“Treated me like family! ”
Review of Das Stue

Das Stue
Ranked #6 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment I arrived I was greeted by the friendly door man. My first night I had a zoo view room. I wanted a room with a bathtub to soak after my long travels so they were kind enough to move my room. The beds are so comfortable. Wonderful bed linens & soft pillows as well. The staff were incredibly accommodating. I was very sick when I arrived to Berlin. Room service prepared a nice soup for me even though it was not on the menu. The hotel arranged for a doctor to visit me in the comfort of my room. They went to the pharmacy & delivered my prescriptions to me. What fantastic service! Not only were the staff so kind but it's a beautiful, unique hotel that's wonderfully decorated with a mix of modern and retro inspired furnishings. The owner of the hotel has one of the best collections of black-and-white photography so wonderfully curated & displayed around the hotel. I could call Das Stue home. They exceeded all of my expectations in a hotel from design, location, customer service, comfort and hospitality. Hands down one of my most enjoyable stays anywhere in the world!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nickit98
JP D, General Manager at Das Stue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having shared your wonderful experience at Das Stue. We are very proud to read your review and so happy that you felt like Das Stue is your home. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was lucky that my company booked me into this hotel on my last trip to Berlin. My room was a bit on the small side but not a problem as I was traveling solo and it had everything I needed. Staff was extremely helpful. Thank you for the nice stay, i come back with my hubby :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very positive review and we are also happy that your company chose our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back with your husband.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed in Berlin for five nights, and found Das Stue through the Design Hotels group. We were instantly drawn to it's beautiful fit-out, location and great reviews.

Service - the Germans know how to deliver great service. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty. Across the duration of our stay we interacted with the reception, concierge, restaurant, bar and door employees - all with a smile and an eagerness to please.

Our room, Junior Suite from memory, was well-equipped with modern technologies and comforts - an Apple monitor as a tv (in two rooms - the bedroom and lounge area); comfortable chair and seating, great bed (although I will say the pillows - giant as they were - were too soft for my liking); shower with multiple heads (I know, right).

When booking, ask for a room overseeing the zoo - everyone does and its' certainly the room you want - although don't be disappointed if you miss out, there are plenty of places to get a view of the animals from around the zoo gardens.

We'd had breakfast there every day (after thinking we had it included in our cost, which we didn't - d'oh!) which offered quite a selection; we ate at the casual restaurant once (it was nice, but I'd pass it to explore Berlin's other foodie stops) and we skipped Paco's 5 resturant (the reviews seem slightly mixed - plus it's Spanish and we just spent two weeks in Spain!)

Would we stay there again? Hell yeah. We had a great time and again, the service was fab. If you're willing to fork out the funds (it ain't cheap), do it - you won't regret it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your most positive review and for having stayed with us at Das Stue. We are very happy to read that you appreciated all the hotel's facilities and especially the service.

Next time though, do try our Cinco restaurant. It does have a Spanish influence, but the food is exceptional and very creative.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of those places where you long for returning. Hospitality, atmosphere, rooms , bar and garden lounge as well as the position and calm surroundings make this hotel THE ONE AND ONLY! We visited many hotels in Berlin but this one is definitely the best!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Mopa55
JP D, General Manager at Das Stue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We just love to be called the Best! Thank you for shaing your experience with us. We are happy to read that we exceeded expectations in all departments.

We do really hope to welcome you back very soon to our special place.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a very nice design/boutique hotel in a great central location in Berlin. The rooms are very cool (good luck finding all of the cupboards!) and the bed was extremely comfortable. Downstairs area is also very nice, outside sitting area, bar and restaurant all great and the staff very professional.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JKC1979

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your very positive review on our hotel.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Das Stue ("Living room" in Danish) is the old Danish Embassy, right at the Tiergarten and park.

Service is amazing, rooms are great, and the location is perfect and quiet.
We ordered breakfast for the room, and it was very delicious and plentyful.

The gym was not the best, but it had standard equipment.

All in all, a great hotel that I absolutely can recommend!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank bjohansen

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your great review and we are really happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed our gym is a little on the small side but we hope that there was enough equipment to provide a good work out. I also hope you were also able to take advantage of the Tiergarten park on our doorstep... The park offers amazing runs as you may well know.

Thank you for having chosen Das Stue and we do hope to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was originally an embassy so you know it's going to have some quirky aspects to it.
The hotel was superb easily one of the best we have stayed in and a favourite. Not many rooms which means service is exceptional, faclities always available and very well located for exploring the city of Berlin.

Our room had everything we needed (best shower ever) although the apple TV was a little slow and difficult to use at first.

I would highly recommend this hotel and is best for couples looking for a child free romantic weekend retreat.

Book a stay, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having shared your positive experience at Das Stue. Yes the hotel used to be the former Danish Embassy and this does add to the special atmosphere.

We are happy to read that the service was exceptional and sorry to know that you felt the tv system took a little long, I do hope it did not cause too much inconvenience and hope it was an isolated case.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon