“Rude personell and cockroaches to welcome you”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Atlantic

Hotel Atlantic
Ranked #450 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
West hls, CA
“Rude personell and cockroaches to welcome you”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Really bad experience.
Arrived directly from airport after a 20 minutes trip by bus, the receptionist that speaks German only, before saying "welcome" or anything else, asked for money. I've show my credit card and she looked at me disgusted and let me know that she will not accept my credit-card (a visa one). I've searched in my pocket for cons in my pockets (no ATM's around) and payed the woman (in my country the only payments in advance are for prostitutes). She didn't let me the chance to see my room first.
I agree with Brazilian people who described the receptionists as they did.
Walking in my room, at the first sight all was clean... until I stepped in the bathroom, where a nice cockroach was on the floor.
There was a window. Don't open it! There are two reasons not to do it:
1. if you open it, you will see the mud on the frame
2. there is barely no heating at all. Even you put the thermostat on max, you will never have more than 16 centigrade in the room.
If you need internet, don't forget to ask receptionist at the very beginning for access code, because otherwise you will need to descend again in the reception. There is no telephone in the room to call reception.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Saxony
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2009

A clean and quiet hotel, near the Airport Berlin-Schoenefeld (10 minutes with car).
They are some cheap restaurants around the hotel and you can leave your car just in front of it. A bus line stops directly by the hotel. But you need about 40 minutes to reach the "Brandenburger Tor" via subway. For Berlin it is normal if you don't want to stay in a overpriced Hotel.
Breakfast is average, like in other 3*** hotels.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TwoInBlack
Minas Gerais, Brazil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2007

This was one of the worst experiences we've ever had in a hotel. The staff was rude, dishonest and prejudiced. They're bigots, who explicitly showed they didn't like people who are not from european descent and made little sarcastic jokes about our origin. They mistreated us and tried to charge us more for the room than was originaly arranged. If that wasn't enough, the hotel is poorly located: 20-minute walk to the nearest subway station and than 40 minutes by train to get to the center of Berlin. Overall, terrible!!!

Cristina and Guilherme from Brazil

• Liked — Checking out?
  • Disliked — If it wasn't for our sense of humor, the cranky staff would've gotten the best out of us....
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BRMG

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2006

I booked this hotel for myself and my parents. I was not looking forward to it because the location is not as near to the center as I would have liked and I desperately tried to find another hotel, but it was late and we were on a tight budget, so we were forced to keep the reservation. I must say, I am very glad we did. The room was large and clean. The building was very quaint with a lovely view down a quiet street. Getting to the center was no problem. The staff was wonderful. On the last morning, we overslept a bit, and there was no fuss about our checking out late and they even offered us breakfast after it was closed. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Beautiful building, clean and bright
  • Disliked — Not centrally located
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family