Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz
Ranked #65 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here for 5 nights in May. Staff were courteous but not overly friendly. Nice room on high floor although overlooking a tram line so not too quiet. Rooms very modern but air conditioning only expelled cold air! Overall though a nice modern hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CountryGreens
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear JimmyJamJar,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your nice review.
It has been a pleasure having you and we would love to see you again. Next time you might want to choose one of our rooms facing the courtyard as they are very quiet. My personal favorite rooms are the X42 rooms at the end of the corridor as they are very spacious. Please ask for one of them on your next booking !

Kind regards,

General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed five nights at Iindigo alxnderplatz. The hotel is very nicely decorated in a special way. The rooms are not big but beautiful . Coffee maker in the room. Great location 5 minutes from public transport including the train to the airport schonfeld. Amazing staff especially Liza. Her special treatment contributed greatly to its warm feeling stuffs hotel provides. Thank you Liza! !

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank אהרון א
Dear אהרון א,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your tripadvisor review.
I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable week at Hotel Indigo and that my team has made your stay extra special. Lisa sends her regards !

We hope to see you soon again. Best regards from all of us at Hotel Indigo,

Cheshire
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in room 940 and couldn't have been happier. Great hotel, good bar and gym too. I think our room was a standard room but it was good. Nice Aveda toiletries and a sofa. The sound quality between the rooms was brilliant, I have never stayed in such a quiet hotel. All the staff we met were fantastic (housekeeping, reception, bar staff and porter) and they were a refreshing change from some we found elsewhere in Berlin. I cannot thank the hotel enough, we loved it and it made our stay in Berlin a joy. It very central to the busy Alexanderplatz so shops, tram, U Bahn and airport express are a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank CheshireCheese11
Dear CheshireCheese,

I am truly delighted to read your tripadvisor review about your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz. Thank you very much for your kind words about my team, this really makes our day.
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your time in Berlin that much and we were very happy to be your hosts. Whenever you are planning to return or you need something from or in Berlin please do not hesitate to contact me on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com.

Once again many thanks for staying with us and for your excellent feedback.

Warm greetings from all of us at Hotel Indigo,

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My room was good, nice big comfortable bed; great big wet room. Irritating things were no UK TV stations out of the 40+ available. Maybe they think BBC Arabic counts, I don't and CNN is great for the US view of the world, which is hardly balanced.
The iron and ironing board, were pretty poor and as far as I could make out, you couldn't open any of the windows. The breakfast selection was extremely varied and to a high standard. Did seem irritating that you add to pay an excess charge for a poached egg or a simple omelet.

All of the staff were very pleasant and the 24 hour mini gym in the basement was excellent. I'd probably stay there again if the price was reasonable, usually when I've looked it's been on the high side, probably due in part to its location

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear dan o,

many thanks for staying with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your room. We offer a range of 40 international TV channels plus Sky Movies in german and english language. I will check if we can further english channels, meanwhile our free WIFI and free landline calls make our communication offer quite complete.
I will have a look at our iron and ironing boards- so far I found them acceptable as they all are brand-new but we will check if there is room for improvement.

We would be very happy to have you soon again. Please check our website for best rates.

Best regards from all of us at Hotel Indigo,

Staffordshire
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed 17th March for 4 nights. Room was spotless, cleaned every day. Corridors were clean, tidy and very quiet. Didn't hear any noise outside of the room.

Comfy bed and pillows, friendly staff.

Stayed room only.

Couldn't fault the hotel one bit. Would highly recommend. Hotel will look after your bags for you if your flight is later on (free of charge).

Things to do: visits near by Volkspark freidrichstein park for a nice stroll and go to Hofbrau bar for some nice food (it gets busy though).

Tip: don't bother booking transfers from the airports as Berlin welcome card (available from airport) or individual train tickets from the station are so easy to use. Public transport links are amazing and right on your doorstep.

Room Tip: Can hear trams going by on the external rooms but the view more than makes up for it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisa_rob04
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear lisa_rob04,

many thanks for your booking at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your amazing review. I am so happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay that much and I thank you for the compliments to the hotel and the staff.
I love the nearby Volkspark Friedrichshain, too. Go there for a Schnitzel and a beer at Cafe Schoenbrunn - highly recommended !!

Once again thank you for your lovely feedback. We hope to seen you soon again !

Kind regards,

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I like challenges and the latest IHG challenge brought me to the Indigo berlin Centre Alexanderplatz. Normally I always stay in the IC Berlin due to it's location and the service that I receive. Anyway ... indigo review,

I was impressed when I walked in, nice boutique style lobby and the check-in was very nice. The guy did an outstanding job explaining everything and was very helpful too find me a free parking spot ! (really nice) got a nice room the so called 'blue room' and got my internet voucher.

After getting settled went out for a walk and when I returned we went for diner in the hotel restaurant. Ordered the signature steak dish which is advertised everywhere in the hotel, got some pasta and a soup. I had many restaurant diners this year (75 +) but this was probably the worst. Ordered medium rare got rare, which was even cold on some places. Had a carrot & ginger soup but it was a ginger soup. I must say it was very bad. Probably the cooks had an off day ... The waitress offered free desert or coffee but honestly i didn't feel like eating anymore. At least I didn't have to pay the soup (still a 50 euro + bill though).

I was a little cranky and went up to the room and started working. My family went to bed early after a long trip and I continued to do some work. Unfortunately the internet connection stopped working at about 22.00 because the voucher was expired mmmm. I didn't feel like calling or going down anymore since the rest was sleeping.

Positive: service (although I missed the luggage guy outside and they missed a few things), location, decoration, style.

Negative; parts of benefits, Restaurant

Room Tip: Don't eat in the restaurant (my experience)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Busy_Traveller_1972,

thank you very much for your booking at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your loyalty to the InterContinental Hotels Group. I am very happy to read your comments on the boutique style and your check-in, having in mind that you are used to excellent service by our colleagues at the InterConti.

After reading your review I immediately picked up the phone to call our executive chef. Your description of your restaurant experience makes us both feel embarrassed and we are just sorting out what went wrong. Our executive chef and I would like to make it up to you and invite you for dinner on the house on your next stay. Please contact me on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com.

Once again many thanks for trying out Hotel Indigo. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best regards from the whole team,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is great - good people, great vibe, excellent location. Beds are comfy and the shower is just awesome. Seriously, it's up there on my list of "Best Showers of all Time" - possibly as #1.

The only issue though is that shower and the bathroom situation here. The "window" from the shower into the bedroom isn't that bad, but, if you want to maintain your privacy in other bathroom activities it's not going to happen. Literally everything that happens in that bathroom can be heard from the bedroom....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ali K,

thank you very much for your booking at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review. We are very proud to be on your 'Best Showers of all Time' list. On your next stay we would like to have you in one of our corner rooms where the shower is even bigger - and also those rooms do not have the glass wall feature that you did not like that much. Please contact me on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com so I can arrange everything for you.

I am very happy to read your comments about the good people, the vibe and the location. We would be delighted to have you again very soon.

Best regards from all of us at Hotel Indigo,