“Great place, great people, great times!!!”

St. Christopher's Inn Berlin
Ranked #15 of 358 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hostel is amazing. Hands down the best I have ever stayed in. The bar is lively and full of great people. Drinks were cheap and the atmosphere was outstanding. The hostel was clean, The beds were comfy and the staff were really helpful. I had no idea what to do in Berlin and they always had brilliant suggestions making every day of my stay enjoyable. Can't give this place enough praise!! 10/10!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

The hostel is very good.
The entrance is really bad though: at first you would never say it is a hostel because of the bar (common area). It is confusing and might be very unpleasant if you arrive on busy times.
The room is very nice! I stayed on a room for 6 people and the bunk beds were amazing. It was totally planned and well planned (plugs, lights, lockers, curtains). Large mattresses and very comfy.
Its a very big hostel and the shared showers might be a problem (talking about queuing to take a shower).
Staff were very nice and friendly.
Breakfast included. Wasn't the best, neither the worst. Good for its value ("free" haha), actually very good.
Theres no wifi in the room and thats bad, really bad, specially if the common area is busy and you just want to skype or chill...
The common area is nice. It is the best and the worst in the hostel hahah (if you stay there, you will know what im talking about). Cheap drinks, cheap food (and good) but tiny space.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is the third St. Christophers I have stayed in in Europe so far and I am simply not sure!!! It is almost like the hostel is trying too hard to be hip and in the "scene". It is a great hostel with some nice people, a lot of nice people actually! We wanted to order food and asked reception about timings and the guy said they stop serving at 2300. So at 2250 we try to order and the bar staff are like ehhh no food stops at 2230. I know it is only a small thing but it is severely annoying, the reception and bar literally share one counter and they don't even know the timings of food? I couldn't find the mens showers on the second floor so i ended up using one in the "Oasis" whatever that is which was nice because it was a private shower! Overall the hostel is good!

Room Tip: Dorm always wins:)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We arrived at st Christopher's at around 7pm the reception is in the bar we had to carry out heavy back packs through a over filled bar full of Americans watching football. They could see we were struggling and they kept pushing us out the way. We were told by the man at reception that we couldn't split our bill 3 ways. I physically had to pick up the calculator from his desk and split the cost between 3 myself as he would not help. We got to our room, it was clean. The beds squeak really loudly at any movement. The next morning at 10am a old man is put in our 6 bed dorm. My friend and I were speaking becAuse it was 10am we were told by the old man that people were trying to sleep and it was a 6 bed dorm not a 2. I found this really rude and uncalled for, why would you book a dorm if you can't handle noise? You would book a private. This hostel has a bar but is very boring there should be an age limit and not throw a old man in the room with young people. I have stayed at st Christopher's in Amsterdam that was great, this hostel should take a leaf out of there book. I'd never stay here again this place is no good. Staff not willing to help no laundry .... If you like to party don't stay here. The hostel claims to have free wifi.. It constantly disconnects they should not clam to have free wifi if this is the case.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank maddi c
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Very quiet place dispite the bar in this hostel. There is no noise from street and everything is very clean. There is lift for apartment rooms and each apartment have 2 rooms: one double and one with twin beds. The bathroom with bathtub is common for this two rooms and is clean in good condition (there is hair dryer).
The staff is quite polite and welcoming, always available to help! There are free tours starting in the hostel (at least in december 2013).
The matress were not best quality but are average and its ok to sleep in here. I would recomend this place, either u are a party person or not! But if u like to know people and to have some party is best combination!

Room Tip: stayed at apartment rooms and they have kitchen included.. i think will be good if planning to stay...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Hated this hostel, I guess I'm not much of a party person because this hostel was a never-ending party..really, it's never-ending! (My boyfriend went one year before we met and he says it was the coolest hostel ever!)
The bathrooms smelled so much to humidity and always were dirty, if not flooded! The beds were very uncomfortable and very squeaky. The lockers were so little I could just put inside a purse.
The public area is the bar so you don't have an area where to relax without music at its highest volume. At the end of a very long touristy day I like to relax, with a beer or two, but not feel like I'm in a club where I can't hear the person right next to me..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Love this place, and love the helpful friendly staff.
They have different rooms for different needs. They will gladly help you with any questions and give lot of suggestions.
Many discounts on both food and drinks. The portions of food is more than satisfactory. Try this hostel if you have not already done so. Merry Christmas St Christopher see you soon.

Room Tip: For a Solo girl traveling you have to try the 4 bed femal dorm. Couples book the dubbel bed room. A...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo