Movenpick Hotel Berlin
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
2,455 results
All reviewspotsdamer platzsiemens buildingglass brickss bahn stationgreat hotelcheckpoint charlieminute walkcheck point charliewalking distancequiet areasony centrefree wifibreakfast buffetthe room was niceenjoyable stayjunior suitecomfortable hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We were moved to the Moevenpick hotel because of overbooking from a different hotel. The room was prepaid using booking.com service (EUR 228). Nevertheless these clever folks blocked another EUR 318 on my credit card. I was not able to use the credit card during my stay in Berlin. What a nice surprise. After all my attempts to make them to release my money I have only received the promises. After one week my money are still blocked, so I went into overdraft on my current account and still paying the overdraft interest rate.
These guys just do not care. Front office staff is ok, most likely they are instructed by management to block as much money as possible "just in case".

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank vkupcis
JZirkler, HR Assistant at Movenpick Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

Without having any other information we as a hotel were obliged to safeguard the occurring costs by charging your credit card in advance. When the costs will be finally paid another way (e.g. by another credit card or hotel), the reserved amount of the charged credit card will expire after 24 hours from our side. But in the end the bank issued the credit card and has also to release the reserved amount. The period of time for releasing the credit card depends on the bank - within one country normally one day, offshore up to two weeks.

We regret that it led to problems for our guest.

Reviewed 12 July 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Moevenpick Berlin for five nights in June and have nothing but enthusiastic praise for the staff, decor, location, room rate, etc. We got a great rate at hotels.com for one of the fantastic “designer bathtub” rooms in the attic. The breakfast buffet is as good as they get but at 21 Euros per person it’s overpriced. Other than that we recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Stayed there for 1 night in June 2009. Hotel was clean and modern, but lacked any sort of character that makes a hotel welcoming.

Staff were OK but as with all the hotels I've stayed in Berlin lacked enthusiasm for their job, they were laid back to the point of being disinterested. Room service not 24 hour and menu fiddly and limited. Food when it turned up was quite good.

Had a suite room that was a decent size, although for the price not really worth it. Plenty of room to move about in it though as furnishings were very limited.

To be honest, never felt at home. One very annoying feature was automatic blinds that went up and down outside the windows depending on the light levels outside. If you're sleeping in the day the noise will wake you up and when they are down they completely block any view you may have of outside.

Another annoying thing was the air-con wouldn't go down low enough, even on the lowest setting the room always felt hot.

Not a bad hotel, but for the money well below average in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Stayed 4 nights recently - modern, large rooms, well appointed, well located (over the road from the S-Bahn), quiet and excellent service. Lives up to the Swiss standard. In a converted Siemans factory so high ceilings and good space - we stayed on the top floor with mansard roof and velux style windows - lovely views. Kreuzberg location is interesting - try Max & Moritz - Great resto within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Hotel 2 mins walk from underground station Anhalter Bahnhof , Its a comfortable 10mins walk from Potsdamer Platz and Checkpoint Charlie etc.
We found the staff at the front desk very pleasant, informative and efficient:
All in all a really good trip. I would happily recommend it as somewhere to stay.
Berlin is well worth visiting if you like history, museums, food, theatre, quality shopping and big city buzz. We'd go again!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple