My wife and I stayed here in February. The hotel had many a positive and negative aspect to it:
- Staff. They were all extremely friendly from the receptionist, the breakfast staff to the housekeeping ladies. All keen to help when requested and always with a smile. My German isn't the best either and so even though we tried the language most politely replied in English.
- Location. Located in the Kurfustendam, the hotel had an ideal location for a wide selection of bars and restaurants yet it was set back a street from the hustle and bustle and so was still peaceful. It was only a 5 minute walk from the nearest U-bahn on which it only took ten minutes to get to the centre of Berlin.
- Breakfast. The breakfast selection was plentiful. Their we're standard continental options such as breads, meets and cheeses. A range if cereals as well as cooked options everyday.
- Noise. When the hotel was constructed, I think they had a shortage of stone and so they made the walls with paper. I felt like we were sharing our room with the people next door who were keen on getting 'acquainted' reguarly. Probably not as keen once i'd told them to shut up :-)
- Smokey. Since the smoking ban in the UK, we tend to take it for granted that places tend to smell fresh and you can leave a place not smelling musty. However, corridors were definetly smokey despite the no smoking signs. Something that my pregnant wife wasn't so happy about.
All in all, we didn't pay through the roof to stay at the Franke and so didn't feel too aggrieved by the negative aspects above. If you are looking for somewhere not too expensive to use as a base for a trip to Berlin I would recommend the Franke. If you were more interested in luxuries I would advise looking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to home- Novum Hotel Franke am Kurfurstendamm -. Its central location allows for both the business and the leisure travelers all areas of Berlin can be reached quickly and easily. The Novum Hotel Franke am Kurfurstendamm is comfortable and contemporary in design. Functional rooms in different categories and free Wi-Fi expect every visitor in a recently renovated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novum Hotel Franke am Kurfurstendamm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agon Franke Hotel Berlin
- Agon Franke Berlin