“Top notch drinking and food.”
Review of Berlin Food Tour

Berlin Food Tour
Ranked #4 of 44 Food & Drink in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Berlin Food Tour presents some of the best food spots in Berlin’s most vibrant neighbourhoods. Berlin Food Tour is for everybody who want to discover not onlyBerlin but also the Berlin way of life.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I am one of the Scottish doggers (doctors) mentioned in a review below. I can't recommend this tour highly enough. I was not hugely looking forward to currywurst, but it was outstanding. You start the evening in Pfefferhaus (seriously, research how to get there before you go...you can get lost) where you sample ever increasing Scovilles worth of chilli sauce, with a well informed host. This is a great warm up to what is a fantastic tour with great beer, currywurst and chat.

Bastian is a great guide, who is both knowledgeable and personable. He puts everyone at ease, involves everyone, and really knows his stuff. He has arranged places with local bars/eateries and they are always expecting you and ready to ply you with excellent beer and tasty treats.

We were with a whole bunch of Blackpool folk who were great fun and this really felt more like a bunch of friends out for a few drinks. Bastian easily felt like "one of the guys" and there was never any sense of being on the clock. In one bar we met some locals and we just sat drinking with them for a bit.

If you're unsure about currywurst- take this tour, it'll change your mind. If you like beer- take this tour, it'll introduce some great experiences. If you don't like beer- take this tour, it'll make you love beer.

4  Thank DrBud1986

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Well to say I started the evening with a little apprehension is true but I needn't have been worried. We were a group of four friends who were also joined by two marvellous and amusing Scottish doggers. Actually they were doctors but I initially misheard them, lol.
The evening started by warming up your taste buds sampling chilli sauces to get you ready for the curry wurst. After your first sample of curry wurst and with a tingling tongue you are ready to sample you first beer of the evening. Surprisingly it wasn't one but four different ones to sample. Bastion is a perfect host talking time to talk to all members if the group and out them at ease.
It's a great way to meet new people, sample different foods and beers and also to see some great street art that you might otherwise miss.
I can highly recommend the evening to all.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We took part in the Beer & Currywurst Tour on Dec 4th despite my partner not liking the idea of Currywurst and a vegetarian who doesn't like beer in our party. We all had a fantastic time, Bastian is a friendly, charismatic and engaging host who obviously has put a lot of time into building his fledgling business.

The tour itself takes you to two Currywurst outlets and five beers stops, the wurst and beer are already paid for which makes the tour actually much more value for money than it initially seems. Bastion also points out some cool street art, restaurants and some historical sights on the way round.

Personally I had already drank in four of the beer stops on previous visits to berlin but they are also my favourite so I didn't mind revisiting.

Overall it was a great evening, we were joined by two very funny Scottish doctors and the group stayed on at the last stop to carry on the evening once Bastian had left.

We are heading back to Berlin in the summer and will be giving Bastian an email for a drink at some other bars we discussed during the evening.

If your even remotely thinking about booking, just do it, you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank hamgemma
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Never really been on an organised tour like this before, but went as a friend we were travelling with had done some research.

As a veggie and not really being a beer drinker you might think it was odd to go along, but I really enjoyed the tour, the beer and the street art. Bastion even arrange a couple of veggie alternatives to the curry wurst.

Also it was nice to meet new people and get to know a city. This tour would be good at the start of your visit as you definitely are taken to some lovely venues that you wouldn't otherwise find.

All I can say is I will look out for this kind of event in future, great night.

1  Thank Phil_lsa
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Food tour was a lot of fun. We covered a lot of ground, saw and sampled lots of great food shops. My only criticism is that it was a little too heavy on sweets.

1  Thank arlenetravels