All reviews tiergarten station ernst reuter platz the nearest bus stop around the corner minute walk lovely hotel per night cleaned daily stayed two nights nice room pleasant stay hotel bar business trip public transport haribo train buses
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I did enjoy my stay here but this hotel could be so much better...

Let’s start with the positives - the location is okay (you are quite far from a station but the 245 bus is your friend!). The room was tidy, and quiet and the bed good quality.

On the downside check-in was rude and unhelpful. A terrible introduction to a hotel. They couldn’t tell me when my room would be ready and insisted that even though it was afternoon that not a single room was ready - this was a lie as on 2 of the 4 mornings I was here the cleaning staff banged on my door before 9am. Why mislead guests when the truth is you are just too lazy to sort a room out?

When I did finally get a room the check-in was perfunctory. Usually they’ll tell you where the lifts are and direct you to your room but, no I had to ask and they didn’t mention when or where Breakfast was.

When the cleaning staff did get into the room they don’t actually clean it! They make the bed and that is it. The bin wasn’t emptied and rubbish that I’d left on the desk was not cleared away.

The one time I asked reception for help they could not be bothered to sort anything out. Only about half the channels on my TV were working so I rang reception. Someone would fix this I was assured. 3 days later nothing had been done.

I also can’t remember a hotel when you walk through reception that staff just totally ignore you. Not once did I even get a hello or a Guten Tag. Just goes to prove that they are totally disinterested in the guests. Novum needs to send all of their staff at Style Centrum on training as they are an embarrassment to your company.

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank worldwidemark
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I read some of the previous reviews and had to double check that I was looking at the right hotel. The main confusion was that this hotel is nowhere. It is fifteen minutes walk from the S-Bahn. According to the TripAdvisor app there is maybe one decent (Vietnamese) restaurant within five minutes walk.

For the record, I paid roughly €250 per night for this stay.

Check in was officious. I got no smile, welcome or sign of anything other than apathy.

The room was a decent size but people as I was on a lower floor people outside could look into my room.

The night I arrived we had torrential rain so given that the room didn’t have an umbrella I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. Except the hotel doesn’t even have a restaurant! Apart from breakfast the hotel offers no food at all.

So I ordered a delivery of a Domino’s pizza.

While waiting for the pizza I visited the bar, which is only open from 6pm. The service was again entirely transactional. No personality from the bar man.

I asked the reception if I could get an iron to my room to iron my clothes only to be told (with a blank expression) that I could iron my clothes in the luggage room. So I had to carry my clothes through a busy bar and past reception to the luggage room and back again.

Overall, the staff were terrible. The location is in the middle of nowhere you’d like to eat, see or drink.

The only positive I can think of about this hotel is that the room was clean. The cleaners did a wonderful job. Outside of that my only advise is to avoid this hotel. It offers absolutely nothing.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank ewerk1
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I liked my stay here. I was in Berlin for business, and the location was perfect. The staff were friendly, room was great - very big - and the same goes for the bed, which was great as well. No real complaint, other than that I think the price they charge for breakfast is a bit high. But obviously, a person isn't forced to have breakfast there, so that's optional.

Room Tip: Try to book breakfast with your room booking, as it's quite expensive in the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank euroaussie2016
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Good value property in Berlin, near a good selection of restaurants.

However pillows were awful, which sadly meant I barely slept during our stay. Shower was cold, reported it, but staff didn’t seem interested. Staff were not very welcoming, any questions asked felt like a hassle.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I could not fault this lovely hotel. If you are looking for a tranquil base to enjoy the buzz of Berlin then the November Style Berlin Centrum is hard to beat.

Check in:
On arrival the reception greeted my family warmly and allowed early check in and access to our room. 5/5

The room we stayed in was bright, airy and spacious, extremely clean and had the benefit of being on the 5th floor looking out over miles of uninterrupted rooftops and skies. There were packs of Haribos for my son and coffee making facilities for me. A bottle of sparking water was also in the room at a small charge of 4 euros. The bathroom was very clean and well designed and in room storage was plentiful and complemented with an in wardrobe electronic safe. Beds were very comfortable with fresh white sheets, duvets and soft pillows. 5/5

After reading other reviews we decided to try the local cafes for breakfast and were not disappointed, lots of choice and good quality for a really good price. 5/5

Transport is accessed by taxi or the 245 bus (very regular service with no long waits) which stops just around the corner from the hotel. Either option can whisk you to Earnst Reuter Platz or Berlin Zoologisher Garten stations opening up access to the rest of Berlin and beyond. 4.5/5

Each member of the reception staff I encountered was very friendly, accessible, helpful and professional, definitely 5 stars for customer care. 5/5

The hotel bar was a lovely setting to have a well earned refreshment, some great cocktail offers and the pilsner went down a treat! Of note was the bar man, he was very friendly and attentive creating a nice warm and relaxed environment. 5/5

To sum it all up, the Novum offered unbeatable value for money, a high level of comfort, cleanliness, peacefulness in a nice neighbourhood with good accessibility to all of Berlin and a welcoming staff team to top it all off. I would definitely stay here again when I next visit Berlin. Overall rating from me is 96/100

Thank you to all the staff at Novum Style Berlin Centrum.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family