“Nice stay”

Ranked #268 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Belgium
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I went to Berlin with my boyfriend by car so we needed a hotel with parking, we could use the parking in front of the hotel for free. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and it was better then we expected; big and clean room, with a nice big bed. The bathroom was ok as well, nice shower. Furthermore the staff was very kind to us and the breakfast, which is included, had enough variation. Coffee, thee and water is available during whole day until 10 pm. The metro station is very near, around the corner. From here you can get every where very easily, 18 euro for using the metro 2 days including discounts at sights. The area is nice to hang out since there are many bars and restaurants. There was no fridge in the room and no Dutch television channel which were points that could be improved. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristel S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

If you like being pampered in a 5star hotel with sumptuous luxury, look elsewhere. However, if you like hotels with friendly staff and excellent service, then this is the place for you.

As soon as I arrived, I felt totally welcome by staff on reception. They checked me in without any fuss. My room was easy to find as there aren't the usual labyrinthine corridors which for me, as a visually impaired person, are a nightmare.

My room was clean, tidy and most importantly comfortable. Everything was where you expected it to be. Settling in was stress-free.

Breakfast was probably the only minor problem. It was a self-service buffet and there weren't enough staff around to provide help in an organised way. That said, there was a decent variety of decent food on offer.

Overall, for anyone planning a short or even long stay in Berlin, this is an excellent option. While not situated in the most salubrious part of the city, it's perfectly safe and within easy reach of Alexander Platz. There are bars and other facilities in the vicinity as well.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 3 nights in March. We found the hotel easily as it has a huge Ibis sign outside and we walked through the passage to the courtyard. The reception is on the immediate right with a large blue bear outside. Staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. The room 308 is a good size with a huge shower room and the 2 beds together making one huge bed which did not move apart and was very comfortable. The room was warm and we were able to regulate the heating and open windows. It was very quiet as it is positioned in a side street.
This is a good hotel for visiting the east. We walked down to the river and along the East Side gallery and into Alexanderplatz. There is a street called Simon Dack Strasse very close by full of restaurants and bars of all nationalities- an amazing choice. The tube is 3 minutes from the hotel. Breakfast was great with a range of hot and cold items on a buffet style set up. Whilst there were no children in the hotel when we visited, it looked child friendly with special breakfast items to appeal to children. There is a bar that we used when we got back in at night. The only downside was that the seating was the same as for breakfast and not as comfortable as it might be after a long day out. Coffee was always available in the bar area, free of charge and the WiFi worked well.

Room Tip: All I know is that 308 is a good size and it faces in to the courtyard and was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JuanitaBrighton
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in a twin bed room with a view to the inner courtyard. The hotels location was the best thing for us. As it's just one block away from a big street (and therefore not so bad trafficnoise) and close to the subway. At first, it took us a while to find the hotel as it's not just in the corner where the hotel websites map suggests. The hotels wifi worked well. The minuses for us were floor carpeting and the fact that (all though it's suppose to be 100% non-smoking hotel) my blanket smellt smoke. The rooms surfaces were clean but we found a men underwear from the wardrope, I guess the cleaners are too busy to check wardropes content. The breakfast was basic good (bun with coldcuts, cereals, fruit juices, coffe machine and some fruits).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here for a night recently as part of a trip around Germany, and booked the hotel on the Accor website. Reception staff were friendly once I found the reception (the hotel is set around a courtyard, and signing as to where the reception is could be improved!), running me through the hotel's features, including free tea and coffee in reception, and gave me a voucher for a complimentary drink. The room was relatively bland, but well appointed, with a decent sized double bed, desk and sitting areas, and a decent sized bathroom with shower. A packet of gummy bears on the bed was a nice touch! The hotel is a short walk from Samariterstrasse underground station, and only a slightly longer walk from Frankfurter Allee S-Bahn station, so easy to access most places in Berlin. A great night's sleep, and a fantastic inclusive breakfast the next morning - a wide range of drinks, juices, pastries, meats and cheeses was greatly appreciated! My only (very minor) gripe was that the city tax (under €5) wasn't advised by staff on check-in. Great value, fantastic stay in Berlin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark R
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just came back from a 3 night stay- the best thing about the hotel- the service! Came in at night after a long flight and realized that my agent booked me the wrong Ibis styles hotel. I was there on business so the location was very important for me, and this hotel was far from where I wanted to stay. The girl at the reception named Christina was AMAZING. She sat with me for 30 minutes and patiently explained how should I was the trains and which is the fastest way to get to my conference. She was great and very kind and that is the most important thing for a service provider.
The room was great on the 4th floor, very big and clean. Breakfast was ok with a lot of choice and juices. It held me until noon and that was great.

There is a train station just near the hotel and it is very easy to figure out the rails way and station.
Free WiFi in the hotel which was great also

Very good hotel in very good price! I would defiantly come again- only 5 stations away from the heart of Berlin

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Customer C, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Ibis Styles Berlin City Ost, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear anatnir,

thank you for taking your time to give us a review about your stay. We will forward your comments to our staff and are happy to hear that you consider staying with us again. Sometimes even errors turn to good account :-)

We are looking forward to welcome you again during your next trip to Berlin.
Kind regards