1,560 results
All reviewstv towerindigo hotelupgraded to an executivegreat locationberlin centrealexander platzbathroom doorair connice hotelcentral locationfloor roomtrain stationmini fridgewalk in showerstayed here for nightstea and coffee making facilitiespublic transport
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I liked the staff, they are really nice and helpful. Location is great very central and just 5min walk from the shuttle stop for tegel airport. We got an upgrade in a deluxe room with view on the tv tower. Nice room and very clean. Alexanderplatz is good for some shops and fast food. We always took the metro to go out in either a bar or restaurant, not a problem for this.
However, I booked a double bed and there were two single beds when I arrived in the room. I was too tired to ask to move room, so I simple asked to put them together which was done with no problem but apparently there aren't any double duvet in the hotel which is quite strange for a four star hotel especially if you travel as couple. The breakfast is average nothing special, also if you prefer pouched eggs, omelette you need to pay extra for those, never saw something like that, and I paid lot more for it, I could have saved €150.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fabrizio D
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hi Fabrizio D,

Thanks for your candid feedback! We appreciate you trusting us for your lodging needs. It's encouraging to see that the room lived up to your expectations and that our staff provided exemplary service. We are proud to deliver True Hospitality!

I'm sorry to hear that your bed preference was not met and that you weren't impressed with breakfast. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and hotel management will look into the issues you raised.

We hope to see you again!

Many thanks,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

First time in Berlin .. The choice of the hotel was central. The hotel is a nice basic hotel. Beds soft and good. Breakfast good and comprehensive, I was even positively surprised. The gym is small but adequate. There is a need to pay extra in the refrigerator, ie to raise the room level. The staff is nice and helpful. We chose the location of the destination, the connections are good. You can use a train, a subway, a tram.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Azure-Hotels-Berlin, Guest Relation at Holiday Inn Berlin Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Petri,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are glad to hear you had a great stay with us.
We know the importance of a good rest and we are glad to her that you had a great sleep, for your next stay we will give our best to meet your expectations again.
We would be very happy to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely
Christian Dietzel
Guest Relation

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I m sorry but the reply that the management gave me is completely irrelevant. I said I injured myself climbing out of the bath and he thanked me for saying they have a good shower??? Do they understand English?

Stayed: June 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Jean S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We'd like to apologize for what happened during your visit and for the response received from the hotel. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team for evaluation. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The hotel is a modern style hotel just minutes from shopping and restaurants. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms vary in size. Elevators are a bit small, but stairs are easily accessible. Breakfast has lots of options. They have the squeeze bottles in the bathroom, so bring your own shampoo, conditioner, etc. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from Museum Island and a little further to the Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate.

Room Tip: Try to be up above the 5th floor to help avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Azure-Hotels-Berlin, Guest Relation at Holiday Inn Berlin Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Dear bostonmickey2010,
It’s wonderful to know that you liked our Holiday Inn Berlin Centre – Alexanderplatz. Thank you very much for your nice rating about our Hotel. We are happy that you liked the breakfast. See you again soon at your next Berlin journey.
Kind regards from Berlin
Andrea Mudra, Guest Relation

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Absolutely brilliant, I will leave tomorrow a very happy guest.

Where do I start?
Staff! All staff members here have been fantastic, friendly and helpful; I have been very surprised with the level of friendliness, helpfulness and genuine politeness This includes Stefan at the front desk, a staff member at the front desk during the evening (6th Nov) and the staff in the breakfast staff.

Special kudos to Andrea, she was second-to-none. Not only was she does she have the above mentioned qualities, but they are in abundance. Andrea also has the skill to connect on an emotional level while remaining professional and maintaining a down-to-earth level of service. Please pass on my kudos to Andrea and thanks for helping me out on checking-in when I had to deal with a Taxi driver.

The hotel is clean, well kept and maintained.

The only room for improvement are two things;
1. The show gel was not monitored and left me rationing it for two days before it ran out-I then informed the front desk
2. The gym could do with one more running machine. Both are taken in the morning at peak times and there is enough room for another one without taking up too much space

I also like how the hotel promotes a green environment with use of the 5EUR incentive; where if your room isn't attended to by staff, you get a voucher! More hotels should encourage this.

Furthermore, kitchen staff behind and in front of the scene were very attentive towards my gluten allergy. The kitchen know all about gluten-free and cross contamination -it was a breath of fresh air! Staff were very knowledgeable and confident

I felt like a VIP guest and not just a standard customer -thank you very much

Room Tip: Perfect staff, gluten-free items available.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Daniel,

I will forward your nice words to our staff, it is always a pleasure read something like this.
If you planning to stay with us again, we would be very happy to accommodate you again. We wish you all the best for 2018.

With kind regards