“Lovely cinema and good choice of English Films”
Review of CineStar Original

CineStar Original
Ranked #33 of 135 Fun & Games in Berlin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to this cinema in the Sony Centre. Although it was a little expensive, in comparison to UK prices nowadays it probably would be about the same.

Saw The Monuments Men and was very impressed that there were at least 3 - 4 other films being shown in English too. Seats were comfy and it was the right temperature in the theatre too. Sound and screen also were great and had no complaints.

Staff at the front desk were helpful as we asked some questions too and very friendly.

All reviews
"lines"
"german"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The screens in this cinema are great, and so is the sound. The rest is terrible. It feels like it was build 10 years ago and then never looked after. The staff is slow and they are rude. When we entered the screen all lights were off and we had to use our phone to find the seat. 30 minutes of ads played before the start of the film, which is not nice for an expensive (€11,-) movie. The seats are dirty. A great plus is that they play originals instead of dubbed movies.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Its a big theather, it was good because it has english movies, I went and watch Oz. And you have to pay for 3d glasses.

1  Thank albavsilva
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

When we had some spare time left we went to the movies. It's nice that there are movies in English. The employer wasn't the most friendly one cause we didn't have cash money. They don't accept creditcard so I had to find a atm. The prices are expensive. We had to pay ?29,- for 2 persons. The food and drinks are good and if you buy a large drink u get 1,5 liters. The backrow seats are okay if u have backproblems because they sit really straight. If u want to lay down more pick a seat from the middle.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have been to this Cinestar Cinema a number of times over the years and always make a point of seeing what is showing when I am Berlin. I have never had any problems with staff being rude, smelly toilets, finding which screen is show the film I have booked or someone in my seat. I have always found the experience similar to going to the cinema in the UK. I try and go on a Tuesday if possible as the prices are cheaper.