“Mindblowing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

New Day
Ranked #208 of 8,236 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Friedrichshain
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mindblowing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Speechless. The best vietnamese we've ever had! U should definitely give it a try!

Excellent service, also english version of the menu available.

We had four drinks (guava juice, water, local and vietnamese beer) & three starters (two times vietnamese spring rolls, one with shrimps and the other with tofu & papaya salad with beef). Our mains were chicken with peanut sauce and mango curry. Every single ingredient was fresh and tasty!

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen
“Fantastic, fresh Vietnamese food at a bargain price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I were staying in a hotel a few streets away, so using TripAdvisor's mobile app, we tracked down this highly rated Vietnamese restaurant.

The staff were very friendly and keen to welcome us in to their warm and inviting restaurant. It had a real family feel to it and the open kitchen was fascinating to watch whilst waiting for your food.

The food was ludicrously cheap, considering the quality and quantity of the portions. A real standout was the Vietnamese spring rolls, absolutely delicious. The beef noodle soup (Bo Pho) was also delicious, but go easy on the chillis if you're adding extra seasoning. I went over the top and my face almost slid off of my skull.

For two starters, two pints of German beer, two mains and a decent tip, we paid under 28 Euros. We were well looked after, well fed and even dined there again later that week. Highly recommended.

PRO-TIP: If travelling by U-Bahn, get the U5 to Samariterstrasse and it's just a short walk away.

• Visited February 2014
Manchester
“Delicious and fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We ate here on a Saturday night and had no problem getting a table without reservations. We were really impressed with the quality of the food and the great value.

Ordering from the menu was a bit of a hit and miss affair as we didn't realise they had English menus and neither my German nor my Vietnamese is up to scratch! We ended up with two different kinds of spring rolls, which were incredibly fresh. Then I had the beef pho and my boyfriend went for roast duck in a curry sauce. These were both really excellent, so very tasty and perfectly cooked. Couldn't have asked for more from the service.

Two starters, two mains, and four beers came to a total of 33 Euros! An absolute bargain and well recommended for dinner in Friedrichshain.

• Visited January 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant by meself. It was bot overly crowded, which is something I appreciate when dining alone. I went for 2 'vorspeisen', namely the chicken coconut soul and the springrolls with shrimp and chicken. Both werd made with care and tasted great. You should really get the New Day thea with fresh orange. It was one of the best theas I have ever had. After my soup and springrolls I went for a desert. It was soms kind of warm purple pudding with coconut milk in the middle. Dont know what was exactly in it, I only know it was delicious. Definitely going tot visit New Day again when I am back in Berlin!

Nicaragua
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Have eaten here multiple times since arriving in Berlin - it's delicious! Service is attentive and quick too. Their pho is delicious on a cold winters day, all dishes very authentic and full of flavour. We usually order two main dishes and two small dishes and drinks, which costs around 30 euros. Great value, great ambience, great food - we'll definitely be back!

• Visited December 2013