“Could have been better”

Ranked #183 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
London, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was very well located and my room was comfortable, clean and spacious. It is a pity that it did not include a table though there was space for it. When I ordered room service I had to use the bed as a table!

The breakfast food availability was plentiful and varied catering for all tastes. However the lay out of the dining area and the space available are not sufficient for the number of guests. Over the 5 days I was there I tried breakfast at different times and each time there was a problem getting a table because it was so full.

The reception and foyer area are also inadequate for the size of the hotel. The very few settees available were always occupied with people standing around. On my last day I had a wait of a couple of hours between checking in and going to the airport. I thought as this was in the middle of the day there would be no problem getting a seat in the foyer. How wrong!

On that they they were holding a conference of some description in the foyer of the hotel so all the seating area was taken over and could not be used by the guests. I was lucky to find a chair in a corridor outside the kitchen/dining area and was treated to all the menu smells of the day's lunches cooking. Eventually I left earlier than I intended to.

On getting home and checking my bill I found that I had been charged for an additional breakfast. I emailed the hotel but did not immediately get a reply. It was only when I threatened to give them a bad review that the money was refunded.

If/when I return to Berlin I'll look for another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoBloggs771
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Manager at H+ Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your stay.
First we would like to apologize for the delay in clarifying your question regarding the final bill. There was no malicious intent, only the necessity to check the proofs of the restaurant. If a mistake is made, of course we correct it.
We are very sorry that you were not satisfied staying with us and that ambience and furnishing, especially of the public areas have not covered your needs.
While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Best regards!

Kessrin Heusel – Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Overall very good hotel, helpful staff and a good central position for Berlin. Only limitation was the menu, the food quality was very good but choice was limited. I have been in Berlin a number of times and in other hotels and this rates very good.

Room Tip: Any room seems to be fine, nice and quiet and for a coup;le of euros and you are a bit tired, room s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ian,
Thank you very much for rating and recommending our hotel.
Greetings from the kitchen for praising the food quality.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is a no frills place where you leave in the morning after breakfast which is complimentary. We come back just to sleep so we didn't want to spend too much on accomodation. Breakfast was buffet style, simple but more than enough, coffee was good too except there is no Asian variety which is fine with me. Parking is not complimentary,13euro for 1 night.There are plenty of parking on the street itself or nearby which is what we did ! Unfortunately, there were no room slippers and I told the young lady about it before I went out.She said it will be in the room when I return.When I got back at night, no slippers so I went to reception and spoke to the same person.She said she will deliver in 2 mins, waited for 20mins,no slippers. I was tired and wanted to shower and sleep.It never came ! That was the standard of service for us ,not very
impressive.Wi-fi is complimentary but you need to get a card from the reception everyday.

Room Tip: Hotel is on main road, request for rooms on the inner side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your impressions.
We apologize for the described lack of service. We can assure you this is not the usual standard. We hope you will be our guests again, to get the possibility to convince you of that.
We remain with kind regards and wish you all the best.

Your team of RAMADA Hotel Berlin-Mitte ///
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel in the heart of Berlin. Location is fantastisch :). Room was very spacious. Wifi wasn't the best. The barman Dominique was incredible, great customer service and an asset to the hotel :). X

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sean,
We are glad receiving this great rating from you.
Special thanks from our barman Dominique. He is very happy about your praise and we too, to have such a committed employee.
We are looking forward to see you again.

Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice clean modern hotel, good food, nice buffet breakfast. helpful staff. A little noisy at night, but you get that with a central location. Overall I'd reccommend. The free WiFi via scratch off card was a bit frustrating as logged me out after a while, and username/password were quite long. WiFi speeds ok when logged in.

Room Tip: Room to rear might be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your business trip. We are glad, that you had a pleasant stay and would stay here again.
Regarding the wifi we can already announce that in the near future there will be some modifications so that you will have free access in the entire hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again very soon.

Essex
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Nice hotel with the bonus of a supermarket next door :-)

Very comfortable rooms with nice shower

Excellent staff who look after your every need

Breakfast is okay too. Lots of meat for any meat lovers although as a vegetarian I still had a lot of choice too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Manager at H+ Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your review.
It is nice to know, that you have enjoyed your stay and everything was to your satisfaction.
We look forward to your next stay.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room is a disabled triple so I suppose they put the extra bed in where the turning space for wheelchairs would go but it's still a good room. The hoist works fine though the carpet is quite thick, and the bathroom is fairly small for an accessible room. So happy we are here, we had a great dinner at a local restaurant, I had currywürst sausages with coleslaw and fries (I'm starting to miss fresh veg and home cooking...!), but I think I'm in love. Berlin is so vibrant! Access everywhere is fantastic. Everywhere has dropped curbs, even where there are road works we found temporary Tarmac ramps- this city is awesome

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,
We are very glad that you had a pleasant stay and felt comfortable in and outside the hotel.
We could imagine that you would like to revisit Berlin, so it would be great if you would choose our hotel again.
Thanks a lot for your fantastic review.