“Great location, great hotel”

Berlin Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Marriott is a wonderful option to stay at while in Berlin! It is very well located (right next to the Sony Center and the Postdam Plaza, as well as the park). We (my parents and I) had a double queen room, and it was very comfortable (3 adults), very modern, and clean. The bathroom amazing! Great shower! However what made it an outstanding hotel was the service, especially of a girl that worked in the bar in the mornings. Unfortunately I do not have her name, but she made our stay extra special! I will try to find out her name and make a special recognition to the hotel. Although we never used it, there is a very cool pool and a good gym. The only downside is the price of the breakfast buffet, if I remember correctly it is 32 euros per person! Therefore we never had breakfast at the hotel, only once that we had a croissant and a coffee at the bar.

1  Thank Keekeeseetah1
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Keekeeseetah1,

Thank you for your excellent review!! We really appreciate the time you took telling us about your experience at the Berlin Marriott Hotel. We are delighted with your comments regarding our accommodations, the amenities, our qualified staff and their excellent services.

I notice as well your mention about the convenient location – It´s true that it’s in a perfect location, just a stone throw away from the most important sightseeing places.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Berlin Marriott Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,996)

995 - 1,001 of 1,997 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We've stayed at the Berlin Marriott Hotel for 4 nights.
Hotel's location is excellent - Potsdamer Platz, within a short walk from Brandenburg Gate, Unter-Den-Linden, Checkpoint Charlie and many more Berlin's attractions.
Our room was big, nicely decorated, convenient and very clean. Hotel's staff is very friendly and polite. Breakfast was excellent with fresh and tasty food.
Free Internet is offered just at the Lobby.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Superior Room, high floor with city view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear KligerSpatz,

Thank you for sharing your great experience! We are glad that you enjoyed our location and that you found our staff friendly and polite.

We are extremely thrilled to hear that you would highly recommend the Berlin Marriott Hotel.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

First the good news, It is located at a very central location. It is new and the amenities are just fine. Especially the workout room and the pool. Now the bad news, it is unbearably hot. We had two rooms at the hotel and none of us got a good night sleep. The air conditioning was not strong enough to cool down the room. The air is off till you check in and stick the card to turn on electricity in the room. We checked in at about 2:00 pm in June and it never got comfortable. We basically switched from Ritz Carlton next door because of the air conditioning problem and it got worse. Stay away from both of them at least in the summer months.

Also, there was chocolate dipped strawberries in one of the rooms that were so old they were rancid. I do not know why only in one room and not the other and quite frankly I don't think it was intended for us. May be for someone that was supposed to be checking in at least a week earlier. By the way, there was no one to help with the luggage when we checked in and the check in took about 30 minutes.

2  Thank SFShawn
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear SFShawn,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our central location as well as our Health Club.

I was disappointed to read that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and particularly regarding your room on this occasion. I would like to assured you that the issues you have mentioned have been addressed. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly on at.your.service@marriotthotels.com when you are travelling to Berlin next as I would personally like to look after your reservation for you and ensure you have a very enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

You get what you pay for here: service is good, room service is efficient, breakfast is excellent (fruit smoothies!), there is a parking if you arrive by car (although good parking skills required - places are rather narrow), the location is central, the rooms are big enough and well equipped. The only thing for a picky customer to complain about would be the reservation system of Marriott.com, which does not seem to transfer all the requests to the hotel, so I had to repeat all my requests again at the reception (eg. one bed instead of two beds, a bed for a child etc.). I wouldn't complain about it in the Hostel Waka-Waka in Far-Far Away, but a Marriott should be perfect, shouldn't it?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear kubunio,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel's facilities and especially the breakfast.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the Berlin Marriott Hotel during your next trip to the heart of Germany.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our family of four began our 2 week holiday with a stay at the Berlin Marriott. The hotel was clean, the staff very courteous, and the room was excellent. The room was much larger than many European rooms we have used. Great exercise facilities, pool and saunas on the ground floor! Nice restaurant which we did not try, but always had plenty of patrons.

Location was fantastic and within walking distance of most of the East Berlin historical sites, Brandenburg Gate, Tiergarten, and many restaurants. Train station was right next door so easy to use as a base for exploring other areas of the city as well! Would HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street as they are much more quiet.

Dear gogators8993,

What an amazing review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing the Berlin Marriott Hotel for your holidays. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your stay. We have shared your comments with our team and they were all very proud.

Thank you again and I hope it won’t be long until we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great pillows, comfy big bed, good sized rooms. Bathrooms big and very clean. Ice machines along the corridor. Restaurant is outrageously expensive for the quality of the food
Located just off Potsdammer Platz so convenient for transport and some restaurants but the area is fairly soulless and dull with little character. If you're interested in taking the round Berlin bus tour there's a stop a short walk from the hotel. Taxis wait outside the hotel so it's easy getting around if you need one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear minerva14,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Berlin! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms and all of the amenities with it.

Regarding our prices of the Restaurant Midtown- Grill: we are using regional and high-quality products to keep our standards. That is the reason why they have a higher price level. But I can recommend our Lobby and Catwalk Bar with delicious snacks and menus.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I booked 3 nights in this hotel. I was with my newborn baby and I arrived there at 9:00 AM. I knew that the check in is 2:00 PM but I just decided to stay in the lobby for some coffee. However, the very nice lady in the reception just showed up and says " I can give you the room right now because you have a baby and you probably both need it" I really respected her behaviour. I haven't tried their breakfast. However, I ordered it " breakfast in room" very outstanding one. I highly recommend the hotel for quit and nice stay.

Stayed: June 2014
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Hanin S,

Wow! Thank you for the 5 star rating and awesome comments about our staff! I am so glad you enjoyed your In Room Dining breakfast and that you were able to check in early.

I would like to recommend trying our Catwalk Bar with the best cocktails in town.

We hope you choose the Berlin Marriott Hotel for your next trip!