“Best shopping in Berlin”

Mauerpark Flea Market
Ranked #63 of 806 things to do in Berlin
Sydney, Australia
164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Best shopping in Berlin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are visiting Berlin, you could go shopping on the Ku'damm, but you'll find mostly big department and chain stores. You could go to an Ampelmann shop, but that's expensive and touristy. If you want something which really says "Berlin!" visit the flea market at Mauer Park on a Sunday. You'll be overwhelmed by the variety - from vinyl records, to handmade clothes and jewellery; from bags to antiques. The atmosphere is pretty good too with plenty of buskers/live music and you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to food too. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cute but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Cute market.
I've been to much larger and more interesting ones. It was much smaller than I expected. We walked around for 30 minutes and left. It's cute if you have nothing else to do, but nothing to write home about.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Miron900
Boston, Massachusetts
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Huge & Diverse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This flea market has a little bit of everything. Items range from handmade jewelry & clothing, art & photography to tables that look as if the seller emptied their closet that day. There are many seemingly endless rows of stalls with food and drink stands conveniently located throughout the market. There are price points for all types of people and you could spend hours here searching for the perfect items. New residents to the city should definitely check out the insanely large selection of housewares and furniture in the center of the market. When I visit Berlin again this will definitely be a stop I make.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laura H
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great market though very very busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Diverse stalls and lots of interesting food and drink stands. However really busy, especially when good weather. Would advise getting there early or late - try and avoid 12/1pm.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rosie A
Berlin, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Lovely flea market”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was in Berlin for a couple of days with a friend that was staying on the other end of the city, so on our last day we wanted to walk around the neighbourhood in which her hostel was located (Kreuzberg- which many people had pointed out as a must see) and finish visiting the important spots in the centre of the city. When I woke up to go meet her, I saw it was raining really hard and so we knew we had to change our plan. That's when a local friend said we should go to this amazing market that made our day ! It was filled with cool stuff -I ended up leaving since if I hadn't I would've bought loads of pretty though unnecessary things. The prices I believe were not bad at all, and what's more, the sellers were more than willing to lower the price if they saw you were interested -I didn't even have to ask for a sale. I loved this market, the cafés around it -although all the cafés and restaurants are beautiful in this city !- and the music that surrounded it.

Visited May 2014