“Amazing cocktails!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin
Ranked #25 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were staying close-by and fancied going somewhere a bit special for our last night in Berlin and decided to live it up at bit at the Ritz. The bar is lovely, very plush but not stuffy at all. The cocktails are brilliant, not only creatively presented, but very tasty too, my Mary Poppins was one of the best I've ever had. We rounded off the evening with a port, which went down very nicely too! It was quiet when we arrived about 9.30pm, but livened up considerably around 11.pm, when the business guests returned from dining out presumably. Cocktails were 14 euro each and port was 12 euro each, so not especially cheap but well worth it for the quality of the drinks and our wonderful surroundings. A lovely way to spend an evening :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Yes, I am a big fan of Ritz for obvious reasons.Nobody beats RC in service and attention to detail of the staff. The RC in Berlin is perhaps one of the best hotels I have ever been to. From the arrival to departure, every part of the accommodation was a perfect 10. The amazing breakfast buffet every morning is the icing on the cake. Most interesting of all, There's a real British beefeater in the lobby. His name is Robert and he's a south Londoner through and through. Which of course can't really explain why he's in Potsdamer Platz opening the Curtain Club, a dimly lit anglophile-friendly cocktail bar that will serve you a killer Old Fashioned. However, I doubt the reason why President Obama chose this hotel last year was solely the pool and its workout facilities!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Booked the hotel over halve a dozen times within the last 2 years. To me the perfect hotel in Berlin (location, staff, service and quality). It is like coming home. Room prices increased a bit over time but the Club Level is still the perfect way to enjoy the location. Anytime again.

Room Tip: Club Level
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank olach
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Every aspect of our wonder stay in this hotel was perfect!
All staff members were extremely pleasant and cordial to us.
Room was spacious and elegant.
Cleanest hotel we have every stayed in.
Breakfast was truly over the top- excellent.
Felt like I owned the great gym during my daily 6AM workouts. Free weights, ball, and good machines helped me not gain a pound during our Berlin holiday.
This is our first stay at the Ritz, however we will only stay at the Ritz-Carlton during our
two trips to Europe every year!
My wife and I spend 14 days a month in domestic hotels on business.
We are not easily impressed, however this property is perfect!!!

Room Tip: High floor with low room numbers provide the quieter rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martin c
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife, 16 year old son, and I spent 4 nights at the Ritz Carlton Berlin in June, 2013. I recommend the hotel.

The wife and I had an executive suite, our son had a standard superior room. I won’t cover all the details, other than to say that, with one exception, the rooms were up to normal Ritz Carlton standards. If you’ve like Ritz Carltons elsewhere, you’re likely to appreciate the Berlin version.

The concierge staff was great, and the doorman, in particular, were terrific. We enjoyed the breakfasts very much – with perhaps the sole exception being that the hotel was very busy when we were there, and thus often the staff was very much behind on clearing tables.

My one complaint went to lighting. In the executive suite, the small living room was essentially unusable due to the poor installed lighting. I had a similar complaint with the bedroom reading areas. Happily, after I made note of the problem, the hotel provided extra lamps in both the living room and the bedroom reading areas. Thus supplemented, the lighting was decent.

Beyond the problem with lighting, our stay was very pleasant. If you are sensitive to room lighting, make sure to speak up if you find the rooms as poorly lit as I did.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a great hotel, nice lobby, 2 good bars, excellent rooms and solid service. And while I am not personally a fan of the Potsdamer Platz is it very central and you can get anywhere from there easily.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were quite disappointed in our recent 5-day stay at the Ritz Berlin. On the positive side: the public areas are beautiful, the location is great, and the breakfast buffet was fabulous. But so many little things went wrong - this is just a partial list: broken dresser drawer, partially repaired after 2 requests over 2 days; mini-bar not restocked for 2 days; waitress in cocktail lounge served our drinks without noticing the mess (spilled food and drink) left by previous customers; room lock system changed mid-stay with no notice so we had to return to lobby for new keys. Are any of these deal breakers on their own? Of course not. And for the most part, staff was responsive and apologetic. But this is not the level of service we expected at this or any 5-star hotel.

We stayed at the Ritz on the recommendation of our travel agent, after staying one night earlier in our trip at the Regent Hotel, Berlin. We regret that we did not return to the Regent.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RitzCarlton2014, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear OutofOH,

Thank you for kinking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you.

Feedback is extremly important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number +49 30 33 777-6002. I look forward to hearing from you,

Robert Petrovic