“Great location, great value and excellent service.”
Review of Check In Hostel

Check In Hostel
Ranked #155 of 355 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Check In hostel for two nights in April. The two highlights of the hostel are - the location and the value for money Located in central Berlin, the hostel is five minute walk from Checkpoint Charlie, the U-Bahn station and even closer to the Jewish History Museum. We were 4 of us and had booked a 6 bed dorm so that worked well for us - the beds and the room both were always clean, the bathrooms good enough and the service - one of the best. I forgot my glasses at the hostel and asked them to deliver them to me - not only was the staff prompt in their reply, they really went out of their way to help me get my glasses back. Kudos! I'll be back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Check In Hostel

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend with a big group of friends, for the price it was perfect. Great location, helpful staff, clean and friendly.
Only two downsides...not enough crockery to eat, and not enough showers/toilets...but for the price, who cares!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A very nice Hostel, clean and very frendly. Lovely common room with Tv and wi-file in all the Ostel area. Only a few small suggestion....The kitchen need better equipment such as dishes, cutlery and pots especially of refrigerators suitable to all the customers!
Moreover it is necessary to add in all romms a small red light for the night time,for the people who arrive late and do not want to disturb anyone who sleeps by turning on the light...!!
Anyway the ostel is very nice between quality and price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Room Tip: Get up early to use the shower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here last year, and even tho time has passed I can't get over the way I felt in this hostel; and now I'm using Tripadvisor again I thought about warning other future travelers to avoid this place.
It is seriously worth the money to pay 20 more euros and at least enjoy from a clean atmosphere and better location.
We booked a 5 beds room for my 5 friends, we didn't get what we asked for. Well, that's not the horrible thing because me myself I work in a hotel reception and I know it can happen but the manners of the guy at reception could have never been worse.
He put us 2 in one room full of creepy old guys, which smelt like PEE, and the windows didn't seem to work so no ventilation could come in.
My other 3 friends were put into a room with no lock. Even the reception guy said as a ""joke"" : This is the so called extra room. WTF? For real?
Bathrooms were always flooded, no hot water seemed to work at any time of the day and anything you could ask for, as new towel or so was overpriced and not clean at all.
When we asked for a solution or a refund, the guy told : " You can either stay here or leave, I doubt you can find anything better this weekend in Berlin" So we HAD to stay because everything was completely full. From that moment on, he seemed to be so offended by our request he just treated us the worse way possible.
I've been backpacking around Europe 2 summer in a row and I have never found such a horrible hostel. To be more clear and fair, when I stayed in Hamburg @ The Meininger hostel ( THAT is a hostel) I paid all in all just 15 more euros and quality and EVERYTHING was amazing.
So, to sum it up NEVER bother to come here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank langencita
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here with a friend while spending 3 weeks interrailing around Europe in July 2013 and really liked this hostel.

We booked here because It was cheap and I was a little nervous because of that plus it doesn't help that i'm quite a clean freak, anywhere that's slightly dirty or grotty and I'm out. However, I was surprised.

Great location firstly, right near checkpoint Charlie although we found it a little hard to find as the building and signing was misleading and hidden but that could be down to us travelling all day from Amsterdam so our brains probably weren't functioning very well.

We were greeted by a really friendly brunette girl behind the reception desk who was the only member of staff I encountered while staying there. She was really helpful and gave us loads of information and hallelujah free WiFi that actually worked!!

The stairs and the building it's self was pretty depressing and not that appealing or nice to look at but not much of a big deal as the rooms were great. Really clean and big which was a relief as some of the hostels I stayed in elsewhere were so small for mixed dorms, I felt suffocated. The room also had lockers which is good to know when travelling alone/in small groups and staying with randomers and they were big enough to fit our big backpacks in! however, remember to bring your own padlock!!! There's also a Lidl supermarket right round the back which is good to know if you're travelling and on a budget such as me and my friend... this meant more money for beer :)

This hostel also had a great social side to it, I met lots of people here and it seemed to attract a young crowd with a sort of common room to meet new people, good if you're travelling alone and want to meet some friends. The showers were also acceptable, nothing special but clean and they all worked fine.

I can't stress how much I love Berlin, great city with great people and I'm planning to head back in the new year. If all goes to plan I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends