“Total fail - don't stay here”

Concorde Hotel am Studio
Ranked #285 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel was a total fail. We booked this hotel because it is close to the Berlin ZOB central bus stop and we were going to arrive late from Prague. We informed the hotel beforehand that we will be arriving late, even then the old guy at reception (who was a complete weirdo btw) kept telling us how we are supposed to check-in by 9pm. Duh!! we already informed the hotel about our late arrival. When we asked him about getting food from somewhere that late at night, instead of helping us he kept telling us how we arrived so late (it wasn’t our fault that the bus was delayed).
When we asked about directions to Schoenefeld airport the next day, he told us we are staying at the wrong hotel (SERIOUSLY!!). We didn't need his opinion on our choice of hotel, just needed simple directions. Anyway after all that we finally got to the room which was AVERAGE and had no air conditioning or fan (it was bloody hot that night). We had a very bad sleep. When we called to ask for wi-fi password, we were told that we will need to come down as it was complicated to tell us over the phone (we were so tired that we just didn’t bother).
All in all a total waste of money and time. Would not recommend this hotel. Stay at Ibis instead which is right next to the ZOB bus stop.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Priya V

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed 9 nights in August 2013. Found the hotel through Travel Republic and got a good price with breakfast. Had twin room on the 4th floor (non smoking - and I could smell no smoke from other rooms) looking out onto Kaiserdamm. At first it seemed noisy but after a while you got used to the traffic noise and it didn't bother us, even with the window open. It did get quite warm in the room as it was quite hot outside and there is no air-con. Cleanliness very good, and there is a fridge in the room which isn't stuffed with expensive mini-bar items. We had to turn it up though because it didn't seem cold when we first got there. Staff very friendly. Used the internet at the computer in the reception area, no charge. I believe there is wi-fi in the rooms but didn't need that.
Breakfast very good with some hot items, good view from the 7th floor.
The area is nice residential area. There are a couple of restaurants towards Theodor Heuss Platz and turkish snack bar and Dunkin Donuts the other way. The Theodor Heuss Platz U bahn seems slightly closer than Kaiserdamm. You can also catch a bus into the city by walking to Messedamm (turn left out of the hotel, go round the big silver building which is the local tv station and cross the road to the other side). You can also catch a bus from Theodor Heuss Platz into the Grunewald for walks in the forest or by the Havel river.
We would definitely come again.

Room Tip: If you are not bothered by the traffic noise (it is not too bad because it is constant vroom vroom w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The hotel is located 4-5 minutes away from the U-bahn and 7-8 from S-bahn stations. It takes you about 20 minutes to get to the center of the city.
Even though it is located near a big street, the rooms are quiet. The staff is nice, polite and always ready to help you.

Overall - good quality for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed 3 nights,attending a conference at the ICC (only 5 mins walk away). Staff were really friendly & helpful at check-in, but insisted on payment on arrival. My room was on 5th floor,which was high enough so not to bothered by traffic on the main street below. There is no aircon, but the windows opened, and the room stayed cool. The room was OK size, the bathroom was good, and the breakfast was excellent. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but there are several places to eat just along the street, and there is friendly bar adjoining the hotel. Free Wi-Fi worked perfectly during my stay
U-bahn stations are literally a couple of minutes walk, so getting in/out of the city is no problem at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TWinster13
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I spent three nights in this Hotel around Easter, taking advantage of a stay 3, pay 2 nights special (found on the hotel's website), which cost me about 100 Euro total, breakfast included. I was given a room on the 7th floor (the hotel starts from the 4th), facing south (opposite the main street, thus no traffic noise at all), with a wonderful view of the illuminated Funkturm. The room, while on the smallish side, did not feel cramped and was comfortable enough. The bathroom was quite OK too, with basic amenities. The free WiFi connection worked flawlessly (you must ask the reception for username and password). The breakfast was good, rich and varied. I found the hotel staff, both at the reception and in the breakfast room, very nice and friendly. The hotel is well connected with Berlin, as it's 5 minutes away from the U2 "Kaiserdamm" stop (10 min to Zoo, half an hour to Alexandre Platz), and 10 from the SBahn "Messe Nord" stop. My only minor complaints are the mattresses, that felt a little uneven, and the somewhat small shower towels. For the price paid, I couldn't have asked for more!

Room Tip: Probably rooms on higher floors and facing south are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Cevedale
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I arrived at 13:00, did the check-in, went out for a walkaround and... when I came back my laptop wasn't there!
I was alone in my room and I closed the door and took the key with me. The door was not forced, so the most probably is that the laptop was stolen by somebody of the staff. I complained to the people at the reception but they didn't care, so they did nothing, The only thing they did was to give me the web page of the police. The worst hotel I've stayed in my whole life.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Woidl2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Excellent breakfast and located 700m. away from Berlin Messe.
No restaurant but a few good options around

• Stayed: February 2012