen
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have stayed at the Hotel Atlantic, Berlin, Germany in April 2012 and found it is a good, cleaned, quite and convenient hotel. Also, the Breakfast was quite ok for guests to get going with the day. Most importantly, internet is also free for the guests in the room, so all in all it is a nice hotel with all basic facilities. Since my husband & I like the hotel and facilities in general we decided to stay at the Hotel Atlantic this March as well. The faciltiies mentioned were still existing but due to rennovation it was quite inconvenient since staff changed our room window curtains just after we checked-in, so we had to wait for a while to have shower and rest. That was also ok so we simply waited. But, what happend was after shower and bit of rest we went out for the dinner to close by restaurant and got back around 21.30hrs. and the Reception was closed, no even lights were on at the Reception. Anyway, since we were instructed how to get in after the Reception is closed using our keys we didnt bother. We were able to opened the main door, but we couldnt open our Room door from the magnetic key which was provided. After many attempts, we rang the bell of neighbouring room and a lady (German) came out to help us. She also tried, but the magnetic key didnt work. Then she called her husband, he tried didnt work. By that time we all together had wasted more than 2hrs. to try to open our room door but not succeded. That lady guest was so kind and nice, and she came with us to the Reception to find a telephone number of the staff since neither we had a German mobile nor we speaking German. Firstly found that the Reception was out of reach to any human to cross over, still my husband and that lady guest tried to climbed on the wall & on a sofa and jump that too was difficult since there is not even a chair close by. Somehow, that lady guest jumped over as she was also very angry of the mess since we being guests suffering a lot due to hotel's fault. Then found absolutely no telephone number at the Reception displayed. Only the number clearly mentioned was Hotel General Tel.No. which is ringing the reception when we tried and did not redirect to anyonen else. After combing through various stuff, finally found another telephone number, and the lady lady guest who were to help us called that number and spoke in German, since neither we had a German telephone nor we spoke German. When she called that number, the person answered said she is the wife of the hotel "owner" and will have him call us immediately. Few minutes later, he called and the German lady explained him the problem. He asked us to try again and again, so we went up again and tried again for another 1 hr (midnight passed by this time). Finally, the German lady asked him to come down to the hotel right now and help us. His reply was "I am bit away from the hotel, if I come it may take few minutes, bla..bla..." we were shocked by his answer, because he being the owner can hear that guests are in trouble in the middle of the night, cant go to the room, ibut this was his answer! Lady guest still insisted him to come immediately as we cant stay longer like this, finally and relunctantly he agreed to drive from his house! As we were so angry and tired, the German lady and her husband kick the door so hard while opening from the magnetic key. Wtih few attempts in that manner finally the room door opened! German lady was kind enough to call the owner once again and told no need to come as we managed to open, by that time we believe he was still not moved!
Next morning, we informed the incident to the Reception. Absolutely no apologies, no sympathy for us or the Germany guests who helped us, simply said "that was very srange, but we will inform the managment" Since we found no courtesy, then we requested them to offer something complimentary to the German lady & the family since they went beyond their limit to help us with their free time, their telephone and with so many telephone calls. But, we are not sure whether they did provide anything complimentary for that family? Since we had a reservation in another hotel in the center of Berlin we checked-out in the morning.
So, the lesson learned was never to stay in a hotel where there is no Reception opened 24 hrs. or else must take a telephone number to contact for any emergency!
Hope this will help for others to avoid troubles in the middle of the night!
Regards.
Jayaseeli Liyanage Christiansen
Copenhagen

Room Tip: Remember to get a telephone number of the staff to contact for any emergency in the night since the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jayaseeli
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Basic suburb hotel without a lot of facilities, but the overall quality is OK. Rooms are standard-equipped - I missed an armchair! Beds are not the best I slept in. Breakfast is typical for low-budget hotels: White bread, full-fat milk and cheese without a specific taste...
Strange, that you have to pay the bill the day before leaving. Staff couldn´t (wouldn´t?) help me finding my jacket, which I forgot in the restaurant.
Close to Schönefeld (and from 2013 Berlin-Brandenburg) Airport but the journey to city center is long, and includes a change from bus to U-bahn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I booked a room.
I phoned several hours before to tell that I'll arrive late, around 11.00 pm. No one told me nothing.
When I arrived the hotel was closed, no one was inside, no one was answering at the phone.
I had to look for another hotel in the night.
The day after they told me that they put on the side glass of the entrance door an advertisment for me about where I could found the keys.
I phoned before, they could tell me what to do in case, or send me an sms or a mail; IT are commons in modern times except in the hotel Atlantic, Berlin main town of Germany. They doesn't like to know what customers care is.
Of course I handn't my money back.

Look for another Hotel, don't lose your time here

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank meno273
West hls, CA
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Really bad experience.
Arrived directly from airport after a 20 minutes trip by bus, the receptionist that speaks German only, before saying "welcome" or anything else, asked for money. I've show my credit card and she looked at me disgusted and let me know that she will not accept my credit-card (a visa one). I've searched in my pocket for cons in my pockets (no ATM's around) and payed the woman (in my country the only payments in advance are for prostitutes). She didn't let me the chance to see my room first.
I agree with Brazilian people who described the receptionists as they did.
Walking in my room, at the first sight all was clean... until I stepped in the bathroom, where a nice cockroach was on the floor.
There was a window. Don't open it! There are two reasons not to do it:
1. if you open it, you will see the mud on the frame
2. there is barely no heating at all. Even you put the thermostat on max, you will never have more than 16 centigrade in the room.
If you need internet, don't forget to ask receptionist at the very beginning for access code, because otherwise you will need to descend again in the reception. There is no telephone in the room to call reception.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Saxony
Reviewed 27 February 2009

A clean and quiet hotel, near the Airport Berlin-Schoenefeld (10 minutes with car).
They are some cheap restaurants around the hotel and you can leave your car just in front of it. A bus line stops directly by the hotel. But you need about 40 minutes to reach the "Brandenburger Tor" via subway. For Berlin it is normal if you don't want to stay in a overpriced Hotel.
Breakfast is average, like in other 3*** hotels.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple