I really cannot understand how people can underrate this hotel. Yes, this is an apartment hotel, which was a wonderful surprise to me. The rooms were gorgeous, with a brand new condo feel to it. Granite countertops in both kitchen and bathroom, quality linens, tasteful and clean furnishings. I never did see the restaurant but does the fact that breakfast is not included except for a price really matter? You are on the Ku'damm! You are surrounded by wonderful eateries and fabulous food, merely steps away from this hotel! Do you really need a hotel bar (don't know if there is one at Louisa's or not, didn't feel the need to know) as you are, again, SURROUNDED by cafes, bistros and bars! This is the Rodeo Drive of Berlin! Did you never hear of 'location location location'?! Yes, things will be a little pricier!
The atmosphere at Louisa's has a quiet spa-type vibe, indeed, there is a spa on site, which may explain why other patrons might complain to managment about noisy family activity at the pool, which is part of the spa facility! (To me, spa equals tranquility). The pool is surrounded by ultra large, ultra comfy lounge chairs and has an unending supply of large fluffy bath towels. The pool gurgles and makes for a great "white noise" to snooze off jet lag or to hunker in with the newspaper or a good book, clad in your large fluffy robe from your room. The foyer, staircases and hallways have a royal grandeaur quite pleasing to my "champagne tastes" and add to the pampering feeling that spending time in Louisa's will give you. I found the staff to be extremely helpful, actually walking my husband and I down to the parking garage behind the hotel rather than just pointing the way or trying to explain directions.
There is a sophistocated feel to this hotel which gains it it's very deserved 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Louisa's Place is directly situated at the world-famous boulevard "Kurfurstendamm". Its location at the heart of Berlin City West surrounded by numerous fashion boutiques, restaurants, cafes as well as theatres and galleries. Visitors for trade fairs benefit form being close to the exhibition grounds and appreciate the possibility of experiencing the relaxing and calm atmosphere at Louisa's Place. Every one of our 47 suites has its own distinctive character and offers two to three rooms. The interior impresses with timeless elegance and high-quality materials. All suites are equipped with satellite TV and DVD player, telephone, a bathroom with under-floor heating, balconies or conservatories in most units as well as a fully equipped kitchen. We offer our guests free access to internet via WiFi. Our spacious Spa area is especially designed to suit your personal needs. You can plunge in our large scale swimming pool, and swim away from your daily cares and troubles. Our fitness room will invite you to perspire, and with a following visit in our sauna you will be able to set your spirit free. Get a new look at our hair salon "Udo Walz Louisa's Place" while receiving a well-deserved hair treatment in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Alternatively let yourself be pampered with a relaxing massage or classical cosmetic. Please come in and visit our land of relaxation. Let yourself get indulged by the metropolitan kitchen of our Chef Holger Zurbruggen in the modern and elegantly atmosphere of BALTHAZAR Restaurant. The ambitious dialogue of the solid middle European kitchen with international influences is distinctive. The atmosphere of the Restaurant is open and communicative. The architecture and interior design with its high windows and the long "Cheftable" in the middle, the BALTHAZAR table, are a synonym for this extraordinary ambience. Only at this special table you will be able to celebrate the exceptional Balthazar dinner between five to twelve courses and will get poured the wine out of our 12-litres-Balthazar-bottles. You are cordially invited to experience pure relaxation and decadent vibrance of VESPER Bar. Submerge yourself in their proudly tailored cocktails and finely blended whiskeys and join them on a journey when the best of everything was uncompromising and the pursuit of perfection was all around at our famous Kurfurstendamm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louisa's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louisa`s Place Hotel Berlin
- Louisas Place Hotel Berlin