“Location and Luxury”

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Location and Luxury”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is a new hotel with everthing sparkeling, great noise protection and good service. The location right next to major railway hub and in walking distance to Potsdam and surrounds makes this a top hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure, that there is actually a bad room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HeidiAB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have returned from a 3-night leisure stay at the Marriott Berlin. This is a really excellent property with staff who look after your every wish.
The hotel is centrally located and just a minute's walk to the Potsdamerplatz U- and S--Bahn - and Christmas Markets. From there you can easily catch a train for any part of Berlin.
From check-in to check-out the staff at the Marriott look after you so very well. The rooms have everything you need including fresh coffee machines! Little touches like complimentary chocolates make you feel like a special guest. And the beds are so very comfy that we really wanted to take advantage of the latest possible hour at which breakfast is served.
We tried breakfast in both the main restaurant and the Executive Lounge and both were excellent - there is slightly more choice in the restaurant but you can have a really good breakfast in either. On the Saturday the Executive Lounge was really busy and credit to the staff they were doing everything possible to keep the buffet well stocked and the tables cleared.
The evening service in the Lounge is also excellent with a wide range of hot and cold food, wines and beers. We had a meal in the City Grill (in-house restaurant) which was also excellent and again extremely good and welcoming staff. Although a little expensive - for both the quality of the food and the service it is a price very worth paying.
If I have criticism of the Lounge is that the food during the day is somewhat limited and uninsperational and sometimes the tables can remain uncleared for a long period. But this is clearly not the market that the hotel is serving. And set in the context of the great breakfast and evening service this is nothing to worry about.
From a business perspective the quality and speed of the Internet connection is good and it is easy to become very productive in the hotel - even for short periods during a leisure break! A small issue is that the rooms have been refurbished but the power outlets have not been well aligned to the new positions of the furniture, e.g. how do I charge my laptop when it is on the desk?
Definitely be back next stay. There are so many positives and almost no negatives...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear yhi904,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us! Wow, we are thrilled that you had such a memorable experience with us. I will share your kind words with my team, as this motivates them the most. You made our day and we all thank you for that!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

All the best!

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Went for a city break with my gf. The service was exceptional, staff helpful and welcoming. Loved the size of the rooms too. Found breakfast delicious but too expensive at EUR 32 x person. Also the swimming pool is tiny and gets crowded immediately. Was very happy with the location as well connected with the public transport and close to the park. Would go back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Shaun M,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We love hearing that you enjoyed your guest room and all of the amenities with it. We would love the chance to welcome you again soon!

Enjoy the Christmas time!

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently situated near the Brandenburg gate. A short walk to the Tiergarten and public transport. The service was flawless. Concierge lounge was excellent and they offered the option of breakfast buffet in the restaurant. They hit every preference on my profile list ( nice job). It speaks to attention to detail.

I was on vacation, but it appeared to be a popular business person's hotel. I'd definitely do it again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Hamish P,
Thank you for your comment and for highlighting the Executive lounge. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience on TripAdvisor.
For your next stay I may recommend trying our Catwalk Bar with the best cocktails in town.
Also check out: www.catwalk-berlin.com
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Excellent hotel. I stayed at this property for 10 nights while I was in Berlin for business from early to mid-November 2013. My executive level room was very spacious, well-decorated, quiet, and kept very clean. The executive lounge breakfast was very well stocked and I could grab a quick bite before heading to the office. You are in walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, shops, and can hop on the U or S Bahn trains to take you throughout Berlin and suburbs. All in all, I was very happy with the property and will return to this hotel when I come back to Berlin for work

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear nicole d,

I am pleased to read about your stay at the Berlin Marriott Hotel on tripadvisor, thank you for your kind words. Your words of appreciation are a great compliment to us. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with my team.

Thank you for stay with us in this occasion and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

The Marriott in Berlin is great. Clean and the service is amazing. There were 5 of is and we were there a month and we could not have done it without their help. The lounge is great for gatherings and the breakfasts were a huge plus.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear scubabry,

thank you for your long stay with us and kind words which highlight how much you enjoyed the experience. Your evaluation has been gratefully received and it has been my pleasure to pass them on to all the team. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you very soon!

Brazil
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I spend 2 nights in this hotel and I had several problems in the room with maintenance.
What disturb me is that I had to ask two times at the reception to resolve and even this somes of the problems were not resolved .Air -conditioning broken ( not resolved),door of the cupboard does not stay open ( received on my feet finger ) ( not resolved).
Hot water termos leeking resolved after said twice at the reception .
Breakfast everage level .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank umb
Dear umb,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay but I was very concerned to hear about the problems with the communication in our hotel.

In the meantime if you would give us another chance, I would love the opportunity to win you back as a happy guest.

Please contact us on at.your.service@marriotthotels.com and let me know the next time you come to Berlin!