“Very nice”

Berlin Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I booked 3 nights in this hotel. I was with my newborn baby and I arrived there at 9:00 AM. I knew that the check in is 2:00 PM but I just decided to stay in the lobby for some coffee. However, the very nice lady in the reception just showed up and says " I can give you the room right now because you have a baby and you probably both need it" I really respected her behaviour. I haven't tried their breakfast. However, I ordered it " breakfast in room" very outstanding one. I highly recommend the hotel for quit and nice stay.

Stayed: June 2014
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Hanin S,

Wow! Thank you for the 5 star rating and awesome comments about our staff! I am so glad you enjoyed your In Room Dining breakfast and that you were able to check in early.

I would like to recommend trying our Catwalk Bar with the best cocktails in town.

We hope you choose the Berlin Marriott Hotel for your next trip!

There are newer reviews for Berlin Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed two nights at the hotel. The location is probably the best in Berlin, a few steps to Potsdamer platz with all communications and a few step in the other direction you find Brandenburg Gate.
You will find the staff friendly and any question you have they kindly answer. We stayed on the 9 floor and at that level there is very little noise from the street. The room was large and modern with everything you can need for a couple of days.
I'm member of Marriott Rewards and have access to the executive lounge - in this hotel that access was a disappointment. The lounge was overbooked and there was not enough with staff to server the high amount of guests. My recommendation to the hotel is to make sure the number of guest with executive access meet the size of the room and the service.
With that remark I anyhow strong recommend the hotel if you are visiting Berlin.

Room Tip: A room high up - the hotel have 10 etage. I also prefer to stay away from the elevator that can give...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear zuune,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our central location in the heart of the city.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with the noise and the size of our Executive Lounge. Rest assured that we will certainly use your feedback as a tool to improve the services that we provide.

We would love to have you back with us in the near future and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here last week for our 20th wedding anniversary. Since one of our daughters is studying in Berlin we wanted to spend the long weekend with her. We booked a regular room for the 1st night for only the 3 of us, since our daughter was joining us on Thursday, from Thursday on we had booked a suite and a regular room for 3 nights.
Before hand the reservation department contacted us to ask if the booking was correct, I told the lady that we wanted to have the rooms on the same floor and told het about the wedding anniversary.
Check in was a breeze, very friendly lady checked us in! A warm welcome after a long trip! She upgraded us to a room on the 10th floor (Executive floor) because we are Marriott Platinum members. We spend over 70+ nights in hotels all over the world. The first morning we had breakfast in their restaurant, I liked their smoothies and healthy options but warm options were very limited. Just scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon but no waffles or pancakes. After breakfast we went to the front desk to ask if we could move into the suite and take the 2nd room. This time there was a very young, unfriendly lady that did not understand us or wouldn't understand us. She definitely had not her best day…She even got a sort of rude at one point! She gave us the suite at the 4rth floor and our daughters were in a room at the 10th. Not exactly what we asked for. In our opinion it was better to stay in the room where we were at at that moment so we asked if this was possible…We had to call their reservation department from the front office desk?!?! The receptionist kept telling us that their hotel was fully booked and we had to take the suite or else did not have a room! And we could not cancel anymore was what she said. On internet we saw there were rooms available for that night….My husband wanted to move to the Ritz at the other side of the street….After talking to one of their managers he told us we could stay in the room that we were in. He took only € 20,00 of the rate that we should have paid for the suite….Not even an appologie or a bottle of wine to make it up. Lounge was overcrowded that night, not enough staff, it was a mess, it got only a bit better the 2nd night. And to our surprise they made a reservation for a family in the lounge….The table was kept empty wit a reservations card till 7.30 pm till the family came while others had to stand to eat their food or had their drink!! Never experienced table reservations in executive lounges before!! Good choice of food and drinks. Every night for turndown there were the little Haribo bears, no change for chocolate whatsoever. Room was clean but no vacuum cleaning for 4 days. It had looked to us that before us someone had stayed there with a white dog…Dissapointing stay again, next time we will definitely go to the Ritz or Hyatt, great hotels in same location!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank koala2409
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear koala2409,

Thank you so much for choosing the Berlin Marriott Hotel as your hotel of stay to celebrate your 20th anniversary and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely regret to read that your experience fell far below your expectations.
Your description of our service was so not in keeping with the feedback we generally receive, yet I am very appreciative that you brought this experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly so that I may address your concerns. (berlin@marriotthotels.com)

We hope you will give us another chance to make it right and to truly see what so many of our TripAdvisor reviewers do.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel when spending time in Berlin. Great location, attentive staff, modern and clean rooms. Common space was great for relaxing, the restaurant in the hotel was awesome. Free wifi is always a plus. Within walking distance to all main sightseeing destinations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear squish68,

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit at our hotel.

It is such a great pleasure to read that you consider our property as “an great experience” and that you spent a relaxing stay with us.

I hope that you will present us with the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel. Stayed in this hotel in early May 2014. Very accommodating, helped by arranging beer bike tour for us. The location is fantastic, train from airport took 30min and station is 1min walk to the hotel, 20min walk to Brandenburg Gate. Sony center and a host of shopping and restaurants 2mins walk. There is a lot going on in Potsdamer Platz which is where this hotel is located. Tubes are very efficient!

Room Tip: Clean and comfy rooms and great location
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Prit82

Dear Prit82,

Thank you very much for the kind comments you shared on TripAdvisor further to your stay with us in May.

Indeed I was delighted to read how much you were pleased with your guest experience. Also I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location and our service.

I really look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of my favourite hotels in Berlin. I made a mistake in booking the wrong day arrived 24hrs early but no problem even though I had prepaid reception were very good. As it was raining went to the restaurant New York Grill and had a very god meal service was extremely good and you can watch the chefs at work. Free wifi in the lobby area but expensive in the rooms when will Marriott realise they are one of the few hotel groups now charging, all in all a good nights stay

Room Tip: Breakfast is expensive so just choose the continental where a great selection is available and reaso...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Crispie21,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay at the Berlin Marriott Hotel. I loved your comment that our Midtown Grill Restaurant is extremely good and interesting.

I am very glad that you had a good time with us.

I look forward to a future visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel when spending time in Berlin. Great location, attentive staff, modern and clean rooms. The floor to ceiling windows made the room space even larger. Common space was great for relaxing and the executive lounge was one of the best. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Patricia P,

What a wonderful Review! I am pleased to know you had a wonderful experience

We appreciate your gracious comments regarding the location, accommodations and the Executive Lounge.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon!