“i fully recommend”

Ranked #106 of 344 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Krakow, Poland
“i fully recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

great cheap place to stay in for a few nights, nice and helpful service, the only downside may be people who share your room, where most of them party all night long.... also a great localization, almost in the middle of the city! all in all i can recommend it to you

Room Tip: please!! prohibit making noise in the rooms during night (10pm-6am) like making parties, shouting, a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leipzig, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Check In hostel for two nights in April. The two highlights of the hostel are - the location and the value for money Located in central Berlin, the hostel is five minute walk from Checkpoint Charlie, the U-Bahn station and even closer to the Jewish History Museum. We were 4 of us and had booked a 6 bed dorm so that worked well for us - the beds and the room both were always clean, the bathrooms good enough and the service - one of the best. I forgot my glasses at the hostel and asked them to deliver them to me - not only was the staff prompt in their reply, they really went out of their way to help me get my glasses back. Kudos! I'll be back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend with a big group of friends, for the price it was perfect. Great location, helpful staff, clean and friendly.
Only two downsides...not enough crockery to eat, and not enough showers/toilets...but for the price, who cares!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Roma, Italia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

A very nice Hostel, clean and very frendly. Lovely common room with Tv and wi-file in all the Ostel area. Only a few small suggestion....The kitchen need better equipment such as dishes, cutlery and pots especially of refrigerators suitable to all the customers!
Moreover it is necessary to add in all romms a small red light for the night time,for the people who arrive late and do not want to disturb anyone who sleeps by turning on the light...!!
Anyway the ostel is very nice between quality and price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Munich, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here last year, and even tho time has passed I can't get over the way I felt in this hostel; and now I'm using Tripadvisor again I thought about warning other future travelers to avoid this place.
It is seriously worth the money to pay 20 more euros and at least enjoy from a clean atmosphere and better location.
We booked a 5 beds room for my 5 friends, we didn't get what we asked for. Well, that's not the horrible thing because me myself I work in a hotel reception and I know it can happen but the manners of the guy at reception could have never been worse.
He put us 2 in one room full of creepy old guys, which smelt like PEE, and the windows didn't seem to work so no ventilation could come in.
My other 3 friends were put into a room with no lock. Even the reception guy said as a ""joke"" : This is the so called extra room. WTF? For real?
Bathrooms were always flooded, no hot water seemed to work at any time of the day and anything you could ask for, as new towel or so was overpriced and not clean at all.
When we asked for a solution or a refund, the guy told : " You can either stay here or leave, I doubt you can find anything better this weekend in Berlin" So we HAD to stay because everything was completely full. From that moment on, he seemed to be so offended by our request he just treated us the worse way possible.
I've been backpacking around Europe 2 summer in a row and I have never found such a horrible hostel. To be more clear and fair, when I stayed in Hamburg @ The Meininger hostel ( THAT is a hostel) I paid all in all just 15 more euros and quality and EVERYTHING was amazing.
So, to sum it up NEVER bother to come here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank langencita

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels