“Perfect seven days spent at the Berlin Ritz-Carlton!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin
Ranked #25 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Every aspect of our wonder stay in this hotel was perfect!
All staff members were extremely pleasant and cordial to us.
Room was spacious and elegant.
Cleanest hotel we have every stayed in.
Breakfast was truly over the top- excellent.
Felt like I owned the great gym during my daily 6AM workouts. Free weights, ball, and good machines helped me not gain a pound during our Berlin holiday.
This is our first stay at the Ritz, however we will only stay at the Ritz-Carlton during our
two trips to Europe every year!
My wife and I spend 14 days a month in domestic hotels on business.
We are not easily impressed, however this property is perfect!!!

Room Tip: High floor with low room numbers provide the quieter rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martin c

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife, 16 year old son, and I spent 4 nights at the Ritz Carlton Berlin in June, 2013. I recommend the hotel.

The wife and I had an executive suite, our son had a standard superior room. I won’t cover all the details, other than to say that, with one exception, the rooms were up to normal Ritz Carlton standards. If you’ve like Ritz Carltons elsewhere, you’re likely to appreciate the Berlin version.

The concierge staff was great, and the doorman, in particular, were terrific. We enjoyed the breakfasts very much – with perhaps the sole exception being that the hotel was very busy when we were there, and thus often the staff was very much behind on clearing tables.

My one complaint went to lighting. In the executive suite, the small living room was essentially unusable due to the poor installed lighting. I had a similar complaint with the bedroom reading areas. Happily, after I made note of the problem, the hotel provided extra lamps in both the living room and the bedroom reading areas. Thus supplemented, the lighting was decent.

Beyond the problem with lighting, our stay was very pleasant. If you are sensitive to room lighting, make sure to speak up if you find the rooms as poorly lit as I did.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a great hotel, nice lobby, 2 good bars, excellent rooms and solid service. And while I am not personally a fan of the Potsdamer Platz is it very central and you can get anywhere from there easily.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were quite disappointed in our recent 5-day stay at the Ritz Berlin. On the positive side: the public areas are beautiful, the location is great, and the breakfast buffet was fabulous. But so many little things went wrong - this is just a partial list: broken dresser drawer, partially repaired after 2 requests over 2 days; mini-bar not restocked for 2 days; waitress in cocktail lounge served our drinks without noticing the mess (spilled food and drink) left by previous customers; room lock system changed mid-stay with no notice so we had to return to lobby for new keys. Are any of these deal breakers on their own? Of course not. And for the most part, staff was responsive and apologetic. But this is not the level of service we expected at this or any 5-star hotel.

We stayed at the Ritz on the recommendation of our travel agent, after staying one night earlier in our trip at the Regent Hotel, Berlin. We regret that we did not return to the Regent.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RitzCarlton2014, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear OutofOH,

Thank you for kinking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you.

Feedback is extremly important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number +49 30 33 777-6002. I look forward to hearing from you,

Robert Petrovic
The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel in April with a hotel and flight package. The decor is luxurious from the lobby to the bedroom. We were on the 10th floor with a quiet room (as requested) without the view. It did not bother us as we were out all day. The only disappointment is the restaurant within the hotel. We had dinner there and the food was nothing special as a French brasserie. There's plenty of eateries in the area e.g. The Sony Centre.
Anyway we enjoyed our stay in the hotel and it's a fantastic base for exploring Berlin as most sights are within walking distance and the tour bus stop is just one minute away. The service was friendly and professional. We will recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Berlin for a short break.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Please ignore any negative reviews for this hotel. Some people are just never happy it seems....

Centrally located hotel. Fabulous rooms, spotlessly clean, great bathrooms and beds. Could have slept all day if I did not have to attend meetings!!

Their breakfasts are just delicious. Do not expect dull cooked English fare though. It is all about continental choices and plenty of them!

Ask for rooms and suites on the 8th floor. Great views.

All service is efficient and very friendly. Cannot ask for more. Will be back!

Room Tip: The 8th floor has brilliant views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Izzysea
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Have been staying at this hotel for the last 7 years when visiting Berlin, unfortunately it's time for a refurbishment of the rooms, chipped enamel in the sink of room 541, sheets only changed every 3 days even though I phoned guest services and requested it done more frequently this wasn't carried out, the lady who checked me out was professional but lacked charm and friendly face, concierge seemed dismissive on this visit although the door man and porters were attentive and couldn't do more to help,
Not what it used to be unfortunately

• Stayed: April 2014
RitzCarlton2014, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Smast,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate to be in touch with you.

Feedback is extremly important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number +49 30 33 777-6002. I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Petrovic