First, the good news --
This hotel is clean
It offers basic comforts ... working shower, simple breakfast, comfortable bed
It is within a block and a half of a fairly busy S-bahn station
The staff are reasonably polite
It is fairly inexpensive.
Next, the bad news: This hotel is cheap in the mean sense --
It offers WiFi, but that sevice costs 4 Euros ($5.25) / day and is inconvenient (users must freshly login for every single use, the username and password change every day, and the interface is not very transparent)
Residents cannot easily use the room phone to make outside calls (on my first attempt, I was asked to go to front desk to make a 10 Euro ($13.50), partly-refundable deposit!
I was asked to pay for the full expected cost of my 4-night stay upon checking in, a serious inconvenience if you must or wish to check out earlier than expected.
Like other German hotels, this one is under the impression that hand soap, bath soap, and hair shampoo are all identical and can be dispensed from the same liquid dispenser. Unlike other German hotels, this one LOCKS separate soap containers to the sink and to the shower. My shower soap dispenser was empty before the end of my stay, but the only way to use the soap dispenser at the sink was to step, dripping, out of the shower. Not pleasant.
Amazingly cheap and poor tv set. Guys, a good one would only cost 30 Euros more!
The front desk staff were not well trained. Checking in, paying, and purchasing WiFi access took an inordinate amount of time.
On balance: Not a pleasant hotel if you're staying in one of Europe's greatest cities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of Berlin, just seven minutes' walk from Potsdamer Platz. Simply park your car in the large parking garage and all the renowned sights, such as the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag, are just a short walk away. Feel at home in our fully refurbished rooms with comfortable beds. The reception and bar are open 24/7. Enjoy warm and cold snacks from our ibis kitchen at any time of day. We at the ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz focus on sustainable development. Together with our guests, partners and employees, we meet many requirements that have a positive impact on your health, the environment and CO2 emissions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Potsdamer Platz