I am a WW2 and Cold War Buff and from that point of view, the location of this hotel is simply unbeatable. Anhalter Bahnof ruins - 50 m. Prinz Albrechtsrasse Gestapo HQ - now a museum Topography of terror - about 200 m, with a section of The Wall adjacent to the museum. Hermann Goering's Reich Air Ministry - now the German Finance Ministry - bang opposite the Topography of Terror. Hitler's Fuhrer Bunker location - now a car park - about 300 - 400 m. The Holocaust Memorial and museum - about 100 m from the car park. Brandbenburg Tor and Hotel Adlon - another 100 m. Soviet War Memorial - about 200 m from Brandenburg Tor. Reichstag. Siegesaul - another 3 - 400 m from Tor. You can lazily walk it up and finish all of these in half a day - as I did (though I would have loved to spend more time in the Holocaust and Topography of Terror museums) . Don't forget Checkpoint Charlie which is about half to 1 km from this hotel. If you are not the Cold War or WW2 buff tyoes - and its hard to escape both these 20th Century events in Berlin - then go to Potsdamer Platz which is about 200 m from the hotel, buy a Hop on Hop off ticket - as I did - and you can tour Berlin and see the other historical sites. As an Indian , I found the "all you can eat for 10 Euro " breakfast , absolutely monotonous (same spread for 3 days ) and even pathetic but I am sure most Westerners will like the breakfast . Its no frills stay and no room service but that's why the hotel is so cheap (about 130 Euro for 2 nights three days for a couple ! ) It was comfortablebut again the room is no frills - you want tea or coffee or anything to east , you have to go down to the restaurant on the ground floor. The Net connection in the room was chargeable but is free in the lobby ! All in all for a history buff like me, the location is unbeatable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of Berlin, just seven minutes' walk from Potsdamer Platz. Simply park your car in the large parking garage and all the renowned sights, such as the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag, are just a short walk away. Feel at home in our fully refurbished rooms with comfortable beds. The reception and bar are open 24/7. Enjoy warm and cold snacks from our ibis kitchen at any time of day. We at the ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz focus on sustainable development. Together with our guests, partners and employees, we meet many requirements that have a positive impact on your health, the environment and CO2 emissions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Potsdamer Platz