“Great Weekend Break”

Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz
Ranked #65 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Chose this hotel for a surprise weekend break for my husbands birthday. Hotel in a really good location by the tram line and a short walk away from the TV tower. Rooms finished to a really high standard and breakfast was delicious. Staff also very friendly and helpful. Went on the open top hop on hop off bus tour, which we found was a great way to get around. Would visit and stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor as they tend to be quieter and away from tram line.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JamesBecks
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear JamesBecks,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your excellent rating. I am very glad that the surprise weekend for your husband has been a success and that you had a good experience in Berlin and at Hotel Indigo.

We look forward to your next check in !

Best regards,

General Manager Dear Cecilia S,

it has been a pleasure having you here with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and in the name of the whole team I thank you for your five tripadvisor stars. We are very happy to read your remarks about the design, the service and the location and we hope that Hotel Indigo will be your choice again on your next visit to Berlin.

Warm regards,

General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at the property for four nights, and as this is my first stay at any Indigo property, I was pretty impressed by the brand and how amazing they are able to make small spaces work. The room was definitely not on a grand scale. In fact, there is barely any room to put your luggage! Nonetheless, it is nicely decorated and effective for a single person. I would imagine that the room will be way too cramped I there are two in the room.

Bedding was comfortable, but pillows were not firm enough to provide adequate neck support for a side sleeper like me. Also, as in most European hotels, duvet on a double bed means its two single duvets instead of one large queen sized one. Not exactly ideal for one who keeps tossing in his sleep.

The location and price point is a very strong selling point. I paid around 90
Euros a night (but there is a holiday inn in te same building as indigo) and though the property is not exactly at te footsteps of the U Bahn, that can be easily reached on foot in 5-10 min walk depending on your speed. There are also S Bahn available and the transport options makes it a breeze to commute around town. There airport bus also reached Alexanderplatz and you can walk to the hotel in say, 10-15 minutes.

Alexanderplatz has many grab and go food outlets and there's also a mall with a supermarket where you can grab necessities.

Major sighs like Museum Island are just 2 bus stops away (but don't walk cos 2 stops ain't that close) and the same bus, 100 and 200 will also bring you to Brandenburg Gate. If you want to explore West Berlin, especially KaDeWe department stall, the U Bahn will bring you there, but I think you need to change lines somewhere.

It's a great property reasonably priced and I will stay here again if I am in town and looking for a
Property in the Alexanderpltaz area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank GeraldSingapore

Dear GeraldSingapore,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review. I am very happy to read that your first stay at one an Hotel Indigo has been a good one and I hope that you will try out one of the other 15 european Hotel Indigo on your travels. I have also heard only good things about the Hotel Indigo in your hometown Hong Kong. Maybe you will have a drink there in the near future ?

Please contact me on your next stay with us on dirk.dreyer@hotelidnigoberlin.com as I always enjoy a chat with experienced travelers.

Kind regards,

General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very nice hotel and nice rooms. We stayed in a standard room on 9th floor, unfortunately not with a view over Alexanderplatz. Room is small of course, but sufficient. Clean and modern rooms.
Service was good, the staff is very friendly. Breakfast was good with many things to choose from. Very close to Alexanderplatz.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cecilia S
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Cecilia S,

it has been a pleasure having you at Hotel Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz and I thank you for your excellent rating. Thank you for highlighting the service and the friendliness of the staff.
On your next stay you might book one of our deluxe rooms as they are way more spacious than the standard rooms.

Best regards from all of us at Hotel Indigo,

General Managef Hotel Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My host had actually made a reservation for me in the Holiday Inn hotel, which I found after some difficulty walking in the middle of the night from the Alexander Platz station -- thanks to the neon letters. But arriving at the reception, I was told, with profuse apologies, that something had gone wrong: they were overbooked. However, they had a room in the hotel "next door." Well -- what do you say at 23.45 hrs?

The hotel "next door," Indigo, actually turned out to be twenty in-door steps from one reception desk to another.

By way of compensation, I was given the "Blue Room." This unique room in the hotel (there are apparently a few other "Blue Rooms" in hotels in other parts of the world) has been designed in truly marvelous, happy-making manner, thanks to bright colours, a nice, asymmetrical chair, and a shower big enough for a party. It is located in a corner, and has windows at two sides, and commands a nice view of the Television Tower at Alexander Platz.

Apart from this, I was impressed by the lavish and high-quality breakfast. Walking around, I saw a pleasant atrium space, and some conference rooms.

At €79 a night, the hotel was reasonably priced. My only regret was that I had not more time to enjoy the unusual room, as duties waited.

So consider Indigo -- and if you are *very* lucky, you might be able to sleep in the Blue Room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ChF_10

Dear ChF_10,

thank you for being our guest at Hotel Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz. I am very happy to read that once you were here you had a very good experience at Hotel Indigo. It is great that you liked your room so much. The 'Blue Room' has been designed exclusively by BLUE MAN GROUP. You might also book a package including tickets to the show at Potsdamer Platz on our website.
I am glad that you have get to known Hotel Indigo and we would be very happy to see you again on your next Berlin trip.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a stress free stay at hotel indigo. The hotel is centrally located and close to public transport. We went to a great German restaurant nearby and there is a shop a few doors down. The staff were friendly and accommodating (they even gave us our mini-bar purchases on the house!)

The hotel is modern and comfortable, although sometimes a little too hot! I would highly recommend the restaurant too - beautiful meal for a good price. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank KH S

Dear KH S,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz and for your five star rating. I am glad to read that you highlight the location, the neighborhood, the restaurant and the friendliness of your staff. On the weekend of your stay we experienced some difficulties with our air condition. We were able to fix them within some hours and I apologize for any inconveniences.

Once again thanks a lot for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again very soon !!

Best regards from the whole team,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We spent 4 nights here recently. The hotel is a short walk from the transport hub of Alexanderplatz so very convenient. The hotel room was very modern, best shower ever but lacking space for two people. Make sure that breakfast is included otherwise its 17 euros. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pelham56

Dear Pelham56,

thanks a lot for your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz and for your good feedback.
It is great to read that you liked our convenient location, the modern design and the rain shower.
For extended stays we recommend choosing one of our deluxe rooms or executive rooms with balcony. These rooms offer way more space than the standard rooms.
Many thanks for recommending us. It would be great to have yo again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been to many hotels for both business and leisure purposes. The staff at this hotel was simply the best, ever. They were a great help from check-in to check-out. I was actually there a little early to check in, and my actual room was not ready. But they upgraded me to an executive room with balcony at the top level, just so I didn't have to wait. They offered umbrella and bike services, they gave me a 20minute city guide for where to go, where not to go. They were very sincere and made me feel home.
the rooms are decorated with great style. this is not your average corporate hotel. it has the boutique hotel feel to it. The shower is great. The location is priceless. The price was really good for everything you get from a hotel.
I wouldn't think twice before booking this hotel if I ever go to Berlin again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JReis37

Dear JReis37,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your great review. I am truly glad that our team has given you a warm welcome and made you feel home, this is the biggest compliment a hotelier can get. We are happy you have enjoyed boutique hotel feel of Hotel Indigo and the personal service.
We would be delighted to have you again at Hotel Indigo on your next Berlin trip. Whenever you need something from or in Berlin just let us know.

Yours truly,