“Spoil yourself with a deluxe room at competitive rates!”

Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz
Ranked #65 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
stockholm
“Spoil yourself with a deluxe room at competitive rates!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

An extended weekend in Berlin gives you enough time to enjoy the city AND your hotel room! We booked a deluxe double for only slightly more than standard room rate. Our room, 342, was huge so we didn't experience the luggage space problems that a lot of reviewers have commented on. It also faced over the courtyard and was incredibly quiet. I loved the unconventional room layout and it is obvious that they have put a huge amount of attention into the detail. I could not fault anything and my husband would call me fussy, so that's a credit to the hotel! The bathroom with its' glass mural in the shower was fantastic. Power points in abundance and well located, even in the bathroom. Wall to ceiling windows. Not having to see the tv from the bed if we chose not to! After the first night being hot in the room, we realized we needed to turn off the heating completely and open the windows to the airing position (the only position available). It solved the problem! The list of compliments goes on.

The staff were all young and friendly. We enjoyed a drink in the unusually quiet bar on the Sat. Enjoyed a Watermelon Man, invented in Berlin! Treat yourself! The hotel location was fine and I didn't mind it being in a side street because it was so close to the TV tower and within walking distance to a lot of sites. It was also an easy trip from Schoenefeld Airport.

Our rate included breakfast. If I had room only and had to pay the usual breakfast rate, if the EUR17 quoted by other reviewers is correct, I would consider it very overpriced. Based on experience, I would consider it to be worth no more than EUR11. There are heaps of cafés in Berlin, more than any other city I have ever visited, and I would probably choose to dine out instead. The breakfast staff always had a smile on offer, despite being run off their feet on the weekend as the Holiday Inn guests also dined there that weekend (due to both hotels only being half full).

So, why did I choose this hotel? Firstly, because the Manager takes on board comments written on this site and provides suitable responses in a swift manner. He is the obvious reason the staff look so happy! Secondly, I am an IHG member, although only at lowest level, I should point out. So it did not provide me with any benefits that have swayed my opinion! I would definitely go back, although next time we would have our two teenagers with us so we would need two rooms!

Room Tip: Deluxe room 342 for size and quietness
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jc63Stockholm
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear jc63Stockholm,

thank you very much for this great review of your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz. It has been a pleasure having you and we are very happy that you have enjoyed your Berlin visit that much - even if the city is rather quiet in January. We like your idea of bringing the kids on your next Berlin trip. You might choose a date in summer when the city is buzzing in parks, cafes and on the riverside. And you can enjoy a drink in our courtyard garden then.

Once again, in the name of the whole team I thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo. We hope to see you soon again. You can contact me anytime on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com.

All the very best,

General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We booked through bookings.com and paid £140 per night with breakfast . Our room was on 9 th floor with good views over the plaza, no noise ! Efficiently run hotel, nice size room, extremely comfortable bed and amazing pillows, bathroom a bit small single occupancy only! Breakfast ok not great,consider having it elsewhere, but overall would recommend this hotel

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AntoniaRobinson
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear AntoniaRobinson,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your nice comment. We are happy to read your feedback about the location, the comfort and the pillows. Our rates change daily depending on the requested travel date and room category. We guarantee rate parity, meaning the price on our own website is always the same as on all other platforms. It is not a secret anymore that hoteliers always prefer direct bookers when it comes to deciding about complimentary room upgrades - so to book directly is always a wise choice.

Once again, thanks for your comment. We would love to see you again at Hotel Indigo.

Yours sincerely,

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I booked one night for the Christmas as I wanted to check out the hotel for future stay.It was easy to find from the Alexanderplatz,just look for the Holiday Inn sign as it sharing the same building.I took the express x9 bus from the airport Tegel to Bahnhof Zoo station.From there I took the train to Alexanderplatz.You can of course take a taxi from the airports,but it seems that many taxi drivers have problems finding the hotel. I was quite happy with the room and yes ,it was small but big enough for one person at least !

I didn't try the breakfast, as I just went over to the Alexanderplatz station and bought some cheap food over there instead.

I encountered only one problem during my stay and that happened at my checkout. Somebody had the night before bought 2 drinks in the bar and that came on my final bill.Thank god for the receptionist believed me when I told him that I have not been to the bar and I have not ordered 2 drinks either. I didn't needed to pay for something I have not ordered, but somebody at least got 2 drinks for free ! Next time somebody order something in the bar ,please check their room key or name,so this does not happen again !

Will I be back for another stay ?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank N0rwegianTravellers
Dear Norwegian Travellers,

thank you very much for staying with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your valuable feedback. The hotel is just steps away from Alexanderplatz and is easy accessible by public transport. Please find the directions on our homepage. As the hotel is still very new and also the street has been renamed some years ago, not all of the 7.600 Berlin taxis know us. For everybody arriving by car we recommend to use the alternative GPS address 'Otto Braun Str 25'.

I am very sorry to hear about the situation at the bar. I am glad that my colleague at the reception has reacted this way. Mistakes can happen and the most important thing is not to let the guest leave with bad feelings.

Once again thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo. We take you by your word and we are looking forward to welcoming you again. You can contact me anytime on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com

Washington, DC
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed just one night but liked it. The staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. When we checked in we were upgraded to a better room and given free drink vouchers for the bar/lounge. The hotel looks brand new and all of the common areas were nicely decorated. The room was very clean and modern with a great design. As others have mentioned...the semi-transparent shower was a bit odd...it didn't bother us, in fact, we found it amusing, but depending on your travel companion it might be a concern. We got an excellent rate which I thought was a very good value. We had the breakfast which offered many great choices and was very tasty. Although there was a sign mentioning all the coffee/latte/etc. that you cared to drink, this was not offered to us and I did not see a self-serve area for this. It could have been an oversight as the person working the breakfast area, seemed to be training a new employee. I would probably stay here again. The location was good...very convenient to public transport and within walking distance to many areas of interest.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank viajero5
Dear viajero5,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for taking the time tom write a tripadvisor comment. I am happy to read your remarks about the friendliness of the staff and the design. If you feel uncomfortable with the glass wall (even if it is quite hard to spot any details through it) we can install a blind. Just let the reception know. I am sorry to read that we have missed the opportunity to offer you coffee specialities. Right next to the fresh boiled pure coffee (which has a revival among coffee connoisseurs at the moment)in the cans on the tables, we offer as much Espresso, Latte Macchiato or Cappuccino as your heart can stand included in the breakfast price. Please accept my apologies that we did not offer you these. I have spoken to my breakfast team already not to miss on this again.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your Hotel Indigo experience. It would be a pleasure to have you again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for a week in January 2013, and were very impressed with the hotel. It's modern and stylish, great facilities and in a great location. There is limited storage space for unpacking but rooms and bathrooms are really cool. The staff were polite and helpful - especially Conrad who was always friendly, smiling and went out of his way to help us

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amandakh
Dear Amandakh,

thank you very much for staying with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz. We are happy and proud about your comment and thank you very much for leaving such great feedback. Konrad is extra happy about your praise and sends his regards. Whenever you are planning to return or need something from Berlin please contact me on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here right before Christmas for a weekend. The location is perfect, with access to the tram, U-bahn and S-bahn within a 3-5 minute walking distance. The service is great, with helpful staff at the front desk and a nice bar area in the lobby.

The rooms were very small though, which was OK since we spent most of our time out of the hotel anyway, but it just made getting ready and organizing two separate suitcases around the room difficult.

Also, as others have mentioned, the shower is separated from the room by a glass wall covered in a picture of the Trevi fountain in Rome. It's very strange, and only partially obstructs the person in the shower. This means that whoever is in the room can still see parts of you, or at least your shadow, as well as any light from the bathroom when you're in there. It can be inconvenient if you don't want to wake someone else up, or if you just don't want them to potentially see or hear you in the bathroom. It did give me and my friend a good laugh though.

Overall, the hotel was very affordable and well designed (except for the bathroom thing), and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank arielle s
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear arielle s,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for leaving a comment. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our location, the design and the service.

Thank you for your feedback on the glass wall. While many guests love this feature we know that it might be inconvenient sometimes. We can install a blind for your convenience, please contact the reception.

It would be great to have you soon again at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz.

All the best,

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I recently spent one night at the indigo for business. Located in Alexanderplatz, the surrounding area is constantly being renovated, so does look a bit down and out. (Plus taxis drivers find it difficult to find) However the hotel itself is very modern and stylish!
Loved the interior of the bar, the room was done out nicely although quite compact but was clean and comfortable.
The downstairs restaurant offers a good selection of food, and has a good offer on steaks.
Would definitely stay there again, highly recommended!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda W
Dear Amanda W,

thank you for staying with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for sharing your good experience. It's great to read that you loved the design and the interior and I am happy that you liked our bar and restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back !

Best regards from all of us at Hotel Indigo