Hotel Abendstern
US$447
US$214
US$192
  • Restaurant
aletto Hotel Kudamm(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscharlottenburg stationbetween floorsnight breakbasic hotellocation is excellentaround the cornerbahn stationsboiled eggsfirst morningpublic transportshopping areaschonefeld airportwould stay here againpasswordstopswilmersdorferreception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I thought this hotel was far too overpriced- I paid 90EUR for a tiny room. The staff were unfriendly, the room was dingy and unclean, there was even a bug! The hotel was very noisy with people constantly going up and down the stairs. Everytime someone in another room turned on the tap, the noise of the boiler was loud enough to wake me up.
Don't stay in this hotel, there are much nicer ones in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MissSChic
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Berlin is city of joy, so how you enjoy your travel is also depends on your stay.
I went to explore this city, and wanted to stay in budget hotel, I book this hotel online, , i didnt liked the surrounding of this place, but stay was quite ok, Food was Excellent!!! i still remember the cofee of this hotel, i loved that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bhcha1982
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed there for three nights. I asked for a large room as it was my boyfriends birthday, I became dubious as we walked into the un impressive reception but pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. It was very big and we could tell from the floor plan that it was the biggest room (111) so I was very grateful they gave us a large room. The only thing I was disappointed with was the fact that I had asked for a double room and we had two single beds pushed together! Not the best for a couple!

As everyone else has said, the receptionists had a limited grasp of English despite how many tourists must stay there! Although one of the receptionists did help me call a German restaurant as I could not decipher the German landline system! The women in the breakfast area were lovely and let us have breakfast at 0730 on the morning we were leaving despite not opening until 8 as it was the weekend and the times change, we had forgotten!

The bathroom was nice with a powerful shower which is what you need after a day of walking around! although no full length mirrors anywhere which was disappointing.

Great location, just across the road from the train station. Wifi was slow and only lasted 48 hrs but this was not that bad.

Overall, not a bad hotel at all for the price, good value.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RebeccaAmsterdam
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The location is great: away from crowded touristic paths, in cozy Charlottenburg. Both U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations are in 3-minutes walk from the hotel, and Bus 109 from Tegel airport stops just round the corner. Our room was nice and clean, though a little dim in the evening. Wi-Fi worked just fine, you only needed to ask for a login and password at the reception. Breakfast was fine, except for the coffee from the coffee-machine. The staff was very helpful and friendly and all of them spoke Russian. There was only one unpleasant thing during our stay, but it was not the hotel's fault: as it was very warm the windows were open at night and some people were talking very loudy in the inner yard. But what can you do about bad manners?.. All in all, I think it is a good value for the money. If I happen to visit Berlin again, I'll stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tatiana1507
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Hotel is well situated in Berlin in old building, close to S station, suitable rather for short staying. Close to Berlin Tegel airport, big ammount of bars around. Clean inside with basic equipment you might need e.g.hair-dryer. Receptionists hardly speek English - I hardly speek German... was funny. At the reception : coffee 24h, maps, information of any kind in brochures... Continental breakfast. Parking place for wehicles not higher than 1.8m (!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family