“Great food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Tia Rica

La Tia Rica
Ranked #30 of 8,312 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Chilean, South American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Description: La tia rica, close to Savignyplatz offers chilean gourmet food and wine. Apart from excellent Chilean specialities we offer a nice atmosphere and large selection of Chilean wines
“Great food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely worth a visit - surely we'll come back another time.
The host was very authentic and lifted the experience from great to excellent.
Jakob Kock

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of the best restaurants in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I am very spoilt and for this rarely go out eating. But this restaurant is really a place to recommend.

I have been there with friends yesterday. We shared the dishes in order to try as much as possible. And … it's been gorgeous:

SPLENDID AUTHENTIC FOOD
I have been to Chile a few years ago and really felt like back in the country with these yummy quinoa dishes. (The cook is Chilean!)

FRIENDLY MINDFUL STAFF
Very friendly people all of them!

RELAXING ATMOSPHERE
It was so wonderful sitting outside on the street enjoying the sun.

No matter if you prefer meat, fish, vegetarian or sweets … we had all available and let me tell you: there was nothing I did not like!!! But my aboslute favorites are: gilthead, tender and juicy as it was, and tres leches as sweets !! Soooo yummy!!!

Not a budget restaurant but not outpriced either. Reasonable price for the quality of the food.

Nothing you can do wrong giving this wonderful place a try!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Anna B
“Lovely local restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I got to know Francisco some years ago when he ran another restaurant in Berlin, Charlottenburg. It was great. I met him on the street the other day, and he asked me to come along the the new one, La Tia Rica.
We had a lovelty evening. This restaurant is even better than the former one. Great home cooked food, with Chilean and spanish notes, great wines from his home country Chile and nice, warm atmosphere.
Also a very nice tarrasse for long warm evenings. We will come back to the rich aunt...
Gracias
Jörgen

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant reastaurant ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I vistited this restaurant a few times (already 5 times) and I was never disappointed. Whether I enjoyed an evening with friends by a delicious meal and wine or a family reunion.

This restaurant offers a plain but graceful ambiance without any pomposity or kitsch.
When it comes to the dishes I can only say I was always surprised.
The dishes were very delicious (especially the Ceviche and the Salmon with Quinoa).
Besides, the dishes are authentic and fulfil the concept.

The staff is polite, friendly and attentive.
In addition, to that it is always endeavored to satisfy the wishes of the guests.
Personally I liked the heartily owner, who also is sincerly and heartily endeavored to fulfil the guests wishes.

Well, I personally can only recommand this restaurant for people, who wants to spend a good evening in a pleasant atmosphere with friends or family by very delicious food and Chilean wine...

• Visited April 2014
“Perfect dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in Berlin. The food is great and the atmosphere very warm and welcoming. One of my favorite dishes here is the rabbit leg in dark caramelized beer sauce. I also like the selection of chilean wines. The prices are very reasonable too.
During the warmer part of the year it's very nice to sit outside as the area around is such nice and cosy very near the Savignyplatz. I'm a frequent visitor and have never been disappointed.

• Visited April 2014