“Well-located, good value hotel”

Ibis Berlin Kurfurstendamm
Ranked #70 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, UK
“Well-located, good value hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights here for a long weekend. Arrived before noon after arriving from the airport on a early flight, and were delighted that our room was ready so we could freshen up before exploring Berlin. Location is great, two minutes walk from the u-bahn which takes you to the centre, or to the Zoo station where you can pick up the (faster) s bahn. This is also where the airport express goes from.

The hotel is in a shopping district, across the street from a cafe (great from breakfast) and a supermarket (for everything else). There was a market in the square on the Friday we arrived, with food and flowers.

The rooms are good and have air con, great showers and a comfy bed. The reception staff speak excellent English and are very helpful, there is free wifi and 2 pcs in the lobby with a printer if you need them.

Overall an excellent stay in a great hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ttgat
h7961_am, Manager at Ibis Berlin Kurfurstendamm, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear ttgat,

Sincerely, Your Ibis Berlin Kurfürstendamm Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights with my boyfriend and I have to say that our stay was perfect. The room was small but very clean and well furnished and the bed was so comfortable, and the door made the noise of the aisle almost zero. We rented at the reception two beautiful new bikes for 10€/day and I recommend it 100% because you get to see the city quicker than by foot and cheaper than by subway. The breakfast was great but I would like to have had bacon and more different fruits (the croissants were delicious though). The only thing that I would improve would be the staff. The reception women were not really as friendly and polite as they are supposed to be in a tourist accomodation place (I've worked in this sector so I know what i'm talking about) but the cleaning woman of our floor and the maintenance men were always really nice. Anyway, the neighbourhood is really good and I would definitely repeat if I come back to Berlin!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is really well positioned close to the night life, tube and department stores. The reception staff are charming and the evening barman could have been pleasanter. Real professionals who did everything to make our stay a pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

h7961_am, Manager at Ibis Berlin Kurfurstendamm, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear 428simon,

thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Your Ibis Berlin Kurfürstendamm
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from two nights at this hotel and I was thoroughly impressed! I had already been in Berlin staying at another hotel and had pre-planned to change hotels because ibis had a better rate for my last few nights (I went from sharing a room at another hotel down the street to being on my own for a few nights after a conference). From the moment I walked in I found a MUCH friendlier staff than the one at the previous hotel and even though my room was not ready (I was there much before check-in), they happily held on to my suitcase for me. At the previous hotel when I arrived early they made me pay to hold on to my suitcase. The room is very modern, sleek and clean. Shower was great and the bed was very comfortable. At the front desk they did a great job answering questions and helping me out with finding my way around. The hotel location is excellent, just steps from the train and buses. I didn't have breakfast there so I can't speak to that. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place in West Berlin!

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, even numbers room. That side has a good view of the nearby plaza.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank likes2bike
thurgau
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spent 3 nights in this hotel and was totaly happy with the price and especially with the room. Very clean, excellent matresses, nice bathroom with a good and clean shower. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, there are a few good cafés near by. I would stay here anytime again. All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Milwaukee
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Ibis for 2 nights and truly enjoyed our stay. Hotel location is good. Near KaDeWe department store which on top floor it has 'cafeteria style' food option. Outside the hotel there is a supermarket and a bakery shop. This hotel is close to U station: Wittenberg Plaz. From Tegel airport, we took bus X9 and get off at Zoologuscher Garden, then took a U2 metro and get off at Wittenberg Plaz.
Hotel is clean and comfortable. Two people in the room and we did not feel tight with the space. Free WiFi and we did not have problem with the internet.
We were able to check in early and the front desk staff was helpful and they gave us a tip to take bus 100 which has route of major tour sites.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
h7961_am, Manager at Ibis Berlin Kurfurstendamm, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Air747,

thanks for taking the time to give us a feedback after your stay at the Ibis Hotel. We are very glad to hear that you have spent nice days in Berlin and were satisfied with the location of the hotel, the rooms and the friendliness of our staff. We hope to welcome you again.

Best regards your Ibis Berlin Kurfürstendamm Staff
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 24 May 2014

For a budget hotel, the Ibis Berlin Kurfurstendamm is an excellent value. I had an "accessible" room (designed for a disabled person) and it was very nice. Larger than expected, with a large bathroom and a patio with a view of the city. I was initially skeptical of the Ibis custom bed - a very firm base with a 3" foam mat on top, but it was very comfortable - better than a typical spring mattress. I'd stay here again, gladly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo